View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #41
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khel View Post
Thus far it appears most are impressed with Telus Optik... been having an on going discussion with my girlfriend regarding getting Shaw or Optik in my new house...

I have 1 TV, an Xbox, and play Starcraft... I watch sports, don't download torrents...

Since she also surfs CP, is Telus Optik a reasonable choice over Shaw or not?
If you are comfortable with a contract so you can get the discount pricing, then it is most certainly a good option. The product isn't nearly as bad as it was 2 + years ago. The quality of service drops as you have more feeds running. Like recording 2 programs in HD while watching a 3rd can lose you a solid 9 MBs on your internet speed. That is a pretty big chunk out of 15MBs if you ask me, especially if you game online. That means during those times (evenings) you would have 6 MBs down, compared to 15 on Shaw.

What I would do, is call Telus and figure out what you get as a bundle price on a 3yr contract for the services that you need. Then call Shaw and tell them if they match it you won't go over to Telus.

Last edited by Rathji; 09-16-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Rathji is offline   Reply With Quote