View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Matt Cooke's 'Rap Sheet'

I know there is already a thread about his most recent cheapshot but I thought it wouldn't hurt to break up the conversation between his latest hit and his history of being one of the dirtiest players to put on skates. This guy is serious out of control and I'm shocked no one has tried to kill him on the ice. When you look at the list of the guys he is running you can see he is just going after the skilled guys and trying to hurt them, not hit them.

I tried to find video of all the incidents I could find history of, if I missed any let me know and I will add it. I tried to find the best video I could, if any, of each incident. Keep in mind some are worse than others but I think some could have turned out worse than they did.

October 14, 1998 - Matt Cooke comes into the league...

March 6, 2000 - Knee on knee to Mats Sundin (Sundin left game)
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/...in168773.shtml

November 1, 2000 - Knee on knee to Chris Drury (Drury left game - Missed 11 games/1 month)

January 30, 2001 - Hits Matt Johnson from behind

December 26, 2001 - Sucker punches Jason Marshall
(Game Misconduct)

February 19, 2004 - Spears Matt Johnson (Suspended 2 games)

October 10, 2005 - Knee on knee to Jason Williams (Williams left game)

January 7, 2006 - Elbow to the head on Lombardi (Lombari left game)

April 7, 2007 - Blindside hit on Iginla

November 8, 2007 - Hit from behind on Langkow (Langkow left game, Missed 1 game)

February 16, 2008 - Hits Mathieu Roy from behind

February 19, 2008 - Slew foot on Kurtis Foster

April 4, 2008 - Headshot on Vincent Lecavalier (Lecavalier out for season, 5 months rehab) ($2,500 fine)

November 22, 2008 - Low hit on Edler, starts line brawl half shift into game

November 29, 2008 - Late hit on Parise, bit blindside as well

January 20, 2009 - Blow to the head of Scott Walker
(Walker left game, Missed 26 games with post concussion syndrome) (Suspended 2 games)
http://www.aolnews.com/2009/01/28/pe...it-on-scott-w/

March 17, 2009 - Questionable hit on Zach Bogosian

May 18, 2009 - Blindside knee on knee to Erik Cole

June 2, 2009 - Trys to kick Chris Osgood in the head

November 19, 2009 - Knee on knee to Shean Donovan (Donovan left game early, Missed 18 games/1+ month)
http://www.faceoff.com/story.html?id...opstories.atom

November 27, 2009 - Elbows Artem Anisimov to the head (Game Misconduct) (Suspended 2 games)

December 5, 2009 - Hits Duncan Keith from behind

February 6, 2010 - Dangerous low hit into the boards on Markov

March 7, 2010 - Elbows Marc Savard in the head (Savard misses 41 games + 6 playoff games with concussion)

April 10, 2010 - Uses his face to hurt Evander Kane's fist...whoops

October 15, 2010 - Runs the goalie 3 times, hard!

November 26, 2010 - Hits Erik Karlsson from behind

December 21, 2010 - Elbows Keith Yandle in the head

December 28, 2010 - Elbows Evander Kane in the head

February 4, 2011 - Cheapshots Steve Montador who is laying on the ice

February 6, 2011 - Knee on knee with Ovechkin

February 8, 2011 - Hit from behind on Fedor Tyutin (Suspended 4 games)

March 20, 2011 - Elbows Ryan McDonough in the head
(Suspended 10 games + 1st Rd 2011 Playoffs)

Last edited by HOOT; 03-21-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Updated...
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 90 Users Say Thank You to HOOT For This Useful Post:
absurdbluebird, atb, Beer Sponge, Ben Dover, Bertuzzied, BigDogg, BigFlameDog, Bigtime, BlAcKNoVa, blankall, BloodFetish, Bob, Bouw N Arrow, bubbsy, burnin_vernon, calculoso, Calgary4LIfe, calgarybornnraised, calgaryred, CaptainSunshin3, CofR, CogNoman, Compost, devel, Diet Water, Five-hole, Flames Draft Watcher, Flamesfan74, Frequitude, frinkprof, getbak, Gondi Stylez, gonzo29, Gozer, hansmoleman, Hockey_Ninja, holden, HotHotHeat, Huntingwhale, I-Hate-Hulse, Icon, IliketoPuck, indes, Infamous1, Itse, Jarome, JustAnotherGuy, Kaine, kenk-la, keratosis, killer_carlson, kipperfan, klikitiklik, KPJ, KTrain, MacGruber, mac_82, Mass_nerder, Mccree, Morozee, Nammer403, oilers_fan, Pooty, Porkchopp, Redrum, Red_Baron, Regulator75, Resolute 14, return to the red, Rhettzky, rogermexico, SargentD, Scoopdogg, shadetree, SOMBRI2, squiggs96, Stud_McCool, SweetDoc, sworkhard, Titan, TopChed, topfiverecords, TurdFerguson, united, username, vennegoor of hesselink, Vulcan, Wiggum_PI, WilsonFourTwo, wired