View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #35
Calgaryborn
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilch View Post
That isn't true, not even one bit! The reason BC is a major supplier is because the environment is primed for growing "perfect" plants. It doesn't matter what the penalty is it will always be grown in BC, the price will just go up.

The climate in B.C. isn't much different than Oregon, Washington, and Idaho which borders it. The highest quality Marijuana is grown by hydroponics using hybred cloned plants. The outside climate doesn't matter at all. B.C. became the hub of the market because of its lack of meaningful penalties. You can spend as much as you want on enforcement but, if you can be caught with 50 pounds of bud(like a coworker of mine did) and only get probation the reward far outweighs the risk.

Quote:
How is that war on drugs going for the USA anyways? Do you feel Reagan's policy helped deter people from using a drug like marijuana?

The war on drugs has failed because America has failed to secure its borders. I'll bet you marijuana use is higher in B.C. because of the weak penalties. Also the price has been raised by enforcement. This has helped organized crime. They often trade harder drugs for B.C. bud. If B.C. bud's prices were not artifically inflated it would take too much of it to make the swaps worth while.

Quote:
And let's be honest Reagan's policy had nothing to do with marijuana being bad and everything to do with giving more power over hippies who wanted to stop his real wars. Maybe do some research on how things turned out for alcohol prohibition.

The only thing that came out of the war on drugs was giving organized crime a blank cheque. Growers, dealers and criminals thank every single person who wants to keep marijuana illegal, just more money in their pockets.
Other than a brief operation in Granada I'm not aware of any Reagan wars those noble Hippies were needed to stop. As popular a President Reagan was I doubt that he felt threatened by Hippies.

Reagan obviously seen drug use as harmful to Americans and a waste of ones life. I agree.
Calgaryborn is offline   Reply With Quote