View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #24
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
As problematic as cocaine, opiates, methamphetamines and pharmaceutical drugs are, the currency of organized crime in this province is marijuana in exactly the same way it was during Alcohol Prohibition.
I really disagree. I also live in Vancouver and have met many people involved in the drug trade over the years. Lower level types tend to deal in Marijuana. The bigger guys all know where the real money is: cocaine, heroin, and meth.

I've never heard of a turf war over someone selling weed to his college buddies. All the violence in Vancouver is coming from the big time gangs involved in the sale of hard drugs.

Same thing with the violence in small town Alberta/Edmonton. These cities are acting as hubs for cocaine distrubution.

The money just isn't there in the grow ops. Lets say you've got a major grow op with 1000 plants. Your looking at an ouput of around 1000 lbs/ year under ideal conditions, which translates into a value of just over 1,000,000.00. You've put a lot of work into that both in terms of production and sales.

Meanwhile moving a few bricks of cocaine/meth/heroin can get you the same return. Takes a fraction of the time and effort.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote