View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #47
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Liverpool news and notes:

Meireles sustains a collarbone injury against Exeter.

Quote:
"It's his collarbone but we don't know how long he'll be out," Dalglish told Sky Sports. "I think we are going to be without him for a couple of weeks.

"I've not got a medical term for it. He just damaged his collarbone. He just fell on it. It's disappointing. It doesn't matter if he's been playing good, bad or indifferent, it's still disappointing to pick up such an innocuous thing. We are disappointed. But I'm sure Raul is the most disappointed person."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...injury?cc=5901

The good news is that it isnt his shoulder, that could be a few months rather than a few weeks.

The other interesting rumour surrounding Meireles is that if Chelsea insist on wanting to buy him, Dalglish is going to demand Daniel Sturridge coming Anfield's way to be a part of the deal. Thats mostly just a rumour though.

Aquaman still looking to leave:

Quote:
Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani is looking forward to making a big impact at the San Siro as his loan move to AC Milan nears completion.

Aquilani, 27, underwent a medical in Milan on Thursday morning to pave the way for a deal that could result in a permanent switch at the end of the season.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...n-move?cc=5901

Just go already. And hopefully the buy-out clause is reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
Have to give major props to the owners here. They are delivering on all promises. Such a refreshing change. We are actually going to have a pretty strong squad after this window.

Rumours that Bellamy may come back on a free too. Interesting to see if that happens. Bit of a nutter but still has some pace and could be effective coming on as a sub. He can play wide as well. Would be a good option as a squad player.
Bellamy might still be worthwhile as a squad player, he seems to still have something left to offer.

We as fans have to be pleased with the current turn of events. For me it all comes down to Dalglish now. If the owners are certain that they've found their man and that they're on board with his plan and everyone is pulling in the same direction then I think we've got a lot to look forward to.

If they had given the same reign to Hodgson I'd be extremely worried. But at the moment I think King Kenny is the man to take this club forward.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: