View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #242
Dagger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
Well the landscape has changed quite a bit in the last few years with the way money is thrown around, it doesn't seem like many of the top clubs develop a lot of homegrown talent that goes on to the international stage anymore. The previous generation had a lot more homegrown talent at the top clubs, and during that era United produced what? Half of the England side? There's certainly some bluster in the statement, I mean it is Fergie, but it's not completely out of touch either.
It's not United producing the talent. It's them buying nearly finished products. If he had said that many play for him, it's true but he doesn't produce them. I mean Wenger at least lures them at 15 or 16 and puts his stamp on them, whiskynose just cherry picks talent when their ready.

I agree with him about the FA though. I'm not quite sure why he isn't lauded more often by them, and made honourary chairman for life. I also believe the queen has been particularly rude in not stepping down so he can become king. The BBC should have been taken off air whilst Ferguson refused to speak to them because what's possibly informative or factual if it's not coming from him?

God, the indignities that England along with the FA have done up Ferguson with. Where is the humanity?