PDA

View Full Version : Brian Willams meets Brian Willams

Mccree
02-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Thought this was pretty funny.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/video/index.html?assetid=25b5e678-d39e-4a02-ad6e-a8227ec20491

flip
02-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Our Brian Williams has a REALLY annoying laugh.

Oh, and seeing that ghetto place where US Brian Williams does the news almost made me think it was fake. He has to sit outside in a tent that is smaller than my bathroom.

zamler
02-22-2010, 11:32 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I find "our" Brian Williams flat out annoying, even creepy. And the U.S. Brian Williams is a robot.

Hemi-Cuda
02-22-2010, 11:33 PM
the US Brian Williams is a much funnier guy, whenever he does the Daily Show with Jon Steward it's almost always a riot

Johnny Canuck
02-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Out of simple curiosity, does Brian Williams do anything outside of covering the Olympics?

I seem to only see this guy for a span of two weeks every two years. It's almost like they lock him in a closet full of moth balls, and bring him out whenever the Olympics commence.

Ozy_Flame
02-22-2010, 11:41 PM
I liked it . . . Adds some rare humor to an otherwise all-work-no-play type of broadcaster.

getbak
02-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Oh, and seeing that ghetto place where US Brian Williams does the news almost made me think it was fake. He has to sit outside in a tent that is smaller than my bathroom.
I don't doubt that it's real. Every television set I've ever seen looks much smaller and crappier in person than it does on air. It's one of the big problems that a lot of stations have had when going to HD, they pretty much have to rebuild their sets so you can't see the shoddy construction on the air.

flip
02-22-2010, 11:55 PM
I don't doubt that it's real. Every television set I've ever seen looks much smaller and crappier in person than it does on air. It's one of the big problems that a lot of stations have had when going to HD, they pretty much have to rebuild their sets so you can't see the shoddy construction on the air.

No, I know it was real. I just couldn't believe how small time it was compared to the regular NBC set and the CTV/TSN/SN sets. It was literally like prison cell size and he was sitting outdoors with nothing but a tiny heater.

kn
02-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Our BW looked down right peeved when Dutchy interrupted him with the champagne.

One commentator that has really impressed me this Olympics has been Rod Smith.

browna
02-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Williams is rolled out only for this it seems. CBC used him a bit more, but other then the odd CFL on TSN vignette or feature, he's doing very little for CTV/TSN. He's toned down his "In about 43 minutes from now, 12:48 for those in White Rock BC, that's 3:48 for you in Pickering Ontario and 5:18 for those of you in Bonavista Newfoundland" schitck that he made famous on CBC. He's also toned down his bitching about the IOC and other semi-political issues he's liked to dip his feet into.

Rod Black is adequate and been doing figure skating for a while, but tries way too hard to make something out of nothing. Then, like the trademark Bryan Adams yell in all his songs, tries even harder to manufacter some "memorable" line when it comes to calling the golden moment, as opposed to something coming out of emotion.

And, I didn't hear it the first time, but thankfully, Rod Black reminded us 15 times later, about them all being training partners.

Bunk
02-23-2010, 07:43 AM
Brian Williams of NBC has an amazing sense of humour. His little guest spots on 30 Rock are hilarious.

Textcritic
02-23-2010, 08:01 AM
I thought the segment was good.

In a semi-related note, I sure do miss having Steve Armitage call the long-track speedskating. His calls were epic...

mykalberta
02-23-2010, 10:29 AM
No, I know it was real. I just couldn't believe how small time it was compared to the regular NBC set and the CTV/TSN/SN sets. It was literally like prison cell size and he was sitting outdoors with nothing but a tiny heater.

NBC isnt exactly the most profitable network.

GE recently sold them to Comcast.

Yamer
02-23-2010, 11:00 AM
"We have a snack bowl." Classic.

Really good piece. Thanks for sharing!

Hack&Lube
02-23-2010, 11:15 AM
All those old suits are such stiffs. CTV needs to push out the old guys, Brian Williams especially and replace them all with guys like Jay Onrait.

He does the CTV morning shows and morning Olympics coverage since the Sportsnet/TSN combined crew is so big already and he's totally hilarious and entertaining in every segment.

Good thing CBC lost the rights, that would have been even worse!

Smell My Finger
02-23-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm Brian Williams, and I'm Brian Williams.
all We need now is "and I'm Earl Camembert"
SCTV

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/Juldust/EarlCamembert.jpg

Textcritic
02-23-2010, 02:00 PM
...Good thing CBC lost the rights, that would have been even worse!
But....but.....

STEVE ARMITAGE!!!!!