Thread: Vote Locke
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #30
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Secondly, there should be an additional feature, 'The Bitchslap.' Veteran posters should be allowed to 'bitchslap' any poster in their first 3 months of membership, its a minor feature, but it would then ban that poster from the boards for about 40 minutes. I think that would smarten people up.
OK here is where I need some clarification what exactly to you constitutes a "veteran poster"? Because to me the only veteran posters around are the ones who where around in 2001 when the board started. Post count to me really doesn't make you veteran, take a guy like scottie for example, he doesn't even have 1500 posts be is easily the most veteran guy around.

I wouldn't consider a single person in this thread a veteran at all. In fact Locke I group you with that new posters group, Phaneithuer explained it once awhile back and caught some flack for it but I agree with him. There is the 2001-2003 guys, a lot of them are gone now but those who are still around I can identify individually and they are great posters for the most part. Than there's is the 2nd wave 2004 guys some where good, some where bad but I've been around long enough to know most of them individually as well. Than there is the post 2004 crowd who to me is just one big voice and for the most part are not the best posters and unfortunately have driven a lot of the early guys out, I'm not saying everyone post 2004 is like that, there are some great post 2004 posters Jay Random comes to mind.

Last edited by J pold; 07-24-2009 at 11:47 AM.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote