View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #113
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:
Exclamation Important Announcement: Please Read

This is an important announcement that is intended for everyone so please read. Over the past several weeks I’ve been contemplating the route the club should take this year in regards to being a fully open club for all CP members or a club that takes a more competitive route and implements a user skill requirement to be part of the club’s roster. (While keep CP player exclusivity) It’s been a discussion that’s been brought up multiple times in the past, but after consideration of which method would be best to appease the majority of active players and the club direction in general, I’ve decided that the club at the beginning of the October season (October 1st) will transition from a fully open club for all CP members to a competitive closed club based on the player skills and team play ability. (Not to be confused with player stats and performance tracking grade) This pertains to everyone even if you’re on the club currently and have been in years past.

Obviously this isn’t going to be popular to some of you, and I understand why. This is something we've tried in the past and didn't work out too well. It may be unfair to do it again since it's alienating, but I feel that the majority of the major active players want the club to be under a more competitive setting to play with a group of players similar to their skill level, being able to compete against top clubs, and climb up the rankings each month. Please understand it’s nothing personal and this is being done because we don’t like you. But the flavour of this club has developed into having a wide range in skill which yields inconsistent team chemistry and team performances. It isn’t that enjoyable of an experience for most when there are 3 or 4 players that play on an even level and have chemistry with one another but 1 player isn’t at the same level and plays the game drastically different from their teammates and has difficulty handling the competition play level. It disrupts the lineup ability to play as a team and leads to underwhelming results.

Let’s not forget the issues with playoff rosters and the bad taste it can leave since only certain players are given permission to play playoff games so we can boost a competitive lineup. Being an open club for everyone, it doesn’t make sense to be restrictive for certain games. So with that being the case, it’s probably better to remain consistent and players on the club will be able to participate in any type of game no matter the importance.

This does not mean that players are gonna be kept off the club forever no matter what. In the scenario you’re removed from the club after the cutoff date (I’ll get to that), it doesn’t mean you will never be able to rejoin. Anyone is always open to tryout to join the team at any time. There will never be any bias held against you. If it’s considered you will be a good teammate addition and would be able to compete against elite level clubs, you will be added to the club roster. Again, this change is to cut down the range in skill levels between all players so each games teammates will be on the same page which leads to a more enjoyable experience.

So what does this mean for the next week and half? Everyone is still on the club and allowed to play games whenever they please. If you are a new member and wish to join still, you will be allowed to. The days up to the end of the month will be considered ‘training camp’ and will be used as an evaluation period. Again, judgement on player evaluation is based on the users skill and team play rather than being at a certain player level by games played and overall. Whether you have played many games, or not that many yet, your eligible to make the club if you perform at a good enough level. Things we’ll be looking for is strong team play; players whom are good at playing their position(s). Be at spots they should be on offense and defense, move the puck smartly, limits bad turnovers and mistakes (and forces them), and in general plays smart, makes use of their opportunities and be a positive asset on the ice. If you want any feedback to improve your play, don’t be shy to ask. Constructive feedback will be provided.

So what do I need to know from you? If you want to be on the competitive club, post in this thread stating you wish to be considered. To be honest not everyone that states their interest is going to make the club initially, as well some may not want to play under a competitive setting yet still want to play with fellow CP members in club games. A new casual club for CP can be created by whomever wishes to do so.

I know this news is gonna be upsetting to some of you, but again it’s nothing personal. I feel this is the best concept to go with for the majority of players on the club who’s playing ability are at a competitive level. If you have any question or concerns, post away or shoot me a PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post: