View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #50
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
yep free iphone app, have to set and account on the receiver first. it is kick ass though, easier to search programs than on the receiver too as you have the keyboard with your phone as opposed the using the remote on your tv!

have had optik since July 3 and love it! The pip guide is awesome too!
The iPhone app is the best thing since sliced bread. Instant access to the guide and recording/deleting options on your PVR. The one thing I wished it had was push notifications for shows about to start. I sometimes get busy around the house and I lose track of the time. A push notification a few minutes before the Stamps or Flames game starts would be awesome.

One more major feature that would put Optik TV aver the top would be PC access. Since the platform is based off of Microsoft Windows Media Center I would think it would be a trivial thing to allow Media Center on the PC to act as another terminal. If they can make the Xbox a terminal then they should make the PC a terminal as well. Being able to watch shows on your iPhone/iPad would be another awesome feature, however I think that idea would be far more difficult to implement than PC access.
Roast Beef is offline   Reply With Quote