View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
I get there but the thing never stops "Identifying". When I was at my dads house I had the same problem (wireless but no wired) and it said it had problems with the DNS (it stopped identifying and I could diagnose).

On XP it is easy, I go to Network connections and I see them, I don't get why it can't be this easy on Vista. Is there an option to see the 3 connections, wireless, wired and the other?
From the "View Status" link in the Network and Sharing Centre, you should be able to pull up more detail about that particular connection, as well as the properties so you can change your settings a bit. You probably don't need IPv6 enabled, and I also have disabled the two "Link-Layer" options. I recall having networking issues with Vista in the early days, but I can't remember how they were resolved.

Also from with the Network and Sharing Centre, on the left there is a link to "Manage Network Connections" where you can see your LAN, wifi, etc. listed. From there you can fiddle a bit.

Another thing to try might be to go into the Device Manager and remove any trace of your LAN adapter, then reboot and it should detect it and install the drivers. Speaking of drivers, maybe they need to be updated.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote