View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 AM   #52
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Thanks for the info! I'd love to see a heavy iPhone user fill in more stuff on the iPhone side to make an accurate comparison though, since it sounds like you're firmly entrenched in the Galaxy S side.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with Rogers at the moment unless I want to pay $300 to cancel, so my choice of Android phones are limited to the Galaxy S Captivate essentially.

I got to play with the Vibrant and iPhone 4 for a bit this weekend, and I do have to say I was suprised that I found the heft and feel of the iPhone hardware-wise much better than the loose and light feel of the Vibrant. I did some web browsing on both phones (went to CP and clicked on some threads), and there wasn't really a noticeable difference. I could zoom out a little smaller on the iPhone and still be able to read text than the Vibrant, but that was about it. Aside from the black levels being much better on the Vibrant, I honestly didn't see a huge difference between the screens.

Software wise I think I liked the Vibrant more than the iPhone, but overall I found the iPhone to be more zippy in general when loading random apps.

When I said the app selection was a negative on the Galaxy S, it has more to do with quality versus quantity. Also, since iPhone is the more popular brand, some companies are making apps only for the iPhone and not Android, and that can be a negative if there's something I like that I can't get on the Galaxy S phones.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure I read that Rogers will not support the phone if you've flashed the ROM and installed a different Android OS then what they offer. I'd rather not blow the warranty right away.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote