View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #15
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
i about to start playing WOW for the first time .... all this lingo is quite intimidating... any tips for you guys ??
Yeah, it is. That was one of the hardest things. People looking for groups for VC, and I was wondering what the heck is VC, I need to go into the Deadmines. (VC = Van Cleef, the final boss of deadmines)

The best thing would be if you had a friend or two who had characters (also called "toons") within a level or two of you and do quests with them. You can do it all on your own, but sometimes it can be more fun in a group.

Wowwiki is good, but when I was new it could sometimes be a bit overwhelming. I kind of like WowHead.com, but will look in a few different ones.

The biggest thing, have fun. Don't be afraid to die. Have fun. If you are on your own, try something different every once in a while. Use a stance/spell/totem you rarely use and see what happens. And most of all, have fun.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote