View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 04:30 AM   #299
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Not sure about why he didn't play tonight, but it may have something to do with that whole AHL veteran rules thing. Since signing Jessiman, maybe Kolanos was unable to play. Who knows.
I don't think that the Heat have a problem with the veteran rule ... you can use six vets with 260+ games and one more with 320+ games. The only players on the Heat who fall in that category are Laing, Walter, Kolanos, Wilson, Desbiens and Jessiman, so I think they can all play at the same time. Piskula will fall in that category next year, but ahead of this season, he had "just" 258 games. Other vets like PL³ and Henry also don't have 260 games yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
If Estoclet keeps this kind of play up, I could see him getting an invite to Flames camp next season. No question.
I have no doubt he'll get invited. At least give him an AHL deal with the possibility of an NHL deal later, couldn't hurt given the way he has played for Abby.

Good news on Howse getting the goal and the SO winner. @ Pierre, how is he playing in general at the moment?
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote