View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #54
MJM
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipersfan View Post
It kind of makes me crazy to read all this when a lot of the suggestions you are all making are being implemented. They started having a twoonie tuesday (cheap popcorn or ice cream - I think it will change week to week) this week, there are some special days being announced (bring your dog) but I agree these things need to be up on the website. Have any of you ever thought to fire off an email with your constructive criticism(s) to Daryl Einarson (marketing) or the new president John Conrad? Those are the guys making the decisions, it isnt PY.
I think if people talked about the positives as well as the negatives it might be more of an incentive for other people to check out a game but that is just me.
I actually talked to one of the Vipers management walking around at the game I was at and told them I had fully intended to buy season tickets or a couple flex passes prior to seeing the increases in price for concessions. Told them it didn't seem like a very smart idea to be having large price increases when 80% of the stadium was empty. I said all it did was alienate the small fanbase they have and would cause potential new fans to baulk at going when their concessions rival that of the Flames.

They didn't give two craps about my comments.

It's hurting them though whether they want to believe it or not. They lost about $400 bucks in guaranteed ticket revenue from me (not counting the food and beer I would buy). I'll still go to a game or two, but nothing like I would have. In respect to new fans, I generally would round up a bunch of guys from work from time to time to come to a Friday game. These are the type of guys you want as fans too (each guy would likely spend about $80-100 bucks per game with the inclusion of tickets, beer, and food), and I've managed to turn a few into regular fans . Last Friday I tried and I was asked if the beer was still $4.00 bucks and the food reasonably priced, to which I had to honestly answer that beer was like $6.00 bucks
and the concessions were similar prices to the Flames. They laughed and said we'll just go to a patio on 17th instead than.

I also walked out of the game with a family of 5 who heard me bitching about the price of beer and food to my fiancee, and they said to me they wouldn't be back with concessions at those prices. Said they went to quite a few games the previous year on the weekends, but wouldn't be this year.
MJM is offline   Reply With Quote