View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #1671
drewboy12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
To Sydney, flying from LAX is almost always cheapest, at least from cities in North America. How cheap can you get there? If it's under $300 or so it could be worth it, as long as you get a flight from LAX for less than around $

United has flights from Calgary for around $1275 roundtrip after tax at the moment in May. I would say the bottom price I've seen is usually around $1050-$1100 or so, but haven't seen that price in a little while.

V Australia has flights from LAX for $1000 roundtrip after tax at the moment (May). I've seen flights as low as $700 from LAX, but doesn't seem to be any right now.

So a $275 difference between leaving from Calgary and leaving from LAX. I guess whether it's worth it or not depends on how much it would cost you to get to LAX.

And this is assuming you can't get to Honolulu, Hawaii for cheap? Because if you can, that would probably be my 'break-up' city of choice between here and Australia.
Awesome thanks, Ill check out the LAX flight, $500 each way is what i was hoping to find. It cost me about $50 to get to LAX. May would be about perfect timing for me to go to. Thanks for the fast response.