Thread: Telus TV?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #43
thinkaboutit
Draft Pick

Default Be careful with telus TV

I've had Telus TV for one year now. The only thing I like is the variety of stations. The price is low enough to have brought me over from Shaw. The poor network service is what will probably have me go back to Shaw.

The system freezes - frequently - and yes, daily. The system will not let you change back to the original or different channel. So, that means if you want to be watching more than one game, you can expect to miss the last play of a game, or an important play, if you merely change channels.

Their solution? Reboot the TV which takes 10 minutes, or longer.
If you want this low priced TV option, then think about what it would feel like to have to do this once a day, sometimes less, and sometimes more. But guaranteed, you will frequently be unable to change the channel back. This has been a problem for over 4 years.

(I've heard that Shaw digital also freezes up. So, I'm not sure what the gurus/execs are doing in this industry. Sounds like products are being launched too quickly by everyone. I'm sure the techies care about delivering quality, but I wonder about the execs.) Maybe I'll have to return to basic cable service - like what has been offered for the last 40 years - just so that my expectations are met.)

Final note, I have this packaged with Wireless internet. (They couldn't provide a DSL line since they would have had to pull up too much carpet during installation - and I now have six boxes with 6 plug ins to run wireless internet to one computer and cable to ONLY one TV. I wonder if they also own the power company). I only get the functionality of Lite DSL. If the TV is on, and I'm using the internet in my office at the same time, the speed slows down further. Ah, its like running a 386 in 1993. Just when we thought it should get better....

I have one year left on a contract, so I'm waiting to see if they can improve this - while I wait for the channel to change.

Remember, you get what you pay for. I wonder if the dollar store will be selling the same service in the near future?.....
thinkaboutit is offline   Reply With Quote