View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #47
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

While I still have trouble getting out of bed in the morning, falling asleep usually isn't a problem (unless I've had coffee to late in the day, then the reason is obvious).

- I use the bed in the bedroom to sleep, I don't watch TV there, or read there, or surf the internet on my laptop there. I found this helps the sleeping process, kind of like a Pavlov's dog reaction, lie down in bed and go to sleep.

- I cut coffee after supper (generally). If I have a night class I won't, if I'm going out drinking or need to be up late (say to watch my ball team blow the World Series) then I'll have coffee, late

- Diet, I try and eat healthy. I'm not a strict health nut, but generally a fruit smoothie in the morning, chicken/beef, potato/rice, veggies for supper, leftovers for lunch. Proper diet makes a big difference not only with sleep but overall health.

- Routine is good, I'm bad at it, but when I'm on a good routine I feel better and sleep better. Seriously, the weekends I'm up early I feel so much better the rest of the week, I just have that whole getting out of bed problem.

When I can't sleep the trick I use is to read without my glasses. The eye strain makes me tired and knocks me out. Obviously this doesn't work well if you have 20/20 vision, then I guess low light would help?

Whatever happens, I hope that thinks work out. Not sleeping really really sucks.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post: