View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #1028
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Meanwhile Feaster is trading away our draft picks just like the Sutter. Improved drafting won't get us far when we have to rely on just a few picks.

Well Feaster traded a 2nd in the Regehr deal but brought in Byron who he thinks is going to turn out better than the player picked with the 2nd round pick. Trading a pick for a prospect is okay in my mind.

I get the Cammy deal as well the Flames had to give the pick because they were getting the best player and while the cap hit is higher the term is much shorter on the contract coming in. Holland was a nice story but unlikely he will ever make an impact at the NHL level. Ramo was also a throw in who I don't see being a huge piece either.

The PL3 trade was a complete waste of a pick though and a contract. Modin as well but that was a 7th so not crippling.

If Feaster goes through the next 2 drafts without picking in the 2nd round i will be surprised.

Last draft was very encouraging with Sven and Gaudreau being picked. I am hoping for a 7-8 inish this year but if not I really hope we slide to 13th to get into the top 8 in this year's draft where we can snag an impact player as the 2012 draft appears to be decent in high end guys but quite thin in the later part of the first round and beyond.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote