View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #448
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post
Just wondering.

Second Amendment to the United States Constitution states,"the right of the people to keep and bear arms"

This has always bugged me,if it's meant to be literal wouldn't that mean "any" arms? If I was a citizen of the USA and had the means shouldn't it be legal for me to have a missile launcher,an anti-tank weapon, a grenade launcher or WTF why not even a nuke?

If the answer is restrictive weapons..why not make handguns restrictive?
I believe that the 2nd amendment also has something to do with the right to protect oneself from threats that are either from the public or the government. Our constitution is worded to for people to protect themselves from our government too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for firearms, however I believe that they need to be regulated. I've been hog hunting (which is AWESOME) but most of my weapons are for killing paper. There is a 1000 yard shoot coming up that I might take part in.