View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #50
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful that the players I listed become adequate enough to be decent bats, and the decent bats actually start to hit. The problem with thames is that he's so bad defensively that he basically has to be an all-star calibre bat in order to justify him in the outfield. It might make more sense to put EE at 1st, Thames as the DH, and call up Snider (ditch lind for anything that some team might be willing to give) and roll with that instead.

Lind is not looking like he's going to rebound and will continue to be one of the worst 1B in baseball with the bat

Rasmus could rebound, he could bust. I'm somewhat indifferent with him as he has potential but we aren't seeing the results yet. Definitely give him till the end of 2013 to figure stuff out and then have Gose/Marisnick take over if he still isn't good

On the whole, I think the Jays are probably going to be in the 10-12 range for offense this year, but that won't really cut it in the AL East. Basically you need to be in the top 5 or top 3 to be a contending team in our super fun division, either that or have 5 aces.
I agree with a lot of what you have said here, and this is what has made me so excited about this season and this team. There are a lot of young guys here that have potential to be all-star caliber players...or end up not even MLB worthy. This year will tell us a lot about what direction guys like Rasmus, Thames, Lawrie, Drabek, etc. are headed in. If they succeed, great. If not, we have somebody else with similar potential right behind them.

A couple points I have about your post though:

1) EE is terrible defensively, even at first base. Maybe if he played there more often he would start to look better, but its tough to stick him out in the field at this point. He makes Lind look like a great defensive player.

2) I think Rasmus has been impressive this year. His range in the field is fantastic, and he has turned a least of couple of doubles into outs already this year. Plus, his hitting has already been significantly better then last year. He still has room to improve, obviously, but I really like how he has looked this year.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post: