PDA

View Full Version : GDT: TEAM CANADA vs Team USA (4:40 pm PST, 5:40 pm MST)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

OILFAN #81
02-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Preliminary Game #3 - 2010 Winter Olympic Games - The Quest for GOLD!

Record Format : W-OTW-OTL-L
TEAM CANADA (1-1-0-0 for 5 points)

VS

TEAM USA(2-0-0-0 for 6 points)

The teams:

Canada:

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/2392603.bin?size=614x414

Projected lines for the game:

Forwards:

Richards-Crosby-Nash
Marleau-Thornton-Heatley
Staal-Getzlaf-Perry
Morrow-Toews-Bergeron/Iginla

Defense:

Niedermayer-Weber
Pronger-Boyle
Keith-Doughty
Seabrook

Goaltenders:

Brodeur (starting)
Luongo

USA:

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/gen/xp/20060612/i/1498551266.jpg

Projected lines for the game:

Forwards:

Parise-Stastny-Langenbrunner
Kane-Kesler-Ryan
Malone-Pavelski-Kessel
Brown-Drury-Backes
Callahan

Defenseman:

J. Johnson-Rafalski
Suter - E. Johnson
Whitney-Orpik
Gleason

Goaltenders:

Miller (starting)
Quick

So far:

The US opened the tournament with a 3-1 win over Switzerland followed by a 6-1 win over Norway. Brian Rafalski had 2 goals to lead the win over Norway. Canada started off strong with an 8-0 win over Norway led by a hattrick from Jarome Iginla and 2 goals from Dany Heatley. They then faced Switzerland who they beat 3-2 in a shootout thanks to Sidney Crosby's shootout winner and Martin Brodeur's heroics in the shootout.

Notes: The winner of this game will clinch 1st place in group A and an automatic birth to the QF's.

GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesse834
02-21-2010, 12:50 AM
The game is 17 some hours away. Isn't a little early for the GDT/GT thread?

Anyway. I don't feel good about the game. But I think the Canadian boys will put out the W. 3-2 the final with Crosby netting the game winner in the last minute on a odd man rush that will finally cost the Americans.

OILFAN #81
02-21-2010, 12:55 AM
The game is 17 some hours away. Isn't a little early for the GDT/GT thread?

Anyway. I don't feel good about the game. But I think the Canadian boys will put out the W. 3-2 the final with Crosby netting the game winner in the last minute on a odd man rush that will finally cost the Americans.

It's officially Sunday so I don't think it's early for the GDT (Game Day Thread) as it is Gameday! Besides last time people pm'd me and said they were waiting for the gdt as it wasn't up at noon.

In terms of the game, I say 4-2 Canada with the 4th a en.

USA: Kane, Stastny

Canada: Heatley, Perry, Crosby, Richards

burning_acid1
02-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Looking for to the game! It should be a close one. I think Canada will win 4-3.

Jesse834
02-21-2010, 01:03 AM
I read somewhere and can't remember where but the Americans are changing their lines for this game.

burning_acid1
02-21-2010, 01:07 AM
I read somewhere and can't remember where but the Americans are changing their lines for this game.

Not a surprise. A lot of teams are still changing lines to see how players can adapt and play with each other.

OILFAN #81
02-21-2010, 01:11 AM

Yeah I have the expected changed lines in the original post. They broke up Parise-Stastny-Kane (Langenbrunner took Kane's spot) and Kane will be playing with Kesler and Ryan instead.

jayswin
02-21-2010, 01:14 AM
As a Flames fan, I'm pissed at the way Iginla has been handled, he really didn't play his way off the top line at all in that last game, imo, and that's f-ing annoying.

Especially since now it looks like he will be sharing the 13th forward role, which will lead to a ridiculously low amount of ice time by games end, it's god damn annoying, but I'll get past it and fully enjoy the game as soon the puck drops, I'm sure.

burning_acid1
02-21-2010, 01:16 AM
As a Flames fan, I'm pissed at the way Iginla has been handled, he really didn't play his way off the top line at all in that last game, imo, and that's f-ing annoying.

Especially since now it looks like he will be sharing the 13th forward role, which will lead to a ridiculously low amount of ice time by games end, it's god damn annoying, but I'll get past it and fully enjoy the game as soon the puck drops, I'm sure.

Maybe he will redeem himself and get bumped up?

Montana Moe
02-21-2010, 01:25 AM
From (USA Today) Kevin Allen's twitter:

At USA practice today, Coach Wilson kept Langenbrunner with Stastny and Parise. He has grit on every line. Kane is with Kesler and Ryan.USA Hockey other lines: Ryan Malone, Pavelski and Kessel, plus Dustin Brown now down with Drury and Backes. Callahan also in that mix.

Looking forward to the game tonight, though I'm afraid Team Canada is going to vent some frustrations on Team USA in a big way...

OILFAN #81
02-21-2010, 01:28 AM
From (USA Today) Kevin Allen's twitter:

Yup. Already have that in the OP. Kevin Allen as well as an article from the Washington Post was where I got the information to make the "projected lines".

PS...........are you going for the US? (I have no idea on your background. I just assumed you lived in Montana based on your username and you are an American Flames fan?)

Igottago
02-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Why are Kesler and some chick flexing their muscles in that picture?

OILFAN #81
02-21-2010, 01:37 AM

http://i36.tinypic.com/ae5rma.jpg

Does that work better for you? lol

flip
02-21-2010, 01:45 AM
Not to nitpick but Canada isn't 2-0. They are 2-0-1-0 because the Olympic format for standings goes W-L-OTW-OTL.

OILFAN #81
02-21-2010, 01:50 AM
Not to nitpick but Canada isn't 2-0. They are 2-0-1-0 because the Olympic format for standings goes W-L-OTW-OTL.

Actually by that they would be 1-0-1-0. I just looked at the standings and they go W-OTW-OTL-L. So Canada is 1-1-0-0. (but I just put 2-0 for 5 points). I'll change it though.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/12665103/olympics-standings

flip
02-21-2010, 01:53 AM
Actually by that they would be 1-0-1-0. I just looked at the standings and they go W-OTW-OTL-L. So Canada is 1-1-0-0. (but I just put 2-0 for 5 points). I'll change it though.

Right, my bad. I meant 1-0-1-0. Yeah, and I was only going by what TSN (or maybe it was the Fan960) said about the 1-0-1-0 vs 1-1-0-0.

OILFAN #81
02-21-2010, 01:58 AM
Right, my bad. I meant 1-0-1-0. Yeah, and I was only going by what TSN (or maybe it was the Fan960) said about the 1-0-1-0 vs 1-1-0-0.

Yeah thanks for that. I changed it based on the cbs link that I put in my last post.

Philly06Cup
02-21-2010, 02:12 AM
Crosby and Richards on the same line? Iiinteresting. I feel bad for Weber being stuck with Niedermayer -- Weber has been the STUD of the blueline, while Niedermayer hasn't looked good at all.

Stereochild
02-21-2010, 02:40 AM
Pavelski on the 3rd line? Compared to Getzlaf?

Comeoncomeoncomeoncomeoncomeon, let's keep it real. Let us. Keep this. Real.

We shouldn't be afraid of these Americans. They're not the king of trees. They're not the treemeisters. Who do they think they are? Do they think they're Captain Knots? Captain Tying Knots? Anybody needs some knots tied, they go to them? Come on, come on, comeoncomeon, these Americans are nobody.

These Americans are balloons. They're balloon hands. They're mister balloon hands. No way, come on. Let's keep it real.

Come on people, no need to be afraid. By the end of the night these Americans will be drinking out of cups.

Lighthouse.

dissentowner
02-21-2010, 03:32 AM

I don't know but that first chick needs a push up bra because those are some disgusting flap jack titties!

IceMan
02-21-2010, 04:27 AM
I can't believe that Iggy is the 13th forward. Babcock must really have it in for him. I mean if Babcock doesn't want Iginla to score but be a physical presence why is he even on the team? They should've chosen Lucic instead. He'd be the perfect 13th forward where he can take a few shifts here and there and just go all out hitting everything he sees. I'm so pissed the way Jarome's been handled so far.

Regardless, I'm so pumped for this game! Canada wins 3-1 with Iggy scoring a hat trick while only playing 6 minutes. Take that Babcock.

3 Justin 3
02-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Iginla the 13th forward is a joke. Babcock needs to chill on the BC bud.

Montana Moe
02-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Yup. Already have that in the OP. Kevin Allen as well as an article from the Washington Post was where I got the information to make the "projected lines".

PS...........are you going for the US? (I have no idea on your background. I just assumed you lived in Montana based on your username and you are an American Flames fan?)

Sorry, skimmed the OP but didn't notice the lines were the same...:bag:

Yes, I'm an American Flames fan. I'll be going for the U.S. but I'm not getting my hopes up! I'd be ecstatic if they could come back with a bronze.

When the U.S. is eventually ousted, I'm team Canada all the way.

canuckaragua
02-21-2010, 09:33 AM
hola, I've spent yesterday and this morning getting excited about this game (hell, all the games today look good). I haven't been watching any Olympics at all so far, just reading the game summary's and whatnot. Some questions popped into my head just now, one of them giving me a distraught feeling. 1. NBC is airing the Winter Olympics, and I assume this is exclusive? That would be okay since I get them and a few US networks as part of my standard cable. 2. Can anyone comment as to whether NBC has been showing games in their entirety? (This is the part that makes me want to potentially drive my motorcycle into a volcano if we get switched over to Ice Dancing finals going into a tied 3rd period).

MRCboicgy
02-21-2010, 09:43 AM
2. Can anyone comment as to whether NBC has been showing games in their entirety? (This is the part that makes me want to potentially drive my motorcycle into a volcano if we get switched over to Ice Dancing finals going into a tied 3rd period).

You should probably brush up on your Foxtrot just in case...

burnin_vernon
02-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Does anybody know what has to happen for Canada to finish first overall? I'm too out of it to figure that out this morning.

edit...oh its actually simple...a regulation win over Usa, Russia beats czechs in regulation, and sweden finland go to OT.

But if finland wins in ot, and Canada only wins by one one goal, what breaks the tie with Canada when their gf/ga diff is the same?

jschick88
02-21-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't think I have been this excited in a long time to watch some good hockey. Go Canada Go!!!

Rhettzky
02-21-2010, 10:40 AM
But if finland wins in ot, and Canada only wins by one one goal, what breaks the tie with Canada when their gf/ga diff is the same?

After differential it goes total goes and then lastly it goes by some international team ranking. I think Russia is first in that ranking and Canada is second.

Found a link...

The following criteria will be used in the order presented to determine this ranking following completion of the Preliminary Round (1D - 12D):

Higher position in the group
Higher number of points
Better goal difference
Higher number of goals scored for
Better 2009 IIHF World Ranking
http://www.iihf.com/en/channels10/olympics-2010/home/men/format.html

...and the rankings are here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IIHF_World_Ranking

megatron
02-21-2010, 10:57 AM
I can't believe that Iggy is the 13th forward. Babcock must really have it in for him. I mean if Babcock doesn't want Iginla to score but be a physical presence why is he even on the team? They should've chosen Lucic instead. He'd be the perfect 13th forward where he can take a few shifts here and there and just go all out hitting everything he sees. I'm so pissed the way Jarome's been handled so far.

Regardless, I'm so pumped for this game! Canada wins 3-1 with Iggy scoring a hat trick while only playing 6 minutes. Take that Babcock.

I have to agree. Hat trick wasn't good enough apparently. I guess he needed to score 5 goals vs. the Swiss for him to be considered. Pisses me off to no end and make me care a lot less about Team Canada in general. I know it sounds horrible and unpatriotic, but that's how it is.

I still want Team Canada to win, but it just won't be as sweet as seeing Iggy play with some other stars and dominate like we all know he can.

sa226
02-21-2010, 10:59 AM
based on the most recent articles, It seems the coaching staff is hell bent on getting Crosby going and doing whatever it takes to do so which is obviously in their best interest, he is the best player on the team.

But it seems like they are over analyzing everything doing the Mike Keenan shuffle with that line.

I don't know why they just don't let great players be great players.

Is Crosby a great player? Yes
Is Nash a great player? Yes
Is Iginla a great player? Yes

So lets put them together, who gives a hoot about Richards and his give and go's or whoever else.

I think Iginla actually creates space for Crosby. Iginla is first a foremost a shooter and goal scorer, but he is a very underrated passer. Crosby is first and foremost a great playmaker but he is also a very underrated goal scorer.

You would think the 2 would be a perfect match. For the passed 6 years everybody has been begging Calgary to get a centre for Iginla. Crosby has been waiting his whole career for a decent winger to play with (Hossa's 3 months aside)

Whatever.

burning_acid1
02-21-2010, 11:34 AM
He used the Crosby-Nash-Iginla lineup for a bit... then he ditched it for some odd reason

calgaryred
02-21-2010, 11:38 AM
if its anything like last game my prediction is 4-3 SO USA

Yamer
02-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Wow, I cannot believe how many American media outlets are picking this up!

5 Ways the US team can beat Canada:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/olympicpulse/blogs/blog=rinkside/postid=435496.html#ways

Kesler17
02-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Awww gotta cheer against my boy Kesler

flip
02-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Wow, I cannot believe how many American media outlets are picking this up!

5 Ways the US team can beat Canada:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/olympicpulse/blogs/blog=rinkside/postid=435496.html#ways

????

Yeah, except the most important one NBC who bumped the game to MSNBC so they could show figure skating...

Machiavelli
02-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Sidney Crosby between Jarome Iginla and Nash had chemistry for the opener, but Iginla's indifferent play against the Swiss had the winger skating with Brenden Morrow and Mike Richards in the third period.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/2010wintergames/Fighting+words+Talent+testosterone+take+over/2593394/story.html

Yeah, so indifferent that he set Crosby up twice in prime scoring positions....in the first period.

Textcritic
02-21-2010, 02:31 PM
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/2010wintergames/Fighting+words+Talent+testosterone+take+over/2593394/story.html

Yeah, so indifferent that he set Crosby up twice in prime scoring positions....in the first period.

Is part of the problem with this team the optics that surround Sidney Crosby? I mean, no doubt, he is Canada's best player, but Stanley Cup or not, he is still not even 23-years-old. When Canada won in Salt Lake, Lemiuex was clearly the leader of the team, and as great as he was in that tournament, he was not Canada's best player. His presence deflected pressure from Sakic, Yzerman, Iginla, and others, and that is not something that has taken place in Vancouver. Ideally, Niedermayer and Iginla should be leading this team; so far, Niedermayer has been very disappointing and Iginla has been stuck on the bench for much of the time. The amount of pressure this places on Sidney Crosby is quite possibly affecting his ability to play the way he is capable of. In my opinion, Niedermayer needs to step up, and Iginla needs to be given the chance to do the same.

Ice
02-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Yes, I'm an American Flames fan. I'll be going for the U.S. but I'm not getting my hopes up! I'd be ecstatic if they could come back with a bronze.

When the U.S. is eventually ousted, I'm team Canada all the way.

This is me as well, Canada is my second favorite team. Today's game is huge. We've taken over a pizza place and are having a huge game watch. Its going to be great fun, but I don't really expect Team USA to pull an upset. It would be awesome if they did though.

I'm OK with the game being on MSNBC, because it will start on time, we'll see the entire game and not be pre-empted by figure skating. The only drawback is that there isn't an MSNBC Hi Def on DirecTv.

getbak
02-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Does anybody know what has to happen for Canada to finish first overall? I'm too out of it to figure that out this morning.

edit...oh its actually simple...a regulation win over Usa, Russia beats czechs in regulation, and sweden finland go to OT.

http://www.iihf.com/en/channels10/olympics-2010/home/men/format.html
Canada holds all the tie-breakers over Czech/Sweden/Finland. So, if Canada wins in regulation; Russia wins or the Czechs win in OT; and the Sweden-Finland goes to OT, Canada would be ranked first.

d_phaneuf
02-21-2010, 02:46 PM
I like Kesler with Kane and Ryan from a Team Canada perspective

He is a great shutdown guy and has played great against Crosby in the past, but if he is with those two thats not exactly a shutdown line

valo403
02-21-2010, 03:00 PM
This is me as well, Canada is my second favorite team. Today's game is huge. We've taken over a pizza place and are having a huge game watch. Its going to be great fun, but I don't really expect Team USA to pull an upset. It would be awesome if they did though.

I'm OK with the game being on MSNBC, because it will start on time, we'll see the entire game and not be pre-empted by figure skating. The only drawback is that there isn't an MSNBC Hi Def on DirecTv.

Hopefully, that hasn't been the case for the previous Canadian games.

OILFAN #81
02-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Hopefully, that hasn't been the case for the previous Canadian games.

The other games were on time on CNBC. The Swiss game started on there and then switched over to MSNBC when curling finished.

Art Vandelay
02-21-2010, 03:11 PM
This may have been posted here earlier, but I just saw it for the first time.

GO CANADA!!!!

tYoTJItSPt0

valo403
02-21-2010, 03:16 PM
The other games were on time on CNBC. The Swiss game started on there and then switched over to MSNBC when curling finished.

I've had to watch every game on DVR so the channel moving doesn't really work for me. Pain in the ass.

Diet Water
02-21-2010, 04:03 PM
So if the top line doesn't have any points half way through the game should we expect to see Morrow up there?

Seems every other guy on the 4th line had their chance.

Rjcsjc62
02-21-2010, 04:14 PM
So if I have this right Canada can finish 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th or 6th.

And 6th place (if we lose in regulation today) means Germany tuesday with winner playing Russia Wednesday.

Based on Rhettzky's post I ve got:

1. US/Can/Fin/Swe
2. US/Can/Fin/Swe
3. Russia
4. Cze/US/Can/Fin/Swe
5. Cze/US/Can/Fin/Swe
6. Cze/US/Can/Fin/Swe
7. Slovakia
8. Switzerland
9. Belarus
10. Norway
11. Germany
12. Latvia

Fire
02-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Russians in the quarterfinals would not be cool. We better win.

HotHotHeat
02-21-2010, 04:23 PM
So is Iginla even playing?

I'll also add this - If Iginla continues to get mistreated the way he is, I'll be cheering against them come the medal round. How does a guy that dominates the first game get scratched in the third? Unbelievable.

Yamer
02-21-2010, 04:29 PM

I'll also add this - If Iginla continues to get mistreated the way he is, I'll be cheering against them come the medal round. How does a guy that dominates the first game get scratched in the third? Unbelievable.

I don't think he has been mistreated at all.

flip
02-21-2010, 04:34 PM

Post of the year. We all had a good laugh at your expense.

Rubicant
02-21-2010, 04:36 PM

I love Iginla and all but....

Canada >>>>>> Iginla.

Kaine
02-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Go USA! :D

For the inevitable trolls, birthplace > current living place despite the latter being an amazing place to live.

flip
02-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Go USA! :D

FfvB - vBulletin is such a wonderful addon for firefox not only does one not have to read Kaine's post but you also don't have to read his post when they are quoted a bunch of times.

Erick Estrada
02-21-2010, 04:45 PM

I don't understand where all this 'indifferent' play talk comes from. There were other players struggling a lot more than Iginla. I didn't even think he played that bad.

Kaine
02-21-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't understand where all this 'indifferent' play talk comes from. There were other players struggling a lot more than Iginla. I didn't even think he played that bad.

Biggest reason I've been scratching my head with the BS excuses as to why Iggy was demoted. If they didn't want him playing on the line then say so, but instead they trotted out the excuses about his "lackluster play" when for the first game and a half (before he was demoted) he was by far the best player on the top line. I thought Iggy was playing quite well considering.

Disappointing but not surprising anymore.

M_Gorgon
02-21-2010, 04:58 PM
This may have been posted here earlier, but I just saw it for the first time.

GO CANADA!!!!

tYoTJItSPt0

I thought that was a good watch. Thanks to our school systems I didn't learn anything new, but it's nice to see positive news for once.

PIMking
02-21-2010, 05:14 PM
usa! Usa! Usa! usa! Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa!
usa! Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa!

Jesse834
02-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Let's go Canada! Let's kick some American ass! I have been waiting for these game all day.

jayswin
02-21-2010, 05:32 PM
This game is on 210 (CTV) on shaw right?

Jesse834
02-21-2010, 05:34 PM
This game is on 210 (CTV) on shaw right?

Game is on CTV. Starts at 5:40 PM MT Time.

HotHotHeat
02-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Post of the year. We all had a good laugh at your expense.

Laughing at what?

flip
02-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Laughing at what?

Your dramatics and the hilarity of your post about Iggy being "mistreated" and you disgracing the allegiance that you have for your country just because Iggy might not get 20 mins of ice time.

AvsJerk
02-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Here's to a good game! Go Stastny & GO Team USA!

HPLovecraft
02-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Go Canada-land!

Henry Fool
02-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Go Canada! Kick their sorry asses!

Yamer
02-21-2010, 05:42 PM
A Sea of Red in Vancouver....amazing.

Go Canada!

Hemi-Cuda
02-21-2010, 05:44 PM
i have to say those American jerseys look awesome, very Miracle on Ice vibe to them

CgyFlamesftw
Is it just me or did anyone notice iginla doesnt have the "A" on his jersey..?

chalms04
A Sea of Red in Vancouver....amazing.

Love it!

Oxygen-Supply
02-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Is it just me or did anyone notice iginla doesnt have the "A" on his jersey..? yep

HPLovecraft
Is Canada playing the New York Rangers?

3 Justin 3
GO CANADA GO!!

Scott Niedermayer sucks.

CgyFlamesftw
02-21-2010, 05:46 PM
yep

Why? i thought he was one of the assistants captains.

Machiavelli
Oh god, down 1-0 already.

CMPunk
Wow.....brutal...put in Luongo

IceMan
lol great start.

DownInFlames
ugh

3 Justin 3
Well that was quick.

Jesse834
Crap... 1-0 USA.

LockedOut
Ugh terrible start for Canada. 1-0 USA.

Joborule
Put Iggy on the first line!

AvsJerk
Woo-Hooo!!!

3 Justin 3
02-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Good job Nieds, you tipped it in you idiot.

Eastern Girl
:blink:

.... still lots of time Canadians, get it back!

Jayems
lame

IceMan
Crosby puts the US up 1-0.

chalms04
fuuuuuu-- get it back boys!

jayswin
What the hell kind of coaching is that? You're trying to get chemistry going on the top line, so you take Richards off 20 seconds in and put Bergeron on there for a face off? :blink:

HPLovecraft
Brodeur looks as if he's going to continue his trend of coming up small in big games...

PIMking
way to go Brian.

Machiavelli
And who was on the ice? The new wonder line.

MRCboicgy
02-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Wow. Sid with an own goal.

3 Justin 3
Oops, Crosby tipped it, I thought it was 27 not 87. Dammit, Crosby.

dissentowner

I noticed that too, must have stripped him off it. Babcock is a ######!

pepper24
If Iginla was on the Crosby line instead of Richards, it would have be 1-0 Canada instead.

Texas Blueliner
That was a very physical sequence. Thanks to Sid for spotting us a goal.

CokeMachineGlow
if iggy was on the ice that wouldn't have happened

Smell My Finger
Nice no challenging the shot Bergeron. Well done Babcock. Your name is fitting.

3 Justin 3
Iggy playing with Morrow and Toews. I hope they light it up.

Textcritic
02-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Hmmm.... The Iginla line with some pressure.

pepper24
Brodeur looks as if he's going to continue his trend of coming up small in big games...

Minus the 3 Stanley Cups and Gold Medal game in 2002........

CMPunk
super shaky

Texas Blueliner
Whoah, almost got another one. Good hustle by Callahan.

CMPunk
Minus the 3 Stanley Cups and Gold Medal game in 2002........

What has he done for us lately?

Kaine
02-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Wooooo USA 1-0!

Lookie which line was on the ice for Canada, the line Iggy wasn't "good enough" for. Looks good on them ;)

Pronger looks awful so far.

megatron
Horrible start. They look disorganized and like a deer in the headlights.

CMPunk
Great saves by Miller

Smell My Finger
Good shot by the Kid

MRCboicgy
02-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Nice hit by Nash

HotHotHeat
Your dramatics and the hilarity of your post about Iggy being "mistreated" and you disgracing the allegiance that you have for your country just because Iggy might not get 20 mins of ice time.

I guess I'd better be a better Canadian for you then.

Smell My Finger
Nice perimeter play Nash. Nash is so soft.

Machiavelli
Getzlaf ran Miller....

Oh boy.

burning_acid1
Another lucky goal off a deflection...

jayswin
if iggy was on the ice that wouldn't have happened

I realize you're being sarcastic, but it was the player playing in Iginla's position (Bergeron) who didn't challenge the shot whatsoever, which was one of the reasons the goal was scored.

IceMan
crap goalie interference on Getz.

Texas Blueliner
02-21-2010, 05:52 PM
They are just throwing everything they can at Brodeur.

3 Justin 3
Kesler pushed the goalie in, not Getzlaf, bah!

zarrell
Pretty sure Chris Rooney is an American. How is he allowed to ref this game?

Stanley
02-21-2010, 05:54 PM
I noticed that too, must have stripped him off it. Babcock is a ######!

If that's the case then seriously that's some BS....fkin Gagcock...

MRCboicgy
Yah, great hit from Doughty--bit late tho

gargamel

As an Flames fan from the U.S. who was rooting for Canada, my allegiances to Team Canada are fickle enough for this to make a difference to me. USA! USA! USA!

Jayems
jesus sloppy pronger

jayswin
02-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Get off the ice Pronger, you blow.

3 Justin 3
Pronger is teh suck.

Machiavelli
Pronger should be kicked off the team for playing stupid....

and for being Pronger.

Hemi-Cuda
wow Pronger you are a ######. very lucky to not be down 2-0

mikey_the_redneck
Are Bell ExpressVu subscribers missing sound right now??

W-T-F?!?!?!

Texas Blueliner
Huge save from Marty

MRCboicgy
For those of you who didn't see the thread regarding the rotating A's

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=87402

3 Justin 3
Going to the PP, send out Iginla!

Oh wait...

Texas Blueliner
02-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Ugg, follow through high stick...bad break for the US.

burning_acid1
02-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Are Bell ExpressVu subscribers missing sound right now??

W-T-F?!?!?!

My sound is fine.

MRCboicgy
02-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Iggy, Sid, Nash on the PP

Jayems
Iggy out on the PP

robocop
Can someone please explain to me why Iggy isn't on Crosby's line? Please, it's like I'm in the twilight zone here, the chemistry was there in the first game and now it's taken away, someone explain this to me.

DownInFlames
Alright, let's score on the PP!

chalms04
Crosby, Stills, and Nash back together for the PP

3 Justin 3
Wow, f*** me, it is Nash-Iggy-Crosby on the PP.

Jayems
oh nash....

IceMan
At least Iggy is getting some PP time with the top line.

Joborule
Iggy on the PP. Time to repeat the hat trick performance.

CGY12
Nash is brutal

Texas Blueliner
02-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Wow, Callahan is playing out of his mind right now!

Smell My Finger
Nash is nothing more than a puck hog.

socalwingfan
Wow Nash has no desire at all

jayswin
Frack, that was probably Iginla's one chance to score or set up a goal. Now he'll be done.

HPLovecraft
02-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Yeah, Nash looks much better than Iginla out there.

Texas Blueliner
Great clear by Miller.

Smell My Finger
Boyle ate 20 seconds standing there.

Jayems
Really, you can't tell the difference between Luongo and Brodeur?

3 Justin 3
Luongo just played the puck. Oooh again he played it. Exciting to see we have 2 goalies!

BlackArcher101
Quit passing into the opposing guys skates who is only a meter in front of you!!!!

Machiavelli
Goal!!!

burning_acid1
goal!!

Mtt48
Wooooo

MRCboicgy
WOOT! Staal

LockedOut
Tie 1-1

Joborule
02-21-2010, 06:00 PM
0-0

DownInFlames
Stahl!

FlameFan21
Staal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smell My Finger
take that Yanks

IceMan
YA!!!! Staal!!!!

Jayems
mmmmmm goooooooaaaaaaallllllllllllllllll

3 Justin 3
YEAA!!
GOAL!!!

Eric Staal?

Jesse834
Eric Staal tip daddy. 1-1.

chalms04
Stall!

jayswin
Wow Nash has no desire at all

I just hate how Nash does things like that, and it has no bearing on anything. Whereas, a guy like Iginla is auditioning with every little mistake or shift with no scoring chances, and he gets demoted very quickly.

Stanley
I was just going to say that looked eerily similar to a Flames PP...

burning_acid1
02-21-2010, 06:01 PM
let's keep pushing with that momentum!

HPLovecraft
Staal!

Machiavelli
Gah, Brodeur.........

2-1 USA

DownInFlames
Oh c'mon!

3 Justin 3
We give it right back.

LockedOut
Arggh brutal.

IceMan
well that didn't last long...

Joborule
Brouder, you suck man.

MRCboicgy
Wow, that was dumb

FlameFan21
Well, that didn't last...

AvsJerk
WooHooo!!! Right back.

Jesse834
Eff Me. 2-1.

burning_acid1
put on luongo... PLEASE

chalms04
fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Texas Blueliner
Lazy pressure at the point there.

And right back at ya!...that puck just rolled its way in.

Hemi-Cuda
ok Brodeur you suck, get Luongo in there

HotHotHeat
Hate to say it...But you gotta put Loungo in.

jayswin
Brodeur, just play like this matters. Don't do stupid **** in such an important game.

CMPunk
Fata Brodeur.....:mad:

Jayems
02-21-2010, 06:02 PM
awful attempt at stopping a puck. c'mon brodeur, you're better than that.

Bertuzzied
Does anyone else want the Crosby Nash line to fail without Iggy on there?

Infamous1
Wow Brodeur what the heck??

PIMking
take that Yanks
:confused: oops

Stanley
wow, nice going Brodeur...

HPLovecraft
What the eff is Brodeur thinking? Oh God, that was embarrassing.

Yamer
Oh, that's why Langenbrunner is there....

burning_acid1
Does anyone else want the Crosby Nash line to fail without Iggy on there?

They're -2 right now.

CMPunk
Pull Marty he doesn't care

CGY12
Luongo in

MRCboicgy
I think Brodeur doesn't trust his D-men and he wants to do too much

3 Justin 3
02-21-2010, 06:03 PM
I hate to say it, but I'd put Luongo in there. Broduer not calm at all. Way too aggressive.

BlackArcher101
Not sure I fault Brodeur entirely on that. He had plenty of time to set back up for the shot, but was screened on it. Too nit picky on the fact he did what he did before that shot.

Mtt48
Brodeur, stop flopping around... I know Luongo and Kesler are around, but it's just not you!

Bertuzzied
They're -2 right now.

I know. Yahooooo!

CMPunk
I think Brodeur doesn't trust his D-men and he wants to do too much

He's just all giddy he can play the puck

Jesse834
Bench Pronger's arse!

Hemi-Cuda
02-21-2010, 06:04 PM
no way does Brodeur deserve to play the next game after this. Luongo, while not exactly having a tough time against Norway, is still flawless so far while Brodeur has crapped the bed here. sucks to say but we may need the greasy wonder in net to have a chance at gold

burning_acid1
Brodeur is leaving his net and trying to do too much.

Machiavelli
Can someone quickly sum up the minuses? I don't know where these stats are...

Joborule
USA is doing really good right now. Just shooting at will on Brouder and have the Canadian D rushing around.

Stanley
Bouwmeester's good stick/reach would be clutch right now...that and Luongo's fundamental approach to goaltending...

Bertuzzied
02-21-2010, 06:05 PM

Crosby+Nash-Iginla=Suck

Mtt48
If greaser goes in net I'll just be anti-Canada

CokeMachineGlow
USA is outplaying out playing us as well as getting better tending... that needs to change

3 Justin 3
I wonder who is greedier? Nash or Bourque?

robocop
02-21-2010, 06:06 PM
leave the worst goaltender in and keep the best line so far in the Olympics from playing together, this is extremely frustrating.

Stanley
Nash is about as strong on the boards as Dustin Boyd...

Machiavelli
Well, the Nash-Crosby line looks pretty good now.

Texas Blueliner
ooh, Iggy almost had it all alone to the goal there.

Dogbert
02-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Crosby+Nash-Iginla=Suck

Iginla wasn't on for the goals. Richards was.

PIMking
Nash is about as strong on the boards as Dustin Boyd...
who is this Dusto err damn you beat me to it

chalms04
Another sloppy breakout lead by Brodeur handling the puck, hmmm

Machiavelli
02-21-2010, 06:08 PM

Crosby plus Nash MINUS Iginla.

robocop

It's a minus sign, and I agree, and will continue to complain until someone explains why the hell Iggy isn't on that line.

Texas Blueliner
Stasny is going to be pushed around all night by the Canada Dmen

jayswin
Crosby+Nash-Iginla=Suck

You need to read the +/- in his post. :whistle:

burning_acid1

Crosby's line was on when USA scored both goals, and he was off when Canada scored. So all I know is that he's -2

MRCboicgy
02-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Canada dominating the play now. Time to cash in

Texas Blueliner
Ice sure is lopsided right now. Miller comes up big!

Infamous1
Canada is playing better now. The US have a lot of scrappy guys but our D is far superior and should take over.

3 Justin 3
We're getting a tonne of chances, as long as we can play defense we should come back.

HPLovecraft
02-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Canadians are pouring it on.

Stanley
I want someone to get Dioned....oh wait...

Dogbert
It's a minus sign, and I agree, and will continue to complain until someone explains why the hell Iggy isn't on that line.

I see that now. Forgot Brodeur's gaffes, though.

Machiavelli
Iginla looks really good with the puck.

Mtt48
iggy we love you!

Hemi-Cuda
02-21-2010, 06:11 PM
ok Pierre, it's the Olympics not the goddamn world juniors. we don't need to know the draft position of the players on the ice

DownInFlames
Great shift by Iggy.

PIMking
I hope to see that out of Iggy when he gets back to calgary!

IceMan
Great couple of chances their for Iggy. This line has been really good so far, go figure.

starseed
Iggy is back on the top line. Crosby/Nash moved to the second.

Texas Blueliner
Canada is going to have 50+ shots at this rate. Miller is going to have to channel Richter if the US is going to have a chance.

3 Justin 3
McGuire needs to stfu. God I hate hearing about his man crushes, aka "I WANT TO FATA JOHNSON SO HARD HIS EYES POP OUT".

burning_acid1
Hopefully Iggy doesn't get shafted from time on ice after what we've seen so far this game.

robocop
I want to know why we don't have the same players on the ice when we won 8-0. I really do, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Get Brodeur the hell off and put Iggy back on with Crosby, am I the only person here who feels like punching a wall?

jayswin
02-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Wow, nice shift by Iginla there. They were out there for exactly 13 seconds. How many people want to bet they're off when the game comes back from commercial?

chalms04
I want someone to get Dioned....oh wait...
The Russia game was earlier

3 Justin 3
Iggy just made #3 on the USA his bitch. Pushed him away and just skated with the puck.

chalms04
02-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Weber! Suck it Kesler.

burning_acid1
What the heck Perry? Just fire it clean! You had a horrible angle for that

Machiavelli
Iginla's line has done the best job of classic cycling the puck rather than the pond hockey the rest of the lines tend to are trying to play.

And Perry with his d-bag spinorama move again.

chalms04
Too fkn fancy there Perry, back to basics boys.