PDA

View Full Version : Sons of Anarchy

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hemi-Cuda
05-24-2010, 05:13 PM
what a badass show. 8 episodes into season 1 and it's quickly turning into one of my favorites, the final encounter with ATF stalker guy was epic

i love finding awesome shows that have run for a few seasons, knowing i have 5 more episodes of the first and the whole 2nd season to look forward to is great

Tiger
05-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Second season is extreme good as well

Hemi-Cuda
05-24-2010, 05:38 PM
and the soundtrack for this show is killer. Clutch, Black Keys, Fu Manchu, Five Horse Johnson, i love hearing that stuff come out of a radio in the auto-shop

holden
05-24-2010, 05:53 PM
I watched the first 7-8 episodes hoping it would get past the cheesy plots and some bad dialogue, but it never did. Despite having some quality actors I couldn't get into this show.

Does it get better in the second season?

To Be Quite Honest
05-24-2010, 06:02 PM
You know, at first I thought that "If this show wanted to be so huge and the club so big (for freaking years as they are gun running for over 20 years) why isn't the issue BIGGER than it is." I still believe they started small but know I know it's smart. Always start small. This show will be freaking huge. The issues will be huge. At first I wasn't that big into it, but now I freaking love it. I see where it's going and I can't wait for season three.

Anyone interested in the main character Charlie Hunnam (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0402271/)?
He is from undeclared.

To Be Quite Honest
05-24-2010, 06:06 PM
I watched the first 7-8 episodes hoping it would get past the cheesy plots and some bad dialogue, but it never did. Despite having some quality actors I couldn't get into this show.

Yes, the dialogue does not change but it is a biker club. You want warrior poets you'll need to watch something else. It is perdictable for much of it but the twists are good, and well executed. Much like "No Suzy, don't go in that closet!" to "Oh no Suzy, we know what's going to happen to you but we can't close our eye's!"

This show grew on me a lot in the second season.

ResAlien
05-24-2010, 06:41 PM

IMO the second season was infinitely better than the first. Really good. I almost gave up on the show after the first season, now I'm totally hooked.

Hemi-Cuda
06-13-2010, 05:00 PM
just finished the second season, man that was a pretty brutal way to end it. no idea what's gonna happen for season 3, anyone know when it's supposed to start up? all i really want to see for sure is that ATF bitch dying, she definitely deserves some "retribution"

oh and i have to say i'm a huge Henry Rollins fan, but man i've never seen him play such a creepy character before. it's a little off putting when you've seen his spoken word performance and know how nice and genuine the guy is in real life

PIMking
06-13-2010, 06:19 PM
I dont know when it starts again but its an awesome series.

Acey
06-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Right up there with Breaking Bad as one of the best on TV.

Lionel Steel
05-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Figured I'd bump this thread.

I'm only four episodes into the first season and I'm loving it. I rank it up there with TV dramas Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

Highly recommend checking it out.

VANFLAMESFAN
05-24-2011, 03:51 PM
I went thru all 3 seasons between Jan and March. I like the show, I definitely don't love it and would never mention it in the same sentence as Mad Men and Breaking Bad. But that's just me, I know there's a huge following.

It's just a bit far fetched for my liking. I find the ATF characters really unbelievable and kinda brings the show down for me.

DropIt
05-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Funny. I just started the second season this afternoon. Loved the first season and cant wait for the second one to get going.

Boblobla
05-24-2011, 04:09 PM
I love the show. The latest season had an awesome ending.

nik-
05-24-2011, 04:14 PM
I liked season 1, but for me it went downhill after that. Season 3 was pretty bad, the acting isn't stellar but more so for me it's the "they're bad guys ... but not 'really' " that got really tiring after a while. It's like the creators are afraid to really make these guys into outlaws.

I probably won't bother with Season 4.

fundmark19
05-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Loved the show plan on re watching all first seasons before season 4 starts!

Sainters7
05-25-2011, 10:30 AM
I find it funny that this thread was bumped exactly one year later to the day of the OP. That's all I got...

BlackEleven
05-25-2011, 11:25 AM
I liked season 1 and really liked 2, but I thought 3 was kind of weak.

I'm hoping they come back with a better 4th season.

Hockey
05-25-2011, 02:45 PM
The last 20 minutes of the season 3 finale makes it worth watching.

3 Justin 3
05-25-2011, 08:54 PM
The last 20 minutes of the season 3 finale makes it worth watching.

Agreed. One of the best ways to end a season of any show. If they can do a season finale as good as season 3's, the series finale is going to be crazy awesome.

Guest1
05-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Danny Trejo is supposed to be in Season 4. He's an ultimate bad guy!

kipperfan
06-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Just started watching this show a few days ago, and I'm already through 2+ seasons! I think it's great, one of my new favourite shows, I'd put it up there with Breaking Bad (though slightly below with regards to overall quality) as the two best drama's currently on television (though if Game of Thrones continues to be as good as it has been, could be a three way race before long).

Yasa
06-01-2011, 10:40 AM
I finished season 3 a few days ago.

Man I hate Stahl. I don't know if the actress was bad, or maybe too good but I couldn't stand her. The sharp inhales between everything she said, the constant need to be sarcastic, her terribly annoying blank stares and half-opened mouth. Every single thing about her annoyed me. She seemed 10x cheesier than any other character in that show. I was glad when they glazed the windshield with her brains.

Opie is by far the best.

jhunt223
07-20-2011, 11:08 PM
I've just finished the 5th episode of season 1 and am having a hard time deciding if i want to invest any more time into this garbage. Does all the unnecessary dramatic crap stop eventually, or does the mother of the main character stick around for good?

Yasa
07-20-2011, 11:19 PM
I've just finished the 5th episode of season 1 and am having a hard time deciding if i want to invest any more time into this garbage. Does all the unnecessary dramatic crap stop eventually, or does the mother of the main character stick around for good? I should have known better to watch anything with FX's name on it.

It took me a good year to finish the first season. I hated it, but it does get better. There is one character (Stahl) that I hate, but it does improve and is worth watching.

3 Justin 3
07-21-2011, 12:06 AM
I've just finished the 5th episode of season 1 and am having a hard time deciding if i want to invest any more time into this garbage. Does all the unnecessary dramatic crap stop eventually, or does the mother of the main character stick around for good? I should have known better than to watch anything with FX's name on it.

Seriously? FX has some of the best TV shows on television. Outside HBO and AMC, FX has by far the best line-up.

jhunt223
07-21-2011, 12:30 AM
Seriously? FX has some of the best TV shows on television. Outside HBO and AMC, FX has by far the best line-up.

Yeah you're right. I was thinking about showtime, though from what I've seen from FX (The Shield, SOA) I'm not a fan of it either. I'm going to give SOA atleast a season though since biker gangs are so bad ass.

3 Justin 3
07-21-2011, 02:31 AM
Yeah you're right. I was thinking about showtime, though from what I've seen from FX (The Shield, SOA) I'm not a fan of it either. I'm going to give SOA atleast a season though since biker gangs are so bad ass.

FX also has Justified, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Louie.

VANFLAMESFAN
07-21-2011, 07:11 AM

You didn't like the Shield?? I've honestly haven't run into someone who at least didn't like it a little bit. The Shield was unreal TV.

Nufy
07-21-2011, 08:26 AM
I have all three seasons on my home PC...

I may have to do a marathon session again to watch all again...

jhunt223
07-21-2011, 09:25 PM
You didn't like the Shield?? I've honestly haven't run into someone who at least didn't like it a little bit. The Shield was unreal TV.

I tried watching it after I had just finished The Wire for the first time and it was like switching from drinking champagne to drinking toilet wine. With The Wire it was easy to forget you were watching television and with The Shield it was hard to forget that you were. The one taxi scene in the first season of Louis was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while though, so I'll probably give all these FX shows another try this summer with a more open mind.

3 Justin 3
07-21-2011, 11:15 PM
I tried watching it after I had just finished The Wire for the first time and it was like switching from drinking champagne to drinking toilet wine. With The Wire it was easy to forget you were watching television and with The Shield it was hard to forget that you were. The one taxi scene in the first season of Louis was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while though, so I'll probably give all these FX shows another try this summer with a more open mind.

You should check out Justified with Timothy Olyphant. He makes that show awesome and he is in almost every scene.

Boblobla
07-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Justified is awesome as well. I really wish we had FX in Canada, it sucks to have to wait for these shows to air.

Boblobla
10-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Anyone watching this season? It is great so far. I like the new cast additions. Dany Trijo (sp?) is awesome.

Guest1
10-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Yes! Haven't watched last night's episode yet. Still trying to get used to Jax's short hair.
Did you know "Chucky" (the masturbator) is an accomplished artist in real life? And that Scott Glenn was supposed to play "Clay"?

Methanolic
11-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Did you know Kurt Sutter, the writer of SOA also was a writer for "The Sheild"and Kurt also plays the role of Otto and is married to Katey (Gemma) Segal?

I love the show! I got my hands on season one a few years ago and just recently decided to give it a try. watched the whole damn series from start to season 4 ep 9 in a few weeks. Only 4 episodes left this year, withdrawl coming soon!

VANFLAMESFAN
11-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Kurt also played Margos, that crazy Armenian with the foot fetish in the Shield.

Guest1
11-05-2011, 01:08 PM
The guy with no fingers is an accomplished artist and the guy in prison with the voice box is the guy that started the Hells Angels.

Violator
11-05-2011, 02:08 PM
mmmmmm head chilli

simmonjam1
11-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Happy (David LaBrava) is a member of the Hells Angels as well.

3 Justin 3
11-06-2011, 01:47 AM
Happy (David LaBrava) is a member of the Hells Angels as well.

That doesn't surprise me, the guy just seems crazy.

Also, I'm liking this season a lot more than last season. I'm not sure how many seasons Sutter said there'd be (I think 6 or 7), but it seems that next season is going to be a Clay vs Jax season again. Just not sure how they can stretch it out for another 2+ seasons.

VANFLAMESFAN
11-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I love all the Shield connections to Sons of Anarchy.

On FX
Kurt Sutter is the show runner/actor, he was a writer/actor on the Shield
Jay Karnes(Dutch) was the ATF agent who was obsessed with Tara in Season 1 who Jax killed
Kenny Johnson(Lem) is the character who rivaled with Tig. On the show from time to time still
David Rees Snell(Ronnie) is one of the agents always in the room with the new Sheriff and this new creepy agent
Benito Martinez(Aceveda) is one of the head gangsters the SAMCRO is dealing with
Katy Segal played Gilroy's wife in the Shield
The mayor of Charming is played by the guy who played a boss who slept with his underage female employee in the Shield.
The masturbator guy played a homeless whackjob in an episode of the Shield

Am I missing any?

VANFLAMESFAN
11-17-2011, 03:13 AM
This has probably been my favorite season to date. Some pretty intense scenes and I love the moments where a big secret is told, like the final scene in this week's episode.

Can't wait to watch Opie rip it up.

The question of the season remains, does Clay survive? I'm really struggling to come up with a reasonable answer. On one hand, you have to think no, because he is a main character and they're not ending the show after four seasons, so you'd think they want him back. But on the other hand, they have put his character so deep into it, seeing him survive this mess would border on ridiculous. Clay has done so much to so many people, I have a hard time seeing him come back for Season 5.

3 Justin 3
11-17-2011, 03:35 AM
I was just going to come here and post, just finished the episode. Outside the series finales this is by far my favorite episode. Good action, good character scenes, the ending.

This season has been way better than the previous 3. The next 3 episodes are going to be intense, to say the least.

VANFLAMESFAN
11-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Wow, that was one hell of an ending. Can't believe it went down like that.

I honestly don't know how the hell they're going to write another season after this one. Obviously, with 2 episodes left, a lot can change, but it just seems there's so much going on, on the verge a big finale.

Pretty excited for this 2 part season finale, starting next week.

Boblobla
11-24-2011, 07:39 AM
That was an AWESOME episode last night. I love this show.

mac_82
11-30-2011, 09:31 AM
I was surprised Clay actually got shot. Since he was warned I thought the writers would take the easy way out and have him wearing a bullet proof vest. And Tara is starting to become as evil and manipulative as Gemma. I wonder if Jax is gonna get pinched in the IRA sting before he can take care of Clay. Should be a great finale next week!

To Be Quite Honest
11-30-2011, 12:39 PM
I was surprised Clay actually got shot. Since he was warned I thought the writers would take the easy way out and have him wearing a bullet proof vest. And Tara is starting to become as evil and manipulative as Gemma. I wonder if Jax is gonna get pinched in the IRA sting before he can take care of Clay. Should be a great finale next week!

That's what I think happens, and that is how Clay survives the onslaught. The Club will be split in two and the turmoil Tigg caused with the Sixers will force them to join up again and the fences will be mended in brotherly love.

VANFLAMESFAN
12-02-2011, 02:07 PM
It looks so stacked against Clay, that I think he will survive this finale.

Canuck-Hater
12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
It looks so stacked against Clay, that I think he will survive this finale.

I will be very disappointed if Clay is left alive. Hope this isnt the case, Im thinking something will happen at the exchange, and it will end in jail.

Boblobla
12-05-2011, 07:21 AM
There is so much stuff to wrap up in the last episode...

I have concerns about Tara, I can't see how she lives and Jax is still in the series.

Nufy
12-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Season 5 will be Tara / Jax vs Gemma for control of the Club

3 Justin 3
12-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Not sure what everyone else thought, but I thought the 2 part season finale was really good. Not as good as season 3's which was one of the best episodes in television history (imo), but I like the direction they're going. Could be 2-3 more seasons now, which if I remember correctly Sutter planned for 6 (or maybe 7).

Clay will die, just a matter of time. The club is running low on members, this season really took a toll on the club.

I should also mention that I'm glad they are going this way (possibility for 2-3 more seasons) as I thought this season was by far the best, and by a large margin.

VANFLAMESFAN
12-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Yep, Season 4 was definitely my favorite season as well. Just very intense, moreso than previous.

I thought the second part of the season finale started out great, but lacked a big punch at the end. Maybe I was expecting something huge. I mean, it was a great way to end, but I think I was expecting more of a shock value kind of ending. But the shot of Tara and Jax at the end going into the picture was very cool.

I was kinda half in, half out for the first three seasons, I liked it, but didn't love, but after this season, Sons of Anarchy has definitely climbed my list of favorite current shows.

Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Walking Dead
Sons of Anarchy
Boardwalk Empire

Dexter, Hung, The Killing, Hell on Wheels are all get honorable mentions.

3 Justin 3
12-07-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm sort of glad there was no shock ending. Then I got to wait 9 months to get the conclusion, this way I get a conclusion right away.

I really liked the way they ended it with Jax as the President. Season 5 is going to be good, I think the writers have really hit their stride on what the show needs to be.

Hockey
12-08-2011, 10:06 AM
I also liked the season finale as it leaves things open for a couple more seasons at least. It's easy for people to say they didn't like it because they are expecting lots of bloodshed and there wasn't any. I mean there is still lots of questions to be answered heading into season 5.

Oh and I also thought that the season 3 finale was one of the best finales ever. I watched it so many times after. The song Hey hey my my by Battleme made the ending perfect.

aaronck
12-08-2011, 01:06 PM
For a doctor, Tara sure is not very smart.

How many warning signs do you have to have hit you right in the face before you change things up?

Sopure
09-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Season 5 starts on September 11th. Just a friendly heads up-- I've been counting down the days!

3 Justin 3
09-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Season 5 starts on September 11th. Just a friendly heads up-- I've been counting down the days!

I do love September. Can't wait for this season of SoA.

How the hell will Clay survive? That is the question this season.

HelloHockeyFans
09-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Maybe I should give this show another shot... I tried watching it once already and got halfway through Season 1 and didn't continue as I just didn't enjoy it all that much.

Flash Walken
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
HelloHockeyFans, if you saw the first few episodes of season 1, you've seen the whole show.

Actually, you probably saw the best episodes of the series.

Flash Walken
09-04-2012, 03:17 PM
My consumption of things that others have created is more refined than yours.

disagree strongly, dismissing all of your other opinions accordingly.

3 Justin 3
09-04-2012, 03:27 PM
HelloHockeyFans, if you saw the first few episodes of season 1, you've seen the whole show.

Actually, you probably saw the best episodes of the series.

Best episodes of the series? The Season 3 finale is some of the best television ever produced, let alone in the past couple years.

Also, season 4 is way better than all of season 1-3.

nik-
09-04-2012, 03:37 PM
The Season 3 finale is some of the best television ever produced, let alone in the past couple years.

You obviously watch very little television.

Hockey
09-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Some people obviously have different opinions about different shows, but SOA for me is right at or at the top of the list of best shows on TV for me.

Eastern Girl
09-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I greatly enjoy Sons of Anarchy, but it is not without its issues. There is some atrocious acting/dialogue, and there have been some fairly major plot points that were difficult to swallow. And don't even get me started on Opie's hair. How many ways can a man wear his ponytail?
So, I personally wouldn't say it's one of the best shows on TV, if I am looking at it critically.

Having said that, I do find that it's incredibly entertaining escapism though. I think one thing they've managed to do with the show is be incredibly dark, while keeping a lot of humour in it. Serving chili to cops that was simmered with a severed head in it? Yes. I want to see that. That is something I want to see.

And the characters are quite well rounded for the most part, the main ones anyways, not the ones they bring in to be killed after an episode or two. Happy and Tig must never die.

I am really looking forward to the new season, now that they've shaken up the club's dynamics. I read that Ashley Tisdale is in the new season. I feel like that doesn't fit. She better not break into song.

Sr. Mints
09-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I;ve only watched seasons 1-3, and saw S4 at the store today, but $50 seemed too steep.

Hope it shows up on Netflix soon.

3 Justin 3
09-04-2012, 09:20 PM
You obviously watch very little television.

Quite the opposite, I just have taste when it comes to television.

3 Justin 3
09-04-2012, 09:22 PM
I greatly enjoy Sons of Anarchy, but it is not without its issues. There is some atrocious acting/dialogue, and there have been some fairly major plot points that were difficult to swallow. And don't even get me started on Opie's hair. How many ways can a man wear his ponytail?
So, I personally wouldn't say it's one of the best shows on TV, if I am looking at it critically.

Having said that, I do find that it's incredibly entertaining escapism though. I think one thing they've managed to do with the show is be incredibly dark, while keeping a lot of humour in it. Serving chili to cops that was simmered with a severed head in it? Yes. I want to see that. That is something I want to see.

And the characters are quite well rounded for the most part, the main ones anyways, not the ones they bring in to be killed after an episode or two. Happy and Tig must never die.

I am really looking forward to the new season, now that they've shaken up the club's dynamics. I read that Ashley Tisdale is in the new season. I feel like that doesn't fit. She better not break into song.

Look's like you're right.

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/people/i/2012/news/120709/ashley-tisdale-440.jpg

I find her extremely good looking, but this combination makes no sense.

Sopure
09-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Chuck Zito is going to be in the fifth season too.

CMPunk
09-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Apparently Ashley Tisdale is only in a couple episodes. She's playing a high end call girl

Yasa
09-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Maybe I should give this show another shot... I tried watching it once already and got halfway through Season 1 and didn't continue as I just didn't enjoy it all that much.

I hated it after watching season 1. None of the characters were likeable and the dialogue drove me nuts. That being said, I picked it up a year later and watched season 2. It improved 100% after that, and I really got into it.

I agree with Eastern Girl though. Critically, I suppose, it's not "the greatest" but it's highly entertaining.

Sopure
09-06-2012, 10:04 AM
I love the show, and I just watched the finale again last night in preparation for Season 5.

About my only complaint, and it's a small one, is that there just seems to be less and less bikes in the show. Maybe I'm out to lunch, but it seemed like they were always riding during the first season. I realize there's more drama now in the show, and that they have to explore all the plots and the 'face to face' stuff between the characters-- but that was what initially got my hooked.

Guest1
09-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Bump for premier night.

I think I needed to watch the finale from the last season as a refresher...There were a couple of things I was thinking "what just happened?" "Should I have seen that coming?"

Almost didn't see it because SOMEONE ordered HBO and not Superchannel.

Yasa
09-12-2012, 01:20 AM
There's a good recap to start. That was a pretty crazy episode.

Erick Estrada
09-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Chuck Zito is going to be in the fifth season too.

Ha ha. He was on Howard Stern a couple days ago talking about it. I have never watched the show before but I may have to catch an episode to see how Chuck fares.

Montana Moe
09-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Not sure how we're dealing with spoilers in this thread, so I'll hide it:

I'm pretty desensitized when it comes to getting emotional from TV shows, but I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud (Happy's comment to the Sheriff) and felt sick to my stomach (Tig/Pope scene) in the same episode. I had a hard time going to sleep after that scene.

Hockey
09-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Not sure how we're dealing with spoilers in this thread, so I'll hide it:

I'm pretty desensitized when it comes to getting emotional from TV shows, but I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud (Happy's comment to the Sheriff) and felt sick to my stomach (Tig/Pope scene) in the same episode. I had a hard time going to sleep after that scene.

watching the show last night with my wife and she was pretty much freaking out when they burned Tig's daughter alive. She was actually crying when it happened and said that is awful. I said that's why the show is good, because they do stuff like that.

BlackRedGold25
09-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Kick ass way to start the new season. Really established Pope as a badass even though I don't think the actor is right for the part. Hard to believe they could top the Gemma rape scene but they did.

Jimmy Smits wasn't actually that bad in his role. But he didn't have a chance to get all riled up which is when he gets annoying.

Khel
09-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Wow. That was quite the episode tonight. I'm in shock!

LGA
09-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Opie has to be the most tragic character to ever be on TV. Absolutely nothing went his way.

Pope has also made quite the impact so far this season. The man is pure evil, and a manipulative mastermind. I get the feeling that the end of this season will be absolutely epic.

BlackRedGold25
09-26-2012, 06:34 PM
I thought that Tig's daughter getting burned alive was the harshest scene ever on the show but Opie getting the bar to the back of the head was even harsher. That was a HARD freaking scene to watch.

The best thing about SOA is how well they set up the really key emotional scenes and how they are able to keep upping the ante.

Nufy
09-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Just watched Opie going out...

Wow, just wow....I can't wait to see what they do to the guard...

BlackRedGold25
09-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah. Sounds like Half-Sack went full on nuts.

Alberta_Beef
09-28-2012, 08:58 AM
I just started watching the show on the 20th (more 1am on the 21st) and have now watched every episode to date. I can't believe that last episode, seems like they enjoying killing off all my favorite characters

Sopure
09-28-2012, 09:13 AM
seems like they enjoying killing off all my favorite characters

I agree, they're killing off some of the good ones. Haven't been this rattled since Sopranos when they were killing off Adriana and Chris.

If they kill off Happy, I don't think I'd watch it anymore.

Alberta_Beef
09-28-2012, 03:43 PM
I agree, they're killing off some of the good ones. Haven't been this rattled since Sopranos when they were killing off Adriana and Chris.

If they kill off Happy, I don't think I'd watch it anymore.my favorite was half sack and I think they killed him way too soon, I thought he was the funniest character in the show. I haven't become attached to Happy, but if Tig goes I think I do too, he is by far the best actor in the show and the funniest character left.

However I really do like the addition of Harold Perrineau to the cast, he was one of my favorites in Oz and Lost, but I have a feeling his character will be short lived (because he is a regular in a new show on TBS that starts airing in November). I really hope I am wrong about that though.

I also hope Clay is dead soon, I can't look at him and not see hellboy

To Be Quite Honest
09-28-2012, 09:27 PM
I can't stop seeing Clay as a Russian military criminal in this zany production.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110857/

JonDuke
09-29-2012, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't cry if they killed off Chibs. This is easily one of my favorite shows of all time, but I still can't make out half of what he says and am tired of rewinding to catch it.

BlackRedGold25
09-29-2012, 04:10 PM
I find the show is more about the villains getting their justice as opposed to having a favourite character. Was there a better scene than that beeyotch FBI agent getting a bullet in her head?

PIMking
09-29-2012, 05:50 PM
I read somewhere that Oppie was wanting to leave the show in real life so they killed him off.

To Be Quite Honest
09-29-2012, 07:06 PM
I read somewhere that Oppie was wanting to leave the show in real life so they killed him off.

He did have quite the smile on his face in his last scene where his brains were splattered over the room. Some may think he was being reunited with his wife, but I think your on to something!

He doesn't really have anything coming up, but stranger things have happened. Like Carrie Fisher leaving when her stock was so high. Well being bi-polar has something to do with it but still!

To Be Quite Honest
09-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Opie was this guy from Remember the Titans.

Totally looks different with the beard.

http://static.moviefanatic.com/images/gallery/ryan-hurst.jpg

He's also in the adult series "Everwood".

JonDuke
09-29-2012, 09:54 PM
"Before they were Sons"

http://www.screenjunkies.com/tv/tv-lists/before-they-were-sons-of-anarchy-a-look-back-at-the-casts-early-roles/

swo2k1
09-30-2012, 10:51 PM
my favorite was half sack and I think they killed him way too soon,

Kurt Sutter has mentioned that Lewis wanted out of his contract which was why he was killed off.

Eastern Girl
10-01-2012, 05:21 PM
I still can't believe that he was killed off. I'm really disappointed. My two favourites now have been killed off. I am not sure which characters are left that I have any interest in.

I understand, from a character development perspective, there wasn't much else they could do with Opie. They'd already taken everything away from him. The only left would be Jax, really. He didn't really have much involvement in his kids lives, so I can't say he'd be all that devastated by their loss. It might have made for an interesting storyline, as he would have been the man with nothing left to lose. They did toy with that a little though already after Donna was killed.

Disappointing. I also would have liked his end to be a little more lasting. I know he was up against six guys in a small room, but he was a big honking man. Would have liked him to take a couple of them out prior. I only recall him hitting the one guy.

Alberta_Beef
10-02-2012, 12:44 AM
I still can't believe that he was killed off. I'm really disappointed. My two favourites now have been killed off. I am not sure which characters are left that I have any interest in.

I understand, from a character development perspective, there wasn't much else they could do with Opie. They'd already taken everything away from him. The only left would be Jax, really. He didn't really have much involvement in his kids lives, so I can't say he'd be all that devastated by their loss. It might have made for an interesting storyline, as he would have been the man with nothing left to lose. They did toy with that a little though already after Donna was killed.

Disappointing. I also would have liked his end to be a little more lasting. I know he was up against six guys in a small room, but he was a big honking man. Would have liked him to take a couple of them out prior. I only recall him hitting the one guy.I read somewhere that Kurt Sutter said that Opie's death will have the most significant impact on the show.

In Sutter we trust? :bag:

3 Justin 3
10-02-2012, 02:02 AM
Well that sucks, came in to this thread just to see "general news about the show" and now I find out Opie is dead (I still haven't watched this season).

Dammit.

BlackRedGold25
10-02-2012, 06:02 AM
Well that sucks, came in to this thread just to see "general news about the show" and now I find out Opie is dead (I still haven't watched this season).

Dammit.

You have no one to blame but yourself so suck it up, buttercup.

HalifaxDrunk
10-02-2012, 06:40 AM
Disappointing. I also would have liked his end to be a little more lasting. I know he was up against six guys in a small room, but he was a big honking man. Would have liked him to take a couple of them out prior. I only recall him hitting the one guy.

Yeah, I thought that too. I think he did crack a couple of them, but he shoulda put his back against a wall, letting himself be surrounded was pretty dumb. With a wall at his back I think they could have shown him take out a few before succumbing to the odds. Much more blaze of glory way to go out.

Alberta_Beef
10-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Yeah, I thought that too. I think he did crack a couple of them, but he shoulda put his back against a wall, letting himself be surrounded was pretty dumb. With a wall at his back I think they could have shown him take out a few before succumbing to the odds. Much more blaze of glory way to go out.looked to me like he did just enough to rile them up then just gave up. afterall this was essentially suicide

smoothpops
10-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Did anyone else notice that the show went back to playing overly cheesy music and doing montages for the last 5-10 mins of the show? they starting doing it midway through the 2nd season, stopped last week, and then went back to doing it this week. it drives me nuts!! great show otherwise

BlackRedGold25
10-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Gemma is such a bitch. She starts a fight with that chick with Nero, starts getting her ass kicked, Tara steps in and then Gemma sits back and watches Tara and the chick fight.

The wake for Opie was boring though. Good episode otherwise even though not much happened. Or at least not compared to the previous episodes this season.

Alberta_Beef
10-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Gemma is such a bitch. She starts a fight with that chick with Nero, starts getting her ass kicked, Tara steps in and then Gemma sits back and watches Tara and the chick fight.

The wake for Opie was boring though. Good episode otherwise even though not much happened. Or at least not compared to the previous episodes this season.the wake was meant to be boring, Sutter said he has zero plans to focus on funerals this season.

Hanni
10-04-2012, 08:05 AM

The wake for Opie was boring though. Good episode otherwise even though not much happened. Or at least not compared to the previous episodes this season.

I was actually hoping Tara was going to stand back and let her choke Gemma to death. I've had enough of Gemma, I'm ready for her to be killed off. It used to seem like her BS had a purpose, now it's like she just wants to watch the world burn.

Hockey
10-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Did anyone else notice that the show went back to playing overly cheesy music and doing montages for the last 5-10 mins of the show? they starting doing it midway through the 2nd season, stopped last week, and then went back to doing it this week. it drives me nuts!! great show otherwise

I actually enjoy the music montages sometimes.

This one was the best:

drv3xRR5FyA

HalifaxDrunk
10-05-2012, 06:56 AM
I kinda want Tara to get knocked off. She just bitches about everything. My hand, my poor hand. The hand is good enough to make a sandwich still.

Yeah, she had it slammed in a door and has had a cast forever and still bitches about it. Opie had his hand shot by Jax, tapes it up and never has issues with it again. He even punched the cop Eli with it no problem.

speede5
10-05-2012, 12:34 PM
I think a great push for Jax to become full on Sith lord would be for Pope to orcharstrate Gemma and Tara's demise in a drive by or something. I am sick of both of them and the bs drama they have going on.

Jax could always hook up with Opie's ex as a guilt thing and raise all their pups to be the next gen of SAMCRO.

3 Justin 3
10-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Sutter has 2 more seasons planned right?

Season 7 is just going to be Jax and Happy chilling around the table joking around.

speede5
10-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Renewed for season 6, not 7 yet. Sutter's plan is for Season 7 to be the final. According to the internet. lol

Hockey
10-10-2012, 06:34 PM
OMG! Walton Goggins!!!

KTrain
10-10-2012, 07:42 PM
That was some make-up job.

Easily the funniest episode of the entire series. After all the doom and gloom of every other episode in recent memory, this was really welcome.

You're warned:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2383490/CPPictures/sonsofanarchy.jpeg

VANFLAMESFAN
10-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Fans of the Shield will love her(his) name.

To Be Quite Honest
10-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Walton Goggins stole that whole episode. I laughed the whole time. I think this small role will vault him into many future roles. Hilarious!

PIMking
10-11-2012, 12:05 AM
That was disturbing to say the least. I was going to watch it when I went to bed on the DVR but I'm glad I didn't. I would of had night terrors with that.

devo22
10-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Renewed for season 6, not 7 yet. Sutter's plan is for Season 7 to be the final. According to the internet. lol
I have zero doubts that a 7th season will happen ... Sutter signed a three year deal with FX (http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/sons-of-anarchy-creator-kurt-sutter-inks-overall-deal-show-renewed-for-6th-season/), and the ratings are crazy for a cable-show: the first episode of the 5th season drew over 5 million viewers, which was the highest rating in the history of FX. The average of the 5th season is nearly 4.5 million viewers and the share in the 18-49 group has been sensational.

I only discovered this series a few weeks ago and have watched the whole series since then. Unbelievable show, I can't remember the last time I got that hooked to a series. The Opie thing was hard to watch though, he was my favourite character besides Chibs (I actually like the accent :whistle:). That episode was unbearable, knowing that one of the two had to die in prison (since Tig was protected and killing off Jax would have made zero sense).

PIMking
10-17-2012, 05:15 PM
somebody find a pipe...

KTrain
10-17-2012, 06:56 PM
It was a little weird seeing Joel McHale in this episode. Cool I guess but not really necessary. I like the actor but he doesn't fit the show so hopefully that's the last we see of him.

The ending was expected. I think this is the last season for Clay.

PIMking
10-17-2012, 07:04 PM
I knew clay had something to do with it. But now with Jax offing the prison guard and Pope knowing that it's going to set him up because the other nomads doing the home break ins

HalifaxDrunk
10-18-2012, 07:45 AM
It was a little weird seeing Joel McHale in this episode. Cool I guess but not really necessary. I like the actor but he doesn't fit the show so hopefully that's the last we see of him.

The ending was expected. I think this is the last season for Clay.

Joel is in two episodes, so 1 down 1 to go.

Yeah the Clay ending was nothing shocking, I wonder why they had Tig get scratched on the neck exactly the same as the home invasion. I guess they may have Eli Roosevelt notice it and go all crazy on Tig. However, the DNA evidence will clear him.

Hitman88
10-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Did anyone watch last night's episode? The ending was insane...

Montana Moe
10-24-2012, 10:22 AM
I did. I'm not sure what to think. Clay is trying hard to pin this thing on Pope. I'm thinking he hired the guys that shot up Jax and Chibs, or the other Nomad was the driver. Didn't necessarily look like a man his size, though.

I'm not liking all of these hurt/dead kids, I'm getting sensitive in my old age, I guess.

devo22
10-24-2012, 10:51 AM
fantastic episode again, a real nail-biter. Glad that Unser and Juice made it through this episode despite confronting Clay ... oh and the end was crazy. The third nomad is still out there and as Montana Moe said, I could easily see Clay hire these guys to attack Jax and Chibs. The car crash at the end was extremely tough to watch.

Seeing Joel McHale in these two episodes was weird. First I grinned when I saw him ... then I remembered that Community still isn't back and I got sad.

Hitman88
10-24-2012, 11:04 AM
I agree, that ending was tough to watch. Just when it looked like Gemma was getting better then that happens...

It seems strange to see Joel McHale on SOA... hopefully now that Animal Practice is cancelled Community can start up again.

VANFLAMESFAN
10-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Hurt or dead? I thought he was moving at the end.

devo22
10-24-2012, 12:25 PM
We'll see, it wasn't clear. Thomas seemed to be okay, Abel (and also Gemma) ... not so much.

Reanimate
10-24-2012, 06:29 PM
He wasn't moving. And there was blooding spilling out all over that stuffed animal.

Hockey
10-24-2012, 07:38 PM
They wouldn't have a child killed off on a show....Would they?

KTrain
10-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Even if the child is just hurt, it opens up the opportunity for Wendy to get the child back because they left him with someone "unfit" to care for him.

3 Justin 3
10-24-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't think Abel is dead, but he was bleeding pretty heavily at the end.

Tara is going to go berserk next episode.

Machiavelli
10-25-2012, 08:36 AM
I want to like Gemma's character, but it looks like she ruins every good thing she ever has.

miraisoup
10-26-2012, 06:24 AM
Like KTrain said I think there is going to be some custody issues now. Tara and Jax are going to snap.

devo22
10-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Seems like Sutter has included so many storylines that 40+ minutes per episode are not enough :D

Season 5 at the moment consists of 13 episodes. Last season they added an additional episode to give it a total of 14. This season they are extending the last few episodes. Kurt Sutter announced via his YouTube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0tMaprXPsU) that episode 9 will be 75 minutes while episodes 10, 11, 12 and 13 will be 90 minutes. With an extra half hour across four episodes, that’s like getting two extra episodes.

http://www.geekdip.com/television/soa-season-5-over-halfway-point-wrap-up/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=soa-season-5-over-halfway-point-wrap-up

Machiavelli
10-31-2012, 04:26 PM
That last episode seemed really rushed. I feel like the show was trying to accomplish too much and resolving too many issues in the same episode. For example, Gemma actually high, and not run off the road? Everyone knew the truth just over halfway into the episode. The black shooter wasn't part of Pope's crowd? Mystery solved pretty quickly. Just too much for one episode.

They could definitely stretch some of that stuff out a teeny bit.

Alberta_Beef
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Seems like Sutter has included so many storylines that 40+ minutes per episode are not enough :D

Season 5 at the moment consists of 13 episodes. Last season they added an additional episode to give it a total of 14. This season they are extending the last few episodes. Kurt Sutter announced via his YouTube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0tMaprXPsU) that episode 9 will be 75 minutes while episodes 10, 11, 12 and 13 will be 90 minutes. With an extra half hour across four episodes, that’s like getting two extra episodes.

http://www.geekdip.com/television/soa-season-5-over-halfway-point-wrap-up/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=soa-season-5-over-halfway-point-wrap-up
great news!

Nufy
11-01-2012, 02:15 PM
That last episode seemed really rushed. I feel like the show was trying to accomplish too much and resolving too many issues in the same episode. For example, Gemma actually high, and not run off the road? Everyone knew the truth just over halfway into the episode. The black shooter wasn't part of Pope's crowd? Mystery solved pretty quickly. Just too much for one episode.

They could definitely stretch some of that stuff out a teeny bit.

The last part with Jax and Genna was ....Wow.....imo...

I know you hate him...but for me....make him a king...

Roof-Daddy
11-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Anybody still watching this?

I see the writers have supplied an escape route for Clay this season, seeing as how his escape from death at the end of last season came out of nowhere, I'm thinking he's gonna be toast in next week's finale.

I sure hope so, but who knows.

Looks the brother of the nurse that Otto killed is going to wreak some havoc next week as well.

Excited......three big finale's next week starting with Boardwalk and TWD on Sunday, and then SOA on Tuesday!

1stLand
11-28-2012, 12:40 AM
This show is just awful.
I was hooked on the series after watching season 1, but then it just went downhill from there. I think I stopped watching after season 3.

I am hoping a Cable Network like HBO comes up with an authentic Biker drama series, and not one that plays out like a soap opera.

VANFLAMESFAN
12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Some decent moments, but i was left a little disappointed by tonight's finale.

Otto and the tongue was painful to watch and to think about.

Final 10-15 minutes lacked any kind of punch and the punch that did come in the last scene was pretty weak.

JonDuke
12-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Agreed.
The Otto scene was a trip.
Pope's was too predictable.
And I'm more disappointed with what didn't happen Clay than what did in the end.

3 Justin 3
12-05-2012, 12:48 AM
This show is just awful.
I was hooked on the series after watching season 1, but then it just went downhill from there. I think I stopped watching after season 3.

I am hoping a Cable Network like HBO comes up with an authentic Biker drama series, and not one that plays out like a soap opera.

That's a shame because Season 4 was the best.

Machiavelli
12-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Did anyone else think the prison investigator (or whatever he was) looked a lot like Obama? It's the ears.

speede5
12-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Finally caught up. Didn't like the last episode in it's entirety, Thought they could have done away with Pope way better, like how Tig wasn't in on it though. I was expecting him and some others to be in on it. He's actually one of the best actors on the show. I feel his pain in those scenes.

I did think they overdid it with the dog though, I mean these guys are so cold and calous toward human life and then this fight dog has him almost in tears? WTF? Probably the whole point.

Jax is getting really unlikable. Master puppeteer. Next season is going to be very interesting. Looks like they will keep Clay around til the end.

To_be_Quite_Honest
12-10-2012, 01:39 PM
I think the tyg/dog thing was a vehicle to gain sympathy for the viewer towards tyg, despite all the wrong doing he has done (killing Donna, when he thought it was opie in the truck, etc.) I had a feeling he wasn't going away when he got attached to the dog.

It reminds me of Sopranos too how Tony was sympethetic (panic attack after the ducks left the pool, the dead race horse) to animals but a sociopath to humans...

Guest1
12-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Disappointed.

I wasn't left saying "WHAT THE F@CK????!!!"

jhunt223
12-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Finally caught up. Didn't like the last episode in it's entirety, Thought they could have done away with Pope way better, like how Tig wasn't in on it though. I was expecting him and some others to be in on it. He's actually one of the best actors on the show. I feel his pain in those scenes.

I did think they overdid it with the dog though, I mean these guys are so cold and calous toward human life and then this fight dog has him almost in tears? WTF? Probably the whole point.

Jax is getting really unlikable. Master puppeteer. Next season is going to be very interesting. Looks like they will keep Clay around til the end.

"He's actually one of the best actors on the show. I feel his pain in those scenes. "

Hmm... When the bbq involving his daughter happened at the start of this past season I was blown away by how horrible his acting was. It really ruined that scene.

speede5
12-10-2012, 10:31 PM
haha, funny, I thought I was ok at spotting bad acting, Jax has some terrible lines and deliveries. Maybe I was just feeling the pain of the girl being burned alive. What a gut wrencher that was.

Fire
12-10-2012, 11:17 PM
The show is solid but can they get rid of the sappy musical moments. I thought the opening scene would last forever.

moon
12-10-2012, 11:20 PM
The show is solid but can they get rid of the sappy musical moments. I thought the opening scene would last forever.

I think Kurt Sutter does indulge his wives desire to be a singer a little too much at times.

PIMking
12-10-2012, 11:30 PM
The last three weeks sucked, they were 1 1/2 hours long but the extra half hour was just commercials

speede5
12-11-2012, 06:29 AM
I think Kurt Sutter does indulge his wives desire to be a singer a little too much at times.
Huh? I had to google that, I had no idea she was singing on the show. It can't be that often.

BigBrodieFan
01-19-2013, 11:06 PM
On fourth episode on Season 5- question- Are the cartel guys really bad guys, or are they under cover, or are they double agents. I don't understand the story line. And Jesus, did they have to kill Opie? God, it seems like every single episode gets more and more effed up, but I can't stop watching.

stang
01-21-2013, 05:12 PM
The CIA is sponsoring the bad guys. If there has to be bad guys then go with the evil you know sorta thing

BigBrodieFan
01-22-2013, 08:40 PM
But if the CIA is sponsoring them- would their own guys treat them as rats? I don't get if they are actual bad guys or rats.

Boblobla
01-22-2013, 10:15 PM
They are not rats. They are state sponsored drug dealers. They are using the guns to clear out rival gangs.

Hanni
01-23-2013, 07:29 AM
The CIA is backing one cartel against all the others, the idea being if one cartel controls Mexico you eliminate the drug war because there are no enemies left.

Jackpot_Smooth
01-24-2013, 11:07 AM
The CIA is backing one cartel against all the others, the idea being if one cartel controls Mexico you eliminate the drug war because there are no enemies left.

And give some amount of control to the US gov't.

Tailgator
02-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Can any of you tell me how I can watch this from the beginning? I can't find it on iTunes or Netflix. I'd rather not try to finds blu ray. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

CMPunk
02-18-2013, 11:33 PM
American Netflix or torrents would be the way to go then

CMPunk
09-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Well that was....interesting...new season started tonight

Hockey
09-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Yep... That was definitely controversial.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Dark turn for sure. Did not see that coming and it was pretty tough to watch.

We're talking about Otto's new friend in the beginning, right?

Hockey
09-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Dark turn for sure. Did not see that coming and it was pretty tough to watch.

We're talking about Otto's new friend in the beginning, right?

The bathtub full of piss actually.

CMPunk
09-11-2013, 12:47 AM
It amazes me that Kurt Sutter wrote himself the part that constantly gets fatad over. You'd think he'd want an easy part, not the one that gets constant jailhouse lovin

Erick Estrada
09-11-2013, 07:07 AM
I have to ask again why does FX Canada not show the new season and it's only available on the movie channel 2? There's no way I'm giving Shaw another dime of my money so I guess I will have to wait until January when FX Canada plays the episodes.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-11-2013, 07:40 AM
I have to ask again why does FX Canada not show the new season and it's only available on the movie channel 2? There's no way I'm giving Shaw another dime of my money so I guess I will have to wait until January when FX Canada plays the episodes.

I think Super Channel(not Movie Central) bought the rights to first run SOA episodes in Canada. This was done before FX Canada was green lit so I think they have the rights until the show is over. That's why Justified is on Super Channel as well in terms of first run episodes. Why they show Justified a week later that in the States is a different issue and never made sense to me, but that's neither here nor there.

Shows like American Horror Story and The Americans started after FX Canada started, so that's why those first run episodes are shows on that and not Super Channel or Movie Central.

I'm far from an insider on the matter, but I think this makes the most sense.

Senator Clay Davis
09-11-2013, 07:45 AM
You are 100% correct VANFLAMESFAN. SuperChannel is paying FX for the rights to broadcast the show in Canada on a premiere basis. FX isn't going to say no to the extra cash, so unfortunately unless you have SuperChannel (or want to download it), FX Canada won't get new episodes until January.

Erick Estrada
09-11-2013, 09:33 AM
You are 100% correct VANFLAMESFAN. SuperChannel is paying FX for the rights to broadcast the show in Canada on a premiere basis. FX isn't going to say no to the extra cash, so unfortunately unless you have SuperChannel (or want to download it), FX Canada won't get new episodes until January.

Shaw and Rogers already steal enough money from me so I have no issues waiting a few months.

Hockey
09-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Tons of sites online to watch it.

PIMking
09-11-2013, 07:46 PM
I will say that school part was a lot over the top

KTrain
09-11-2013, 08:07 PM
The school part didn't make a whole lotta sense to me but it could be neat to see how it plays out with the rest of the season. The rest of the episode seemed like a lot of the same. The Nomad storyline could be good though.

Alberta_Beef
09-11-2013, 08:18 PM
The school part didn't make a whole lotta sense to me but it could be neat to see how it plays out with the rest of the season. The rest of the episode seemed like a lot of the same. The Nomad storyline could be good though.
I think it makes sense.

The kid was the son (or son of the gf) of Nero's right hand guy. With the gun the kid had he likely stole it from Nero's right hand guy. If Jax really wants out of guns for good this is a good thing to use in favor of leaving guns alone, plus if the cops think this is one of the guns from SAMCRO it will make them watch them even closer. What if Opie's kids are in the school? Someone else's kids?

This has potential to spin off several good story lines.

WilderPegasus
09-11-2013, 09:46 PM
I will say that school part was a lot over the top

Of course a gun nut like yourself would think that!

PIMking
09-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Of course a gun nut like yourself would think that!

I may like/love guns but that made my jaw hit the floor and thought it was WAY over the line and tasteless especially with the newtown deal being less than a year old.

PIMking
09-11-2013, 09:48 PM
the gun was given to the mexican dude that was banging Jemma by SAMCRO so I have a feeling this is the way the wedge will be put in between them

KTrain
09-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Damn, I didn't catch the connection between the kid and Dave Navarro's character. Better play attention.

devo22
09-12-2013, 09:41 AM
brilliant stuff as always. Possible spoilers:

SOEISE4wxXA

Hemi-Cuda
09-12-2013, 01:21 PM
I may like/love guns but that made my jaw hit the floor and thought it was WAY over the line and tasteless especially with the newtown deal being less than a year old.

So they should have waited what, another few months or years? But then there would likely be another mass shooting in that time frame, so they'd have to wait even longer then

School shootings in the US are a very real topic whether you like it or not. And the show covered it about as respectfully as possible, you didn't actually see any violence or dead children. Pro-gun people always trot out the "too soon" card when any debate on guns comes up after mass shootings, but they happen so frequently that if you went by their rules you could never talk about guns

PIMking
09-12-2013, 01:23 PM
So they should have waited what, another few months or years? But then there would likely be another mass shooting in that time frame, so they'd have to wait even longer then

School shootings in the US are a very real topic whether you like it or not. And the show covered it about as respectfully as possible, you didn't actually see any violence or dead children. Pro-gun people always trot out the "too soon" card when any debate on guns comes up after mass shootings, but they happen so frequently that if you went by their rules you could never talk about guns

oh jesus man, this isn't an anti-gun/pro-gun crap, leave it be, it was over the top to me

Montana Moe
09-12-2013, 08:35 PM
The prison rape, torture porn, drowning in urine, etc. was OK, but a kid shooting up a school is over the top?

That scene was basically a less graphic remake of the "Jeremy" video from 1992.

Machiavelli
09-12-2013, 08:51 PM
I thought that episode was a complete mess. It just jumped all around.

ResAlien
09-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Speaking of prison rape, afterwards when Otto was drooling and whatnot was that like him being all upset and stuff or was it, uhh, a parting gift from his visitor? Could have been either and I'm inclined to believe it was not of his body since Kurt's seemingly decided to just try and go over the top constantly now.

Montana Moe
09-12-2013, 11:55 PM
I thought it was drool because of his lack of a tongue, but I defer to your expertise.

ResAlien
09-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Touché.

nfotiu
09-13-2013, 05:36 AM

I kind of agree with you. But it did leave a little bit of a bad taste of profiting on tragedy. Something that bugged me about the show, especially in the early seasons was that they were portrayed as kind of a good, moral MC because they only dealt in guns, and not drugs. I wouldn't mind if they took a path of dealing with some of the consequences of selling guns.

speede5
09-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Speaking of prison rape, afterwards when Otto was drooling and whatnot was that like him being all upset and stuff or was it, uhh, a parting gift from his visitor? Could have been either and I'm inclined to believe it was not of his body since Kurt's seemingly decided to just try and go over the top constantly now.
Man you would have to be one dumb mf to put your precious in the mouth of a man who bit off his own toungue.

Hemi-Cuda
09-13-2013, 10:42 AM
I kind of agree with you. But it did leave a little bit of a bad taste of profiting on tragedy. Something that bugged me about the show, especially in the early seasons was that they were portrayed as kind of a good, moral MC because they only dealt in guns, and not drugs. I wouldn't mind if they took a path of dealing with some of the consequences of selling guns.

That's exactly what they're doing, why do you think they even had the school shooting? The hammer is going to come down hard on the club once people figure out that one of their guns was used

devo22
09-13-2013, 10:47 AM
That was one fantastic opener. Yes, the end was tough to watch, but I've stopped counting the times where something on SoA was tough to watch. It's a show where people get shot, beaten to death, blown up, raped, beheaded, burnt alive ... and that's just off the top of my head. Probably I have a slightly different perception than you in NA when it comes to that school shooting because it rarely happens here in Europe. In fact, I can't think of a single incident in Austria. It's just not that of a sensitive topic over here because it never happens. To me, it was a horrific scene but I wouldn't call it over the top or anything. It's certainly a bit different though because most of the violence on the show is exaggerated and even a bit comical, so to mix it up with something horrific and "real" like a school shooting was a surprising move. But I actually think it's a logic development that the gun-dealing of the Sons fall back on them at some point ... it makes sense that their gun-dealing at some point affects other people than bikers, gang members and other criminals. Sutter is a master in story-telling ... a seemingly unsignificant sub-plot from season 5 (the Sons giving some guns to Nero's crew) turns into a (probably) major plot in season 6.

I really liked the opener, maybe a bit crowded, but not that much because FX gave them another half hour.

BigBrodieFan
09-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Did anyone see the extra with creator Kurt Sutter (Otto) and Jimmy S and Tig where they sat and talked about the episode (the conversation was lead by a complete buffoon who is fascinated with saying the F bomb)? I saw it on FB and I listened to Sutter's explanation for the school shooting and he described it as a brave thing to do. He said that it was very hard, but he wanted to include it as part of the reality that school shootings occur due to the exposure kids have to guns. They praised the kid on the show for doing such a good job as well.

I didn't like the second show honestly- the part about the mother of the kid was unnecessary. They should have dealt with that better. If the school shooting scene was 'hard,' then the way they dealt with the mother of the boy was too 'easy' in my opinion.

And I really hope they change Tara's hair. Good grief girl.. :bag:

JonDuke
09-25-2013, 12:08 AM
Tonight was one of my favorite episodes in a while.
More action than most episodes. Lots of twists too.

That demented beer bottle scene that reminded me of the feeling I had the first time I watched American History X.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-25-2013, 09:41 AM
How's Tig gonna get out of this one?

devo22
09-25-2013, 12:17 PM
sooo ... pretty sure that there'll be a dead Son next week.

Jbo
09-25-2013, 12:35 PM
I think Tig gets out of this and exposes Jax to the table. Insert Bobby and new crew.

Rathji
09-25-2013, 01:31 PM
I think Tig would have enough just telling the truth, but as he is already on thin ice I am not so sure he can escape Mr Mayhem on this one.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-25-2013, 01:42 PM
I just don't see them killing him off at this point in the series. Not a ton of original cast members left if he goes.

BigBrodieFan
10-01-2013, 02:11 PM
No way Tig dies, he just did an interview talking about how he was dreading the fact that next year will be his last season with the crew.

KTrain
10-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I thought this season was the last season?

Edit: I guess there is a seventh season coming. I was actually hoping this would be the last. Leave on a high note.

JonDuke
10-01-2013, 06:04 PM
I think Tig gets out of this and exposes Jax to the table. Insert Bobby and new crew.

Agreed.

KTrain
10-02-2013, 08:43 AM
That episode had a whole lot of everything.

Is it too early to start talking about last night's episode because there are a ton of changes to this season and it's only episode 4.

Montana Moe
10-09-2013, 11:01 PM
So, it looks like SAMCRO needs a real estate agent.

Yamer
10-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Wow. This season is really ramping up as a final season...but I guess SOA has been known pretty much for that style of storytelling.

How can Jimmy Smits be so detestable in something like Dexter, and be so cool and likable in this show?

Tinordi
10-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Four episodes into the first season and I must ask if this show gets better because I'm on the verge of quitting. Horribly wooden dialogue and characters so far.

iggy_oi
10-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Four episodes into the first season and I must ask if this show gets better because I'm on the verge of quitting. Horribly wooden dialogue and characters so far.

Even though I liked this show from the get go, I'll say this, season 1 is basically character establishment, season 2 is where it really kicks into high gear.

Violator
10-10-2013, 06:47 PM

growing up around bikers this show has gotten really cheesy

VANFLAMESFAN
10-10-2013, 06:58 PM
growing up around bikers this show has gotten really cheesy

Was the show ever realistic?

I find the show fun and all, but I could never really fully buy into this world.

Hard for me to consider this show more than a guilty pleasure at times.

devo22
10-10-2013, 07:05 PM

I find the show fun and all, but I could never really fully buy into this world.

no idea about the level of "realism", but FWIW the show's creator Kurt Sutter spent time with a California MC in preparation of the show and they have had quite a few members of the real Hells Angels on the show: David Labrava is a series regular (as Happy), Chuck Zito had a bigger story arc as Frankie Diamonds in season 5, and Sonny Barger (as Lenny the Pimp) and Rusty Coones (as Quinn) both have been on a couple episodes too. I imagine they provide good input.

moon
10-10-2013, 07:36 PM

Based on other comments you have had about other shows my guess is you will find a lot of things to complain about if you continue on with this show.

Are any drama's on TV, even the best ones, all that realistic?

Most of them have to be a little out there and over the top or else they would be boring or one season.

I know Jason Whitlock likes to argue that his precious Wire is better than Breaking Bad because BB is unrealistic but the Wire was just as unrealistic itself.

I think people expecting realism and great storytelling are expecting a little too much from TV shows.

VANFLAMESFAN
10-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Based on other comments you have had about other shows my guess is you will find a lot of things to complain about if you continue on with this show.

Are any drama's on TV, even the best ones, all that realistic?

Most of them have to be a little out there and over the top or else they would be boring or one season.

I know Jason Whitlock likes to argue that his precious Wire is better than Breaking Bad because BB is unrealistic but the Wire was just as unrealistic itself.

I think people expecting realism and great storytelling are expecting a little too much from TV shows.

I agree. I just find the entire SOA world to be way over the top. I also find some of the dialogue to be cringe worthy and the acting outside of Katy Sagal to be mediocre.

The dude who plays Juice is dreadful.

WilderPegasus
10-11-2013, 12:32 AM
They really wrote Jax as an idiot last episode. They're at war with the Irish. He knows they want Clay running their guns so badly that they're going to break him out of prison. Then when he's on the phone with the head of the Irish Kings their head tells him they haven't made their decision yet but to be sure to be at your clubhouse with all your guys ready for a vote. Is Jax the only one who doesn't see this as a plan to wipe out his club?

KTrain
10-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Another solid episode. So far, this season is the shaping up to be the best yet.

Goggins with boobs is back.

PIMking
10-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Another solid episode. So far, this season is the shaping up to be the best yet.

Goggins with boobs is back.

I have no idea how the goggins thing is going to pan out.

but the episode was great, I'm lost on what is going tohappen with nero and the club.

devo22
10-16-2013, 05:47 PM
sorry for my behaviour today :D

socalwingfan
10-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Not only Goggins back, but Bobby Elvis as well - solid season so far.

To Be Quite Honest
10-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Coggins you make me feel dirty and weird!

ha ha ha boobs.

jd456
10-16-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm almost afraid that with how emotionally light that episode was, something terrible is about happen.

iggy_oi
10-17-2013, 07:26 AM
I'm almost afraid that with how emotionally light that episode was, something terrible is about happen.

The entire episode I kept saying to myself, this is too happy, something really bad is gonna happen. Solid episode overall though. I think with how dark the last few episodes were they needed to do something a little less depressing, if only for one episode.

Meelapo
10-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Claudette is back...

HalifaxDrunk
10-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Claudette is back...

Perhaps now someone can finally prosecute Jax and Tara for the killing of Dutch!

Machiavelli
10-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Was I high, or was Kevin from Shameless at the SAMCRO table?

KTrain
10-17-2013, 03:15 PM

He's been a couple episodes this season.

VANFLAMESFAN
10-17-2013, 05:51 PM

I had to hit rewind. Yep, that's him.

Meelapo
10-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Perhaps now someone can finally prosecute Jax and Tara for the killing of Dutch!

For those that haven't seen the Shield you may not get that reference. LOTS of stuff from the Shield (locations, gangs, actors) on SoA are from The Shield. I'm expecting Vic Mackey to show up at one point.

When Juice was in the holding cell last season he was watching The Shield on TV!

Boblobla
10-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Man, what a great season so far. The Tara storyline has been great, faking a pregnancy just to get Jax to sign off on Gemma not being a potential guardian. The look on the Lawyers face at the end makes it seem like she is having second thoughts.

Nufy
10-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Man, what a great season so far. The Tara storyline has been great, faking a pregnancy just to get Jax to sign off on Gemma not being a potential guardian. The look on the Lawyers face at the end makes it seem like she is having second thoughts.

No doubt...

Holy Crap, i am helping screw over a MC that I have been helping for the last xx years...

Wonder if i can use that guy Saul did to start a new life in Vermont ???

devo22
10-24-2013, 12:36 PM
That must have been the first episode of the show without Ron Perlman making even a short appearance.

I thought the first few episodes of the season were pretty mediocre, but the show has been firing on all cylinders over the last few weeks. Was waiting to finally see the whole details of Taras plan, glad that it wasn't dragged out any longer and all unfolded this week. Can't wait for next week.

jroc
10-24-2013, 01:43 PM
No doubt...

Holy Crap, i am helping screw over a MC that I have been helping for the last xx years...

This is what's been bugging me this season. She's the lawyer for the whole MC which is run by Jax... but now she's going to be Tara's attorney for their divorce? Isn't this a pretty big conflict of interest?

Yasa
10-24-2013, 02:16 PM
I still like the show, but I felt as if Tara's plan really jumped the shark. A doctor or nurse would know in a brisk 5 second exam that she was not pregnant and that blood was not from a traumatic abortion. She wouldn't be in the hospital for very long, and it wouldn't take much for everyone to figure it out.

I'm not looking for realism in the show. It's still entertaining, but I felt her plan and the outcome was ridiculous even for its regular standards.

jroc
10-24-2013, 03:39 PM
I still like the show, but I felt as if Tara's plan really jumped the shark. A doctor or nurse would know in a brisk 5 second exam that she was not pregnant and that blood was not from a traumatic abortion. She wouldn't be in the hospital for very long, and it wouldn't take much for everyone to figure it out.

Well given that Tara is a doctor, I'm sure she's have some doctor friends that would back her up, perhaps the old red headed lady?

devo22
10-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Well given that Tara is a doctor, I'm sure she's have some doctor friends that would back her up, perhaps the old red headed lady?
pretty sure that Margaret has backed all those moves. Tara asked her for a favour with a pregnancy test earlier in the season; in this last episode they had that brief talk about "dire circumstances require desperate measures" and she's right there when Gemma shows up, claiming that she saw the assault. I have no doubts that she helped Tara set everything up.

Yamer
10-24-2013, 04:10 PM
pretty sure that Margaret has backed all those moves. Tara asked her for a favour with a pregnancy test earlier in the season; in this last episode they had that brief talk about "dire circumstances require desperate measures" and she's right there when Gemma shows up, claiming that she saw the assault. I have no doubts that she helped Tara set everything up.

Even so, faking a desk-corner abortion with the amount of staff and the strict procedures medical centers have to follow seems pretty illogical. I kept thinking what Tara was going to do when that completely random doctor that was getting busy with the telescope found the plastic bag of blood sticking out of her underwear.

Yasa
10-24-2013, 07:28 PM

Having one doctor on your side won't help. And I can't imagine she's keeping many doctor friends after being accused of assisting in a murder, losing her medical license and being affiliated with a known gang. Not to mention they'd need the nurses, ultra sound techs, er docs, etc. all on board with her scheme.

To me, it's one of the furthest stretches from reality they've taken.

Machiavelli
10-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Yup, and when someone miscarries usually serial beta-HCG (pregnancy hormone) levels are done to ensure they are decreasing....not to mention ultrasound to rule out retained products of conception.

Yamer
10-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Well, if the writers have any integrity the lid will pop off of Tara's perfect plan next episode causing all sorts of new tensions and issues.

stang
10-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Nothing?

Coys1882
10-31-2013, 08:55 PM
I hate Tara - the list of ever annoying TV wives grows....

Hells Bells
11-01-2013, 12:15 AM
I hate Tara - the list of ever annoying TV wives grows....

The dislike I have for Tara will never hold a candle to Gemma.

I know Gemma is an important character but I really wouldn't mind her killed off.

Hockey
11-06-2013, 12:22 AM
So was that lady digging in the dumpster that girls mom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

FlamesAddiction
11-06-2013, 09:13 AM
I like Tara because she has some nice ghetto booty.

The best episodes are always the ones where Jax goes ape, so if Tara helps that happen, then great.

iggy_oi
11-06-2013, 09:24 AM
So was that lady digging in the dumpster that girls mom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

I'm thinking so, the father had mentioned she had a lot of mental issues, maybe she went crazy and the father left her and mislead the daughter, saying she was killed in the accident instead of injured. They didn't go into big details on the newspaper article.

VANFLAMESFAN
11-06-2013, 11:13 PM
I'm thinking so, the father had mentioned she had a lot of mental issues, maybe she went crazy and the father left her and mislead the daughter, saying she was killed in the accident instead of injured. They didn't go into big details on the newspaper article.

And Jax said he recognized the wife when looking at the picture at the father's house. Given that the lady was in the dumpster in behind the SAMCRO make-shift clubhouse, he's probably seen her on the streets.

The evidence is all there to suggest that woman in the dumpster was the mother.

iggy_oi
11-06-2013, 11:26 PM
And Jax said he recognized the wife when looking at the picture at the father's house. Given that the lady was in the dumpster in behind the SAMCRO make-shift clubhouse, he's probably seen her on the streets.

The evidence is all there to suggest that woman in the dumpster was the mother.

That homeless woman has been on the show since the first season, always rummaging through trash.

Kolbe31
11-07-2013, 08:08 AM
That homeless woman has been on the show since the first season, always rummaging through trash.

Both Jax and Gemma have both had interactions with that women over the course of the series. Always wondered how it would play out. For some reason, I don't think we've seen the end of her or that family. Just a guess, of course.

Great episode this week, best of the season.

iggy_oi
11-07-2013, 10:26 AM
It's gonna be very interesting to see how this all plays out with jax and Tara, jax still doesn't know about Gemma killing his dad, it's gonna be and interesting 2 episodes to finish the season

VANFLAMESFAN
11-07-2013, 01:09 PM
EW with Kurt Sutter regarding homeless woman after last episode:

Another big reveal: A character named Brooke (Hayley McFarland, pictured) took out some anger on Tig’s bike and the new clubhouse’s storefront, and Jax learned that she’s the daughter of a woman killed in the pile-up that followed his father’s fatal accident. Jax went to see her father and saw Brooke’s mother in a wedding photo — it appeared to be the mysterious Homeless Woman we’ve seen pop up from time to time on the show. After Jax arranged for Oswald to help Brooke’s broke father, one of his employees, keep their home (“It’s just my way of saying, ‘Sorry’ to a mother,” Jax told Brooke), Brooke walks outside and passes the Homeless Woman sifting through trash. How should we interpret all that?

SUTTER: To me, going back to our Shakespeare archetype, she’s a little bit of that magic. Obviously, this is far from a supernatural show, so it always has to be rooted in some kind of realism. It’s always just about creating that question in people’s minds and keeping them guessing. So is she an angel? Is she a harbinger of bad things to come? But at some point, I did want to root her a little bit in the mythology of the show. And then we had the opportunity to do that this season with the character Brooke, and having Jax respond to it in a real way based on where he’s at emotionally. Not that suddenly Jax thinks he’s seeing ghosts or that I want to create that illusion, but is it the same woman? Is it just somebody that looks like her? Just keeping all those questions so we never cross the line into it being something supernatural, and yet perhaps it is. I like the notion of having something out there that feels a little bit beyond, that there’s something out there spinning all this that’s beyond their control.

Did you always know when you’d reveal that backstory?

SUTTER: I knew I wanted to do it probably at some point in season 5 or season 6. I didn’t want to wait ’til the last season to do it. So I’ve sort of always had it in the back of my mind and then was looking for the opportunity so that it didn’t feel like it was something we were inserting for the sake of inserting. It dovetailed nicely into a story and the reveal felt organic.

stang
11-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Can't believe this show doesn't get talked about more. Loved Jax talking to ghetto DA

Red Ice Player
11-08-2013, 02:23 AM
Great show. I started watching it on Netflix last year. I finally got caught up last week, after subscribing to Superchannel this summer. I stayed away from this thread to avoid spoilers until now. Now I have to wait a week between episodes like everyone else....argh

Machiavelli
11-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Good episode this week, love psycho Tara.

And hellooooo Charlie.

Jbo
11-19-2013, 09:16 PM
What an episode....going to have some huge repercussions

Khel
11-19-2013, 09:44 PM
They could have ended the series on that episode, wow I didn't see that coming at all.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

CMPunk
11-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Didn't expect that to happen at all. Definitely a series ender