Thread: Greg Nemisz
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #35
Imported_Aussie
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by North East Goon View Post
From my limited viewings of each kid I just havent been impressed. Nemisz's foot speed concerns me as does Wahl's toughness. I hope I am wrong though.
Nemisz can work on his skating, and if his skating is at least NHL calibre he will be a could Knuble-style player. He may not be as effective if he isnt as quick/agile as other forwards, but as a power forward, his game will be more about using his size effectively. If he turns into that third guy on the top line/guy with soft hands and a big body near the net who scores dirty goals, that will be a good result

Wahl lacking toughness is a concern, but this is something that can improve as he matures into his body, puts on some muscle, and starts to play against bigger bodies in the AHL before reaching the NHL.

We are talking about fixable issues. You dont get can't miss guys with picks that low, everyone at that point as at least 1 question mark, otherwise they would go earlier. These guys may not progress like everyone hopes, but at least they are guys who can grow/be coached into NHL roles, not headcases
Imported_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote