View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #49
flames_1987
#1 Springs1 Fan

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful that the players I listed become adequate enough to be decent bats, and the decent bats actually start to hit. The problem with thames is that he's so bad defensively that he basically has to be an all-star calibre bat in order to justify him in the outfield. It might make more sense to put EE at 1st, Thames as the DH, and call up Snider (ditch lind for anything that some team might be willing to give) and roll with that instead.

Lind is not looking like he's going to rebound and will continue to be one of the worst 1B in baseball with the bat

Rasmus could rebound, he could bust. I'm somewhat indifferent with him as he has potential but we aren't seeing the results yet. Definitely give him till the end of 2013 to figure stuff out and then have Gose/Marisnick take over if he still isn't good

On the whole, I think the Jays are probably going to be in the 10-12 range for offense this year, but that won't really cut it in the AL East. Basically you need to be in the top 5 or top 3 to be a contending team in our super fun division, either that or have 5 aces.
Rasmus with his defense and his bat right now, I'm fine with. His defense alone is a huge upgrade for this team and anything they can get out of his bat is great. Marisnick isn't close to being ready and Gose still has his own problems to deal with at the plate. I still think it's crazy to think of giving up on him anytime soon. He's got a bright future

No argument on Thames. His defense is horrible but the argument itself was offense.

I'm pretty vocal about how awful i think Adam Lind is, but he should at least be hitting better against right handed pitching.

The biggest question is what will we see out of Bautista for the rest of this season. If he gets going, then i believe this team can compete in the AL East without question, if the pitching holds up. Escobar, Johnson, Bautsita, EE could do some serious damage in the 1-4 spots, as I'd assume as dumb as Farrell can be, that EE will be in the cleanup spot eventually. Lawrie will only get better this season and if JPA can just hit for power in the 9th spot, this is the same lineup that was 4th in runs last season.

No moves should be made based on whats happened this early on in the season however. Still far to early and to small of a sample size. The Jays are going to give Thames a long enough time that there will be no question or controversy when Snider is called up.
flames_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote