View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #31
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ditch View Post
Well I love Apple and own a lot of Apple products, but it is not like they haven't made failed products before. Pippin, Macintosh TV, Newton, I hear some people argue against Apple TV though I like it. I don't know how successful the macbook air has been, another product that people can be hot and cold on.
I'd say the only two items that are relevant to the current timeframe are the Apple TV and the Air. The Apple TV gets a bad rap in the states because there are so many other options to get streaming media (I'm thinking Roku). In canada however the Apple TV is a whole different ball game as it just isn't as easy to get digital content onto your tv. I know 4 people with them and everybody is in love with theirs. Sure it's locked up as all Mac products are, but there's always ways around that (cough).

The Air I don't know much about. I guess it serves a smaller demographic than the other Apple products (my guess is that market it people who travel a lot, don't need too much power and have a nice bankroll). The Air is cool, but in my eyes it is the worst apple product in many years.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote