View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #15
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not planning on having kids for a while, but this is what I'd imagine my response would be:
  • How many hours a week do your children play?
Until 10 or so, about an hour or two a day, provided homework, chores, and other basic things are done. Even past that, I'd be keeping a private watch of when they're playing and when they're working...I know almost every trick to feigning work (I used to be one of those kids who'd almost always have Alt-F4 ready, would have the menu bar closed, and would jump around my work document to look like I'm getting somewhere). I had to play a bit of catch up responsibility wise during my grade 10 year and hopefully keeping a tight eye on my kid would prevent them from having to do the same thing.
  • Do you take notice of the ESRB ratings when choosing games for your kids?
I would, but I'd take it with a grain of salt. The ESRB ratings are pretty screwy at the best of times. Likely would be more of a relationship of "I'll play ahead of you and make decisions until I get too old for video games. When/If that happens, you're probably responsible enough to decide what games you should play anyways". Most T rated games are pretty good about their content when you find online disclosure of their workings and most M rated games...well, until you're 18, you have to ask mommy or daddy (or older siblings) to buy it for you anyways.
  • Do you play with your kids all the time? Or does the child play with you out of the room?
I sure hope I'm able to play games with them. Honestly hope I end up being a parent they can play some hockey and games with.