View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #43
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So after trying to call Shaw again and not having any success getting through to someone I decided to go ahead and make the switch.

I have no issues with Shaw whatsoever but the Telus PVR seems so much better, I can use the free XBOX as a digital box for one of my TV's, record shows from my phone or computer, record 3 shows at once, and now have way more space on the hard drive.

From what I've read about Optik internet is that if the phone box is not too far from your home you get better results. The green box that the technicians service every now and then is right on my front lawn.

I will have internet, TV and phone through Telus. Phone is $43 a month w/ 200 LD minutes. Internet is $37 a month for 2 years with the free XBOX 360 elite. TV is $94 a month, I chose the top tier package where you get main channels plus 9 them packs, and I got the extra entertainment which inlcudes HBO and Movie central.

I am currently paying about $200-$210 a month for Telus phone and Shaw TV and internet.

These prices don't factor in the discount I will get for the first 3 months.

Setup is scheduled for October 2nd so I will report back to see how Optik TV compares to Shaw. Have had the Shaw HD PVR for about 5 years now so it will take some getting use to.

Last edited by 8sPOT; 09-16-2010 at 06:35 PM.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post: