PDA

View Full Version : Dickenson heading to the Argos?

monty_
08-17-2004, 02:34 AM
Since Tommy Jones was injured in the game against Sask., it looks like Crandell has been taken off the trading block. The Argo's are still in search of a starting QB, so how about Dave Dickenson? BC is doing fine with Casey Printers, and why not shed some payroll by trading the highest paid player in the CFL?

Dickenson to Toronto? (http://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/columnist.jsp;jsessionid=IPDADPAPFPIM?content=2004 0816_175336_1024)

Scroll down for an interesting tidbit about the Calgary/Sask game from a few nights ago.

Saskatchewan head coach Danny Barrett, who was accused by Dunigan of running up the score near the end of the game, said several Stampeders were "out of control" and were hollering obscenities at the Riders' coaching staff most of the night.

A Saskatchewan source told me the Riders were planning to file an official complaint about the Stamps to CFL headquarters.

Trojan97
08-17-2004, 06:03 AM
Yeah Danny and Kenton Keith wasn't showboating in front of the Calgary bench but then again we all know two wrongs make a right...... What a goddamn joke.

oilboy2
08-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Really something that would be expected from that snake Barrett since he is always so innocent. There is not a franchise in this league that p*sses me off more than classless saskatchewan.

CaptainCrunch
08-17-2004, 09:06 AM
The thing that p*sses me off about the CFL is that they've never decided that they're a pro league and the Rider's are a big symptom of that.

First they have a GM that dresses like a whino on the sidelines and shoots off his mouth about only hiring black coaches and only really wanting black players.

you have a defensive lineman that simulates urinating on a players head last year, trash talks on a national broadcast, takes late shots on QB's

you have another defensive lineman last year calling his opponents fat and sassy pigs on the sidelines

I'm all for celebrations, but what the Rider's do and did with taunting was beyond ######ed

You have Kenton Keith spitting in a players face

You have Rider's taking off thier helmets after interceptions, and not getting flagged for it

You have a coach who refuses to meet his opponent at midfield for the traditional postgame handshake after he runs up the score

The CFL has to come down on both teams, Calgary for being out of control, The Rider's for a history of bad behavior

The CFL is always going to be perceived as sandlot football until crap like that is fixed.