PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Canada has last laugh on IOC

sureLoss
02-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Remember the big stink the IOC made about the Hockey Canada logo not being allowed on the jerseys?

Bob McKenzie just tweeted:
Interesting note: Team Canada had the traditional and (Oly unapproved) Hockey Canada leaf logo stitched INSIDE their sweaters.

getbak
02-28-2010, 07:13 PM
But was there a loonie under the ice?

Hemi-Cuda
02-28-2010, 07:13 PM
i was actually quite glad the IOC forced Canada to use a different logo, the jerseys we had this year are IMO the best looking international jerseys ever (or at least a close second to the half maple leaf Canada Cup ones). first Team Canada jersey i ever bought

browna
02-28-2010, 07:15 PM
As I have said before, the stink was made because Nicholson was worried about not getting royalties from the massive jersey sales, and tried to wrap his organization in the flag to get it.

As soon as the compromise to sell the non authentic jerseys (which were all but 2010 of authentic jerseys sold) with the HC logo on the sleeve came down, the issue was dropped.

I don't think anyone mistook Canada for any other country when they stepped on the ice these last 12 days, as Nicholson wanted people to believe when he raised that stink.

Hack&Lube
02-28-2010, 07:16 PM
I wonder how much chaffing that caused.

silentsim
02-28-2010, 07:17 PM
As I have said before, the stink was made because Nicholson was worried about not getting royalties from the massive jersey sales, and tried to wrap his organization in the flag to get it.

As soon as the compromise to sell the non authentic jerseys (which were all but 2010 of authentic jerseys sold) with the HC logo on the sleeve came down, the issue was dropped.

I don't think anyone mistook Canada for any other country when they stepped on the ice these last 12 days, as Nicholson wanted people to believe when he raised that stink.

actually IMO Hockey Canada made more from these new jerseys, as people who had old jerseys bought another, instead of using the same old jersey.

Hockey Canada still made money on these jerseys, just wasn't branded with their logo.

Northendzone
02-28-2010, 07:30 PM
that is pretty cool - i wonder if those "authentic" 2,010 limited edition jersies they are selling on CTV have that logo stitched on the inside as well.......

can't blame old wily bob - after all i think it is safe to say that is the most bankable logo in canada.

browna
02-28-2010, 07:36 PM
[quote=silentsim;2367412
Hockey Canada still made money on these jerseys, just wasn't branded with their logo.[/quote]

It was, on the non-authentics, on one sleeve. That's why there wasn't a big stink after that was agreed upon.

Diamondhead
02-28-2010, 07:38 PM
The black and red team Canada hockey logo does nothing for me. Replacing it with a more pure red maple leaf was a better choice.

Table 5
02-28-2010, 07:54 PM
I think the previous logo itself was starting to look a little dated. The current one was simple, but worked very well on tv.

Still wish they would go back to these though.
http://pics.classicauctions.net/classicauctions/auctions/34/209.jpg

Best hockey jersey of all time.