PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Cleaning

4X4
09-16-2009, 01:20 PM
I had my carpets cleaned yesterday by this old dude with his own machine. His name is Rudy and his number is 403 242 3104

He did a great job and it was cheaper than renting a machine from Safeway and hauling it around myself, although I live in an apartment, so he only charged me $40. But I'm sure he does houses for relatively cheap as well. And he does restaurants and other commercial space.

Dude got red wine stains out and got rid of the smell left behind by my cute little pup's accidents. Plus, he bragged that his OCD technique of going over it 100x would make the carpets dry faster and he was right (quite obviously). My carpets were dry within a few hours.

The guy is pretty old, so I doubt he's got the internet savvy to post something like this himself, so I figure that by posting it for him, I'm doing a good deed for the day.

Madman
09-16-2009, 01:54 PM
It's nice that Reggie found something to do in his spare time.

Shazam
09-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Rug Doctor's still about $100 to rent if you need to get the supplies, isn't it?

4X4
09-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Rug Doctor's still about $100 to rent if you need to get the supplies, isn't it?

I remember Safeway charging ~$50 for 24 hours. I think that was after buying a bottle of cleaner stuff.
But those things look like toys compared to this guy's rig. This thing was clearly a commercial machine. And the time spent renting and returning, and doing the job myself... I was more than happy to pay Reggie $40.

chid
09-17-2009, 06:55 PM
thanks for sharing this 4x4 I know every few months its nice to get a good clean especially now with the puppy leaving his 'presents' around the house for me. I'll definitely give this man a call.