Thread: Telus TV?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #46
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Mediaroom service is light years ahead of the older boxes. Like puckluck my old boxes would freeze up for about 5 minutes at a time 1 or 2 times a day. The channel you were on or the recording you were watching would continue to play but any commands input would not be registered. When the box unfroze all the commands you entered while the box was frozen would then be carried out in order. The Mediaroom boxes eliminate that problem entirely. The boxes are also much quicker now in the menus and channel changing is instant. The entire layout and functionality is very similar to the Vista and Win7 versions of Windows Media Center. The PVR anywhere feature is the best thing since sliced bread and I can't see myself ever going to a provider that lacks that feature. Literally every issue I ever had with Telus TV has been solved with the new service. The biggest downside is internet speed. Telus is never going to be as fast as Shaw plain and simple. The TV does take away from the bandwidth. If all TV's are off I can get 16-17 megabits/second. If all services are in use 2HD streams 1SD stream then I get between 4 and 5 megabits/second. Overall I am quite happy with the service but for those of you who do have the older Telus TV service I certainly understand your frustrations.
Roast Beef is offline   Reply With Quote