View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #50
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

For me, these are my big issues.

Airport Tunnel. Come guys, we had this planned for decade. Don't jip the NE, which already gets a bad rap, by messing around with key expressways to ensure good connectivity to the airport from all sides. When the runway and new terminal is open, Airport Trail should be from Deerfoot to Stoney Trail as well.

Calgary Transit - 8th Ave Tunnel & SE LRT. Frankly, it seems we're playing major catchup with the LRT system due to lack of progression during the 90s. As a result, downtown is quite congested during peak hours with the lack of 4 car trains and both lines having to share one line in downtown. The Stephen Avenue Tunnel needs to get down asap along with 4 car train expansion getting done so this can be resolved. Right after, the SE should be getting the LRT so most areas of the city are served by a region specific line.

While on the transit topic. How about improving the system fare wise? Why can't it be more electronic? This is 2010. We should be able to have cards now that can add fare credits so then people don't have to dig for change, or always get monthly passes. And why the hell can't the ticket machines give change? Heck, why can't they shoot out month passes right there?

Make the system more modern and convenient.

I really only have two concerns. For a third, I'm curious to see if there is some timeframe to address the lacking of a proper E-W expressway/freeway in the northen area of the city. The south have Glenmore, but the north doesn't really have a expressway. 16th ave defiatnly isn't getting the job done with it being a urban cordoir between Crowchild and Deerfoot. McKnight/John Laurie is a bit better, but still too much of just being a major road. In the future, with expansions to the north and east of the city, it's going to be necessary.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote