PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill Vol. 2 DVD

Ro
08-11-2004, 10:39 PM
For those of you who haven't yet purchased the DVD or seen the movie, it's worth a rental. Especially for a look at the much-hyped fight scene between Bill and Michael Jai White.

The scene is about 3.5 minutes long, and shot in the same Shaw Bros. style as the Pai Mei scene. White sounds a little corny, but the fight sequence is wicked. At one point, the White character and Bill engage in hand to hand combat, each with one hand behind his back. And White's death is pretty gruesome as well.

One would assume its logical place in the movie would be either right before the Pai Mei sequence or right after, and after watching it, you have to wonder why QT cut it. Either way, after seeing it, Bill's reputation as a deadly assassin is strengthed. Cool stuff.

BlackArcher101
08-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Is it included in the movie itself or as a bonus on the dvd in the deleted scenes section. Just wondering if my download is going to include it.

Five-hole
08-11-2004, 11:53 PM
I just watched it. I think the reason they cut it is for added tension towards the final showdown. Personally I think it's really cool that the only fighting you see Bill do is the quick fight with Bea.

Ro
08-12-2004, 12:10 AM
It's in the bonus section. Not included in the movie.

True five-hole. Only gripe I might have is that Bill is supposed to be a sort of grand master, and that is only alluded to in the movie. That scene serves as proof that he can really kick some ass. The climactic scene is pretty epic, but not exactly in the battle to the death sense. I would imagine that if you felt tension all throughout the movie, and were expecting a 10 minute long duel at the end, you may be somewhat disappointed you never got to see Bill do some killing.

But yeah, picking apart KB is useless. As Roger Ebert recently said on the Tonight Show, it's easily the best movie of the year so far.