PDA

View Full Version : Gearing up for the Canada vs. Germany Game

Vernie_30
02-22-2010, 12:58 AM
I have tickets to this game and I plan to get really red and really loud.
I saw a guy in Canada Hockey Place carrying a horn so i guess they are allowed. I'm very good with those plastic horns but i didn't bring mine cause i didn't want to crush it on the plane. I tried quickly looking for one inside Canada Hockey Place Anyone know where I can get one in Vancouver?
Also I might want to get my face painted or something, where do they get this done or do I have to do it myself?
GO CANADA GO!!!

Treach
02-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Those plastic horns are the worst thing ever. Do everyone the courtesy of not bringing one of those to the game. But go nuts with the painting!

GirlySports
02-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Bring a cowbell.

And try to get everyone to sing O Canada halfway through the 2nd period.

Tsawwassen
02-22-2010, 01:55 AM
Wear Iginla's Flames home jersey and scream out Go Flames Go all game long!

Boblobla
02-22-2010, 09:56 AM
What time is that game at?

Locke
02-22-2010, 09:57 AM
I have a hard time being excited for this game.

VladtheImpaler
02-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Go Deutschland? What is the world coming to when a Russian cheers for Germans? :no:

CedarMeter
02-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Is this game a 5:30 start?

bubbsy
02-22-2010, 10:14 AM
is it true that the Russa vs. Germany/Canada game is scheduled at 9pm PST (12am Est) the UBC Arena (which can only hold like 6K people)?!?!

Rhettzky
02-22-2010, 10:15 AM
is it true that the Russa vs. Germany/Canada game is scheduled at 9pm PST (12am Est) the UBC Arena (which can only hold like 6K people)?!?!

I thought all Canada games were happening at Hockey Canada Place at 5:30 MST regardless. I can't find the link now though.

REDVAN
02-22-2010, 10:16 AM

If that's true, I am going to be VERY sick on Wednesday.

Yamer
02-22-2010, 10:19 AM
What time is that game at?

Is this game a 5:30 start?

The game will be at 5:30 MST.

browna
02-22-2010, 10:32 AM
If that's true, I am going to be VERY sick on Wednesday.

No, that's only to throw off Babcock so he's napping when Canada plays at 4:30 at Canada Hockey Place, and Crosby, Nash and Iginla put up a combined 18 points while Richards fetches them water and Bergeron and Seabrook are on stick tape duty.

It would be great to have the eastern part of Canada whine and complain about a 9pm PST start time, and imagine the ticket prices for the game if there's only 6K avaiable?

Anyways, all Canada games are at 4:30PST at Canada Hockey Place, until the potential final.

Vernie_30
02-22-2010, 10:35 AM

Only the women's classifications games are left to be played at UBC Arena. The women's semifinals and bronze and gold medal games are now moved into Canada Hockey place. All mens hockey is played at Canada Hockey Place.

browna
02-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Only the women's classifications games are left to be played at UBC Arena. The women's semifinals and bronze and gold medal games are now moved into Canada Hockey place. All mens hockey is played at Canada Hockey Place.

Not true.

CZE plays Latvia tomorrow at UBC.
There will be a QF at UBC too.

http://www.iihf.com/channels10/olympics-2010/schedule.html

Phaneuf3
02-22-2010, 10:56 AM
A shameless re-post but....

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/wp-content/uploads/image/burnsgerman1id.jpg

Horst: [threatingly] We Germans aren't all smiles und sunshine.
Burns: [recoils in mock horror]
Oooh, the Germans are mad at me. I'm so scared! Oooh, the Germans!
[hiding behind Smithers] Uh oh, the Germans are going to get me!
Horst: Stop it!
Man 2: Stop, sir.
Burns: Don't let the Germans come after me.
Oh no, the Germans are coming after me.
Man 2: Please stop the `pretending you are scared' game, please.
Horst: Stop it! Stop it!
Burns: [brief pause, then resumes]
No! They're so big and strong!
Man 2: Stop it.
Horst: Stop it, Mr. Burns.
Man 2: Please stop pretending you are scared of us, please, now.
Burns: Oh, protect me from the Germans! The Germans...
Horst: Burns, STOP IT!

Vernie_30
02-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Not true.

CZE plays Latvia tomorrow at UBC.
There will be a QF at UBC too.

http://www.iihf.com/channels10/olympics-2010/schedule.html

My bad, I guess i should have double checked that and not looked like an informed poster haha!!

josef
02-22-2010, 12:21 PM
I have tickets to this game and I plan to get really red and really loud.
I saw a guy in Canada Hockey Place carrying a horn so i guess they are allowed. I'm very good with those plastic horns but i didn't bring mine cause i didn't want to crush it on the plane. I tried quickly looking for one inside Canada Hockey Place Anyone know where I can get one in Vancouver?
Also I might want to get my face painted or something, where do they get this done or do I have to do it myself?
GO CANADA GO!!!

a pack of kleenex is all you need :D:whistle::whistle:

albertGQ
02-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Make sure you boo Luigi and not "lou" him

Vernie_30
02-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Make sure you boo Luigi and not "lou" him

Sorry buddy i don't even dream of booing anyone wearing a maple leaf on their chest. But it will hurt to cheer for him. When he wears the jersey that spells out the city he plays for then i will boo him loudly and proudly!!

albertGQ
02-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Sorry buddy i don't even dream of booing anyone wearing a maple leaf on their chest. But it will hurt to cheer for him. When he wears the jersey that spells out the city he plays for then i will boo him loudly and proudly!!

Have fun "louing" him. LOL

Enjoy the game bud. So I take it you're not going to be at Wednesdays game against Team Vodka?

stuck_in_chuk
02-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Two - oh - one - zero party over out of time
Tonight we'll crush the Germans like it's 1945.

Tsawwassen
02-23-2010, 06:45 AM
Sorry buddy i don't even dream of booing anyone wearing a maple leaf on their chest. But it will hurt to cheer for him. When he wears the jersey that spells out the city he plays for then i will boo him loudly and proudly!! What kind of maple leaf, the Toronto kind or the national kind? ;) Cheer Iginla, yes and boo Luongo, yes. Canuck fans at GM Place will have some cheers for Ehrhoff.

Flames89
02-23-2010, 06:52 AM
Booing someone wearing a team Canada jersey is one of most ridiculous things I have ever read on here. You are pathetic children who are an insult to the humble, proud, and courageous Canadians who came before you.

Tsawwassen
02-23-2010, 06:55 AM
Booing someone wearing a team Canada jersey is one of most ridiculous things I have ever read on here. You are pathetic children who are an insult to the humble, proud, and courageous Canadians who came before you. Canuck fans were cheering Kesler last game. These games are not the 1972 Summit series. This is an entertaining all star tournament.

icarus
02-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Go Deutschland? What is the world coming to when a Russian cheers for Germans? :no:Judging from your Dynamo Kiev sig you're already a little confused... ;)