View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #37
Nuje
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm a huge fan960 guy. I'm a hockey and soccer guy who also likes the NFL and CFL (watching it more, but it's cool to hear about the players I watch, even though I don't care near as much) a Roughnecks season ticket holder...I hate baseball, and don't watch basketball (but I have much more respect for that than I do baseball). I however, don't care to hear about Sean Avery. They've got me on a "I'll tune in when my brother (who I work with) tells me there's something exciting going on" basis at the moment, until that blows over. Even Jim Rome was talking about it (although I listened to what Don Cherry had to say on the matter)
The distaste for hearing about Sean Avery stories (he needs help....no he doesn't. He is an . It was a scripted shot he wanted everyone to hear. His mental problem is, he's an arse. No psycholoist required like Hull said, just expulsion from our league!) Been all over 660 and 770 the last few days due to the situation going on in our parliament, and the Sean Avery talk.

As far as music radio in Calgary, there really isn't a whole lot it has to offer. When I forget my MP3 player on a non-fan960 time of day (can't listen to too much NFL and such, even though I enjoy watching, don't care to know too much) I do the ol switch from:

Q107
CJ92
Fuel 90.3
X92.9
(a space to emphasize that the bottom 2 I stop on much less often than the top 4)
Vibe 98.5
Country 105

88% of the time or so, I can usually find a song I won't mind listening to on those. But the other 12% of the time, they all fail me simultaneously. Q107 can play AC/DC, Cjay will be playing some Killers, Fuel will have something lame usually, and X will be playing Fall Out Boy, who, in my opinion, has the worst fans:musical talent ratio in the businessThey are awful. The Vibe will play the usual junk, and Country will be playing the large percentage of the country I don't like.