View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #79
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
I think most people seem to have a problem with me not paying for a fence that I didn't agree to having in the first place. It might be easy for some people to say just go pay for it but I would like to find out if they were in the same situation would they bend over, like the claim they would, and just pay whatever the neighbour wanted. Probably not. I guess we'll never know.

The bylaw officer did call me back just now. He said that he gave them notice to move both the truck and the giant snow plow blade. They didn't and claimed they were having problems finding a tow truck (oddly enough). He served them notice again today and said if they didn't move it by next week then he'll move both things himself. I guess I was interpreting the bylaw correctly.
Reading everything in the thread, I concluded that:

1) your neighbour is one of the dirt people
2) you must have little experience living among humans

You don't have to pay for half the fence, and I completely understand your POV, but in the long run it's much better to pay some token amount ($250-500), assuming it's a good fence - after all you have a fence, and it's always wise to have at least a decent relationship with the people who live next to you. Your neighbour no doubt knows who the source of the by-law notice is - now you have to watch out for kipperfan's methods being applied to you. Who wants to live like that?

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post: