View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #221
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
70% being new makes a lot more sense. It's a fantastic product, and while I like Apple products, I can't stand the sheep mentality around them, but this one is hard to ignore. I'm loving my first gen so far.

Lining up for iPad 2 seems crazy to me though, regardless. The seconds one seems to be a marginal upgrade, but oh well, to each their own.

This stat was surprising... and disappointing.

with Apple iBooks, Amazon Kindle, and Chapters Kobo Apps it's a perfect ereader. I've found the glare to be a little rough, but I've been toying with the settings and found a good mix.

Maybe that's just me though. I am finished with having a physical book library at home. Love having an all-in-one ereader in the ipad.
Lol, that is what I thought ar first too. Ooooooh, I am going to use this thing for reading all the time. Yeah, the only thing I've loaded in iBooks are product brochures. It was unreal at the car show this year. Our guys captured 3 x more customer contacts than they did last year because they had iPads. And we had enough hotspot guys to handle the data traffic no problem. I had 3 guys on mine, and it didn't even break a sweat. The guys from the other dealerships were not amused when our guys showed up in the booth all decked out with iPads loaded with full line brochures and price lists. While all they had were the crappy vague car show brochure.

I decided to work a couple shifts at the show to see how receptive people were. What was neat, is people seem to trust you more if you have an Apple device in your hand. I didn't have one customer adverse to giving me their info. While the pen and paper guys maybe get contact info from 30% of the people they meet down there. It was such a hit for our store, our dealer principal is outfitting all 12 of his dealerships with the devices.

I will honestly say, the iPad/iPhone combo is a dream setup for anyone in any type of marketing and sales. Even the finance quotes I had to do were handled no problem, to the penny with a 2 dollar app. Apple absolutely hit it out of the park.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote