View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #32
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

We flew Saskatoon --> Calgary --> Vancouver --> Oahu when we went. Went with Westjet - this is going to sound like a completely random comment, but I would be wary of any airline having two flights leaving to two different Hawaiian Islands (other was Maui) within ten minutes of each other. We left Friday, and Westjet flew my mom's luggage to Maui instead. Although we ended up with a $500 voucher to compensate for the inconvenience, Westjet was pathetic at handling the situation. They found the luggage to be in Maui sometime Saturday but didn't get it to our hotel in Oahu until late Tuesday. When you're only there for a week, half of it without your luggage hurts. Like I said they tried to please my mom with a voucher - but better customer service would have been to get that suitcase on the first flight to Oahu!

Pack a lot in your carry-on luggage! A good practice in case they lose it.

Any flight I have ever looked up to Hawaii has gone through both Calgary and Vancouver.. but maybe that it just Westjet. It's been a while so I don't quite remember.

I don't know if you've ever flown over the ocean but I found that there was more turbelence (sp?) than I have ever experienced. We flew back in the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep because the ride was so bumpy. If anybody in your party is nervous of turbelence I would make sure to pack some Gravol or something for them!

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote