PDA

View Full Version : True Blood....if you're not watching it, you should be!!

Pages : [1] 2

VANFLAMESFAN
06-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Does anyone here watch True Blood?? I just watched the Season 2 premiere and it blew me away. I thought it was fantastic.

If you don't know of the show, it's a new show on HBO from Alan Ball, the guy behind American Beauty and Six Feet Under.

On the surface, the show sounds pretty silly, but it's much more than what it seems. It's a show that takes place in the deep south of Louisiana and it involves a world in which vampires have "come out" and become members of everyday society. There is a sythetic drink called Tru Blood which provides the vampires with sustinence, but of course there are the bad apples who neglect this and feed on humans. There's also a love story involving a human and a vampire who does his best to "mainstream" and become a contributing member of the little town of Bon Temps. In Season One, there was a serial killer on the loose and much of the season was dealing with that.

Season two opened right where one left off and it didn't miss a beat in the opening episode. Can't wait for this Sunday.

Anyone else watch it.

Oh and Anna Paquin is the main star and she has no reservations about showing some skin!!!

NSFW..... http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/celebrity-gossip/2009/06/17/true-blood-anna-paquin-naked/forget-twilight-and-robert-pattinson-vampire-tv-series.html

http://musingcontinuum.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/trueblood.jpg

Angelamc
06-17-2009, 08:12 PM
A huge fan of Six Feet Under, and Dexter. I came across True Blood a few months ago, watched the entire season in two nights. Fabulous... I caught the season 2 premier the other night. Strange seeing Paquin being so hot , I remember her winning award for The Piano as a young girl. I have little time for TV shows, but sacrifice time to watch True Blood.

BlackArcher101
06-17-2009, 08:34 PM
I downloaded season 1 yesterday, I'm already on episode 11. At 55 minutes apiece... it means I have too much time on my hands.

Excellent show. Love Miss Paquin too ;)

bigtmac19
06-17-2009, 08:38 PM
I just started watching Season One as well.

Great show!

VANFLAMESFAN
06-17-2009, 08:40 PM
I downloaded season 1 yesterday, I'm already on episode 11. At 55 minutes apiece... it means I have too much time on my hands.

Excellent show. Love Miss Paquin too ;)

That's impressive......my ultimate TV watching record involved all five season of Six Feet Under in 2 weeks.

drewboy12
06-17-2009, 08:40 PM
4 good reviews... I guess ill check it out, tho it does sound terrible..

VANFLAMESFAN
06-17-2009, 08:41 PM
4 good reviews... I guess ill check it out, tho it does sound terrible..

Oh, I was so relunctant to try it, I was thinking "oh man, another vampire show.....BORING!".....but it's so much more than that and it's very well written.

Also, it's the highest rated HBO show since Sopranos and Sex And the City.

Check that, the Season 2 premiere was the highest rated HBO program since the finale of the Sopranos and up a whopping 151 percent from the Season 1 premiere!! WOW!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/true-blood-ratings-fangstastic.html

BlackArcher101
06-17-2009, 11:54 PM
That's impressive......my ultimate TV watching record involved all five season of Six Feet Under in 2 weeks.

All caught up now :)

Igottago
06-17-2009, 11:58 PM
I just subscribed to HBO so I'll be sure to check it out.

GreenTeaFrapp
06-18-2009, 12:34 AM
I love the show but I find Bill to be an annoying character.

BlackArcher101
06-18-2009, 01:00 AM
What I do find annoying is how easy Sookie get's pissed off and is constantly flipping back and forth between decisions. Come to think of it... quite a few characters are tainted by this trait as well. Seems like all it takes is one sentence and WHAM... an argument and conflict ensues.

I_am_Beast
06-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Love that show!

I download the entire season 1 in HD, and season 2 ep 1 awsome! totally hooked!

Can't believe the one chick from star Trek "Ro" is hot as well..... this season looks like to be fun...

GreenTeaFrapp
06-18-2009, 04:50 AM
I didn't think the first episode of season 2 was that great. I'm not a fan of the Jason joins the crazy church storyline while Bill and Sookie bickering over what he did was boring also.

BlackEleven
06-18-2009, 07:25 AM
I watched the first 3 epsiodes a while back and gave up. Didn't really do it for me. Does it get better or if I didn't like it by now, I won't like the rest?

Boblobla
06-18-2009, 07:51 AM
LOVE IT.

Just was the 2nd season premiere. So awesome.

User Name
06-18-2009, 08:45 AM
I watched the first 3 epsiodes a while back and gave up. Didn't really do it for me. Does it get better or if I didn't like it by now, I won't like the rest?

Thats exactly like me... think I made it about 5 episodes in, didn't see what all the hype was about? When does it get good?

mykalberta
06-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Does anyone here watch True Blood??

...blah blah blah...

Oh and Anna Paquin is the main star and she has no reservations about showing some skin!!!

NSFW..... http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/celebrity-gossip/2009/06/17/true-blood-anna-paquin-naked/forget-twilight-and-robert-pattinson-vampire-tv-series.html

I was disinterested until I read that. Now I must leave work early and start up ye olde bt.

Russic
06-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Thank you for the thread ... I'm always looking for shows to download. I'll give it a look.

Boblobla
06-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Thats exactly like me... think I made it about 5 episodes in, didn't see what all the hype was about? When does it get good?

If you didn't like it after that many episodes, then you probably won't. I was hooked after the first episode.

Boblobla
06-18-2009, 11:36 AM
I was also a fan of all the Sookie bewbs at the end of the episode.

cKy
06-18-2009, 11:52 AM
my gf has read all the books in the Sookie series, and besides a few character differences, the show stays pretty true to the book, which is a plus.

Out of the crap that is on TV right now, this one is tops. Only deadliest catch and Wipeout beat this. :P

VANFLAMESFAN
06-18-2009, 12:05 PM

Yeah, if you gave it a fair shot and didn't like it after three episode, you're probably not gonna like it. I think it really picks up around ep 6ish, but I was really into it from the first episode. They always end an episode on a great cliffhanger that leaves you wanting more.

chid
06-18-2009, 12:11 PM
We were discussing this in another thread, but I watched the first season sometime last year and have been eagerly waiting for Season 2, gotta say the shape shifting aspect of the show is sort of blah, but I am in love with the set and the location. The first reason I got into the show was for the theme song by Jace Everett (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxINMuOgAu8)

VANFLAMESFAN
06-18-2009, 12:17 PM
We were discussing this in another thread, but I watched the first season sometime last year and have been eagerly waiting for Season 2, gotta say the shape shifting aspect of the show is sort of blah, but I am in love with the set and the location. The first reason I got into the show was for the theme song by Jace Everett (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxINMuOgAu8)

Oh, the theme song and intro montage is awesome, I love it. The shape shifting thing I agree, is a bit silly, but if I can accept vampires, I guess I have to accept shape shifters.

llama64
06-18-2009, 01:36 PM
My wife is addicted to this new form of Crack for Women. What is it with romance literature and vampires? Seriously... what the hell?

That said, it's pretty good (unlike a certain series that features vampires that SPARKLE). The use of vampires to explore racism and social alienation of minority groups is effective and refreshing. Especially considering it's set in the deep south.

If only I could get over "Schoooookie". God that drives me up the wall.

burn_baby_burn
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Another hit from HBO. Love the series. Jason Stackhouse is a great character. I was shocked to find out that the actor is Australian.

GreenTeaFrapp
06-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Another hit from HBO. Love the series. Jason Stackhouse is a great character. I was shocked to find out that the actor is Australian.

I know. Jason is probably my favourite character on the show. Hard to believe the leads on this show are a Kiwi-Canadian and an Aussie.

burn_baby_burn
06-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Opening Credits for True Blood.

vxINMuOgAu8

Clever_Iggy
06-18-2009, 02:32 PM
What I do find annoying is how easy Sookie get's pissed off and is constantly flipping back and forth between decisions. Come to think of it... quite a few characters are tainted by this trait as well. Seems like all it takes is one sentence and WHAM... an argument and conflict ensues.

This. True Blood is "okay" for me... but I don't quite understand why the writers have to create instant conflict between characters - all based on one act/sentence and then the next episode, everything is fine again.

To me the whole series hasn't really moved forward at all. Sometimes I find that they are chasing too many storylines and not developing them well enough. A season +1 episode later, all the characters are pretty much in the same place they were before.

I do enjoy the overarching story lines of the seasons (season 1 - the serial killer; season 2 - the vampires keeping prisoners). I just think they could do more of this rather than jumping around so much.

looooob
06-18-2009, 05:27 PM
so as a huge six feet under, dexter etc fan I have no doubt I'll enjoy this show, so have started pvr'ing season 2...but completely missed season 1. am I going to need that to follow along?

Boblobla
06-18-2009, 06:24 PM
so as a huge six feet under, dexter etc fan I have no doubt I'll enjoy this show, so have started pvr'ing season 2...but completely missed season 1. am I going to need that to follow along?

Yes.

You will have no idea what is going on in S2 as it picks up right where S1 ends.

VANFLAMESFAN
06-18-2009, 08:45 PM

Yeah, you will be so lost, there's really no point unless you catch Season One.....go to blockbuster, they rent out the discs.

chid
06-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Yeah its literally right where the season finale of season 1 ended, I watched that finale a while ago and still watching the first episode of season 2 needed to refresh what was going on.

Peanut
06-19-2009, 04:49 PM
So I was with a group of people and none of us had seen the show before. We jumped into an episode that was airing and BAM random vampire getting a BJ from another guy in the middle of other vampires carrying on a normal conversation?? It was a little awkward in the group/social setting (when nobody had seen the show before) to just jump into watching male-on-male vampire action. So I guess it's worth noting that the show is a bit "racy". ;)

I might check out the Season 1 DVDs, I keep hearing good things about it.

jammies
06-19-2009, 09:44 PM
I've been stuck at home a few days so I broke my long-standing rule and watched this; I actually watched all 12 season 1 episodes in a row from Wednesday midnight till Thursday noon...

It's good, but could be so much better. As someone mentioned, people seem to go off all crazy after someone else makes a reasonably inoffensive remark, and after a while it seems awfully artificial. You can also tell that different writers have been at the material, and some episodes have a much different feel than others, for better or worse.

I also don't like the way some of the characters are portrayed: "Sookie" seems way too naive for someone who (spoiler ahead!) has been reading thoughts all her life. "Tara" (who btw is hotter than hell) is too much the schizo and it doesn't ring true, while "Luke" is more a caricature than a person. Again, though, different writers treat the characters differently and it creates many of the inconsistencies, so maybe all that is needed is for the producers to really crack down and make sure everything goes according to one vision and not a dozen.

GreenTeaFrapp
06-19-2009, 09:49 PM
while "Luke" is more a caricature than a person.

Who is Luke?

jammies
06-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Who is Luke?

Vader's son?

I meant Jason, not sure where Luke came from. Crazyland, I suspect.

Ironhorse
06-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Their ad campaign has been pretty funny.

http://mandymadrox.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/true-blood-1.jpg

missdpuck
06-20-2009, 09:07 PM
All sex and gore aside I'm surprised so many guys like this show!

burn_baby_burn
06-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Whats Bill going to do? He looked pretty mad.

GreenTeaFrapp
06-22-2009, 09:40 AM
I thought last's nights episode was MUCH better then the season premiere. Lafayette in the dungeon, Jason at the creepy cult camp, Bill buying clothes were all great scenes. Sookie's an idiot for taking Jessica home though.

burn_baby_burn
06-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Pretty gory scene when Lafayette used the artificial hip from the torn off leg of his dead cell mate to escape. You just know that Jason is going to end up nailing the wife of the minister from that church. Bill refusing to accommodate the sheriff (can't remember his name) about using Sookie to help find the people responsible for killing Vampires was very odd. Like the Sheriff said, "I can just take her if I want". What option does Bill have? He can cooperate, or the other vampires will just take her. If Bill try's to stop them they will either kill him, or punish him like they did after he killed the vampire who was stealing from Fangtasia. I'm sure the punishment will be a lot more severe than being saddled with another Jessica.

VANFLAMESFAN
06-22-2009, 02:14 PM
I didn't think last night's episode was great. It had some solid moments.....Lafayette trying to escape was great. Can't wait to see what happens at Jessica's old house.

I'm a little confused and maybe I'm missing something here. This dates back to last season. After Bill got all burnt up from being in the sun, then was put into a grave. then he shows up at Sookie's doorstep and says "I fed".......who did he feed on?? Are we supposed to think he had something to do with Miss Jeanette's death?? I at first thought it was Lafayette he fed on, but we know that can't be true. So is he hiding something?? I'm surprised there was almost nothing in last night's episode about the murder investigation.

GreenTeaFrapp
06-22-2009, 02:19 PM
^Wasn't it Sookie's perv of an uncle that he fed on?

VANFLAMESFAN
06-22-2009, 02:21 PM
^Wasn't it Sookie's perv of an uncle that he fed on?

No, he killed Uncle Bartlett a long time before that episode. He killed Bartlett the same episode as Grann's funeral, or the episode after because that's when we learn how he used to touch Sookie. Sookie told Bill, Bill went behind Sookie's back and killed him and threw him in the river.

burn_baby_burn
06-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Who knows? He could have fed on anybody. I think they wanted us to think it was Layfayette. Obviously it wasn't. Speaking of Layfayette. Will he be dead? Or are they just going to feed on him like they do with the other Fang Bangers?

VANFLAMESFAN
06-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Who knows? He could have fed on anybody. I think they wanted us to think it was Layfayette. Obviously it wasn't.

yeah, but its pretty interesting because Bill said he hadn't fed on a human for a long time and had grown accustomed to Tru Blood.

GreenTeaFrapp
06-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Crazy episode last night. WTF was that thing that attacked Sookie? And how did the new blonde survive it, if that's where her scars came from?

I thought the Jason storyline was pretty boring though.

burn_baby_burn
06-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Crazy episode last night. WTF was that thing that attacked Sookie? And how did the new blonde survive it, if that's where her scars came from?

I thought the Jason storyline was pretty boring though.

Great episode. The Minotaur attack was very odd. The Vampires feel that Sookie is very valuable with her ability to read minds. Maybe the Minotaur is a enemy of the Vampires and wanted to kill Sookie to keep her from helping the Vampires. The part with Lafayette, Sookie and Eric was pretty predictable once Sookie found Lafayette in the basement of Fangtasia.

I thought the Jason storyline was hilarious. Especially when he was having diner with Steve and Sarah. The way he was holding his fork almost made me wet my pants.

The storyline around Maryanne is very interesting. I have no idea where that is heading. I wonder if that is somehow related to the Minotaur?

Jessica is starting to become more interesting as well.

chid
06-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah I was definitely interested in the Jessica sub plot this week, its getting better.

So did LaFayette not become a vampire then? Did they just feed on him and throw him back down in the dungeon?

I am also confused about Marianne and the Minotaur and whether or not they are related, its very odd!

Great episode, they keep getting better.

Clever_Iggy
06-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Very good episode - two in a row, actually.

I'm definitely becoming more and more of a fan. Lots of longer sustaining story-lines and arcs. Too bad it's taking a week off next week.

Did anyone watch "Hung" after? I thought it was pretty good/funny.

Clever_Iggy
06-29-2009, 10:15 AM
G Maybe the Minotaur is a enemy of the Vampires and wanted to kill Sookie to keep her from helping the Vampires.

The storyline around Maryanne is very interesting. I have no idea where that is heading. I wonder if that is somehow related to the Minotaur?

Now I thought either Marianne or her butler was the Minotaur and Sookie was attacked for trying to get Tara to move away from Marianne. I actually thought this was quite obvious, but maybe I'm assuming too much...

burn_baby_burn
06-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Yeah I was definitely interested in the Jessica sub plot this week, its getting better.

So did LaFayette not become a vampire then? Did they just feed on him and throw him back down in the dungeon?

I am also confused about Marianne and the Minotaur and whether or not they are related, its very odd!

Great episode, they keep getting better.

Lafayette is definitely not a Vampire. When you become a Vampire you would be healed immediately. He looks pretty banged up and weak from getting fed on by three Vampires as well as the gun shot wound.

I found the whole attraction to Jessica a little odd once the guy found out she was a vampire. So far in the show they have shown plenty of females being attracted to male vampires. Aside from Sookies first trip to Fangtasia, I have not noticed any males being attracted to female Vampires without being glamored. One would think that it would be gross since the female Vampire would be ice cold.

I PVR'd Hung but have not watched it yet.

burn_baby_burn
06-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Now I thought either Marianne or her butler was the Minotaur and Sookie was attacked for trying to get Tara to move away from Marianne. I actually thought this was quite obvious, but maybe I'm assuming too much...

That could very well be the case. I had actually forgot that Sookie had asked Tara to move in with her. When I first saw the Minotaur I assumed it was a shape shifter. Then I thought, well the shape shifter must touch the being that it is shifting into. With Maryanne, she seems to have all sorts of powers so you never know what she is capable of.

Clever_Iggy
06-29-2009, 10:32 AM
That could very well be the case. I had actually forgot that Sookie had asked Tara to move in with her. When I first saw the Minotaur I assumed it was a shape shifter. Then I thought, well the shape shifter must touch the being that it is shifting into. With Maryanne, she seems to have all sorts of powers so you never know what she is capable of.

Ya... Maryanne/Marianne seems to be pretty powerful with her ability to control people and the fact that Sam is scared of her (running away). That's why I thought her butler was the Minotaur doing the bidding of Maryanne. But that doesn't really explain the other waitress that went swimming with Sam at the end that has the claw/bite marks...

The Jessica storyline is getting better... I think the attraction between her and that guy was more fueled by desperation than anything - the guy really wants to meet a nice girl and has become accepting of vampires and Jessica wants a "normal" life.

chid
06-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Jessica is just a young teen as well, she probably loves the attention seeing as she doesn't get much from Bill.

I initially thought the Minotaur was the cook for Marianne but then Daphne (the new waitress at Merlottes) had the same claw marks on her back and that threw me for a loop.

burn_baby_burn
06-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Jessica is just a young teen as well, she probably loves the attention seeing as she doesn't get much from Bill.

I initially thought the Minotaur was the cook for Marianne but then Daphne (the new waitress at Merlottes) had the same claw marks on her back and that threw me for a loop.

I think Jessica had every intention of feeding untill that guy made her feel speacil.

When the Witch Doctor (or whatever she was) was treating Sookie at Fangtasia she removed something from the wound made by the clawmark from the Minotaur. Maybe that was some sort of seed or something that helps Maryanne control the person. Maryanne could be controling Daphne to keep Sam from running away. Or to control him some how. Daphne shows up out of nowhere just before Sam was about to take off.

Boblobla
06-29-2009, 11:39 AM
I don't think we are going to find out much about the creature until nearer to the end of the season, they seem to like keeping you wondering.

Has anyone read the books? I am about to start on the first one, I have heard they are pretty good and a nice easy read.

Clever_Iggy
06-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Has anyone read the books? I am about to start on the first one, I have heard they are pretty good and a nice easy read.

There are books? Are you sure they're not the Stephanie Meyer series - Twilight et al.?

Boblobla
06-29-2009, 12:52 PM
There are books? Are you sure they're not the Stephanie Meyer series - Twilight et al.?

http://blondierocket.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dead-until-dark.jpg

There are 9 books. The first one covers the first season. Apparently they follow the story pretty close on the show. I am just about to start reading the first book.

Clever_Iggy
06-29-2009, 12:59 PM
http://blondierocket.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dead-until-dark.jpg

There are 9 books. The first one covers the first season. Apparently they follow the story pretty close on the show. I am just about to start reading the first book.

Cool. Thanks. Kinda like the Dexter books I imagine.

chid
06-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Cool. Thanks. Kinda like the Dexter books I imagine.

I'm just on the second Dexter Book ( Dearly Devoted Dexter) definitely an easy read, I'm hoping to move onto the True Blood series next.

VANFLAMESFAN
06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
I found the whole attraction to Jessica a little odd once the guy found out she was a vampire. So far in the show they have shown plenty of females being attracted to male vampires. Aside from Sookies first trip to Fangtasia, I have not noticed any males being attracted to female Vampires without being glamored. One would think that it would be gross since the female Vampire would be ice cold.

I'm pretty sure that's the same guy who asked Sookie at the end of Season 1 if Bill knew any single vampire chicks for him. He said he didn't care about vampires. Sookie joked as to what his mama would think. He lives with his mom and made reference to it in the last episode. I'm pretty sure it's the same guy.

BlackArcher101
07-06-2009, 02:30 AM
I wonder what the disappearing pig at the party meant.

Was there a new episode this week?

burn_baby_burn
07-06-2009, 10:27 AM
No episode this week. The pig is some how associated with Maryanne. Whether it is her or not, I'm not certain.

BlackArcher101
07-13-2009, 02:18 AM
Pretty good one. Really like how the show always continues from where it left off in the last episode... very seamless. Unlike some other tv show that airs on Sunday's (I'm looking at you Entourage).

Boblobla
07-13-2009, 08:02 AM
I am getting a little bit bored of Mary-anns parties, alright, we get it, you can make people want to dance and have sex. I did like the claws though right at the end.

I am really starting to warm up to Jessica though, she is pretty funny.

burn_baby_burn
07-13-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm starting to wonder where the storyline is going with Jason, Sarah and Steve. At first I assumed that Jason and Sarah were going to get it on. Now I think that it will be Steve that actually makes the pass at Jason. They are making the whole attraction thing with Jason and Sarah to obvious.

VANFLAMESFAN
07-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Wow, that was a messed up last couple minutes, but that was cool seeing Maryann with the claws.......

The Sam-Agnes angle is gettting very interesting and True Blood never ceases to throw a new twist in there. Awesome ending, can't wait to see the connection between Sookie and the other mind reader.

True Blood has by far the best cliff hanger endings......it's literally every episode.

jammies
07-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Episode 4 is on again tonight for those (like me) that missed it.

Clever_Iggy
07-16-2009, 01:46 PM
True Blood has by far the best cliff hanger endings......it's literally every episode.

Like a Hardy Boys book... every chapter was a cliff hanger. :bag:

This season has been awesome. Way way better than the first, but in hindsight, I'm glad they took their time developing characters in the first season. I criticized the pace before, but now the show has a good foundation to move quicker.

VANFLAMESFAN
07-16-2009, 01:53 PM
I've been re watching some Season 1 episodes as I just bought it......I thought this when I first saw it, but good god, when Sookie is sitting at the table after the funeral eating grann's pecan pie and she cries for the first time........that was ana amazing scene. Anna Paquin was just perfect in that.....

I love this show.

GreenTeaFrapp
07-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Anna Paquin should have been nominated for an Emmy.

VANFLAMESFAN
07-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Anna Paquin should have been nominated for an Emmy.

Yep, at least nominated, she won the golden globe a few months back for True Blood.

burn_baby_burn
07-21-2009, 05:03 PM
This weeks episode was pretty interesting. I like when they flash back in time to show the vampires when they were human. I had also been wondering if or when Bill's maker would come back in the picture. Didn't figure it would be so soon.

chid
07-21-2009, 06:28 PM
As soon as I saw Bill's maker, I thought to myself "great the episode is over and I have to wait a whole week now" GRR cliff hangers..

Five-hole
07-22-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm really interested to see what happens with Bill's maker. So far every vamp has been beholden to their maker ... Pam never refuses Eric's requests, and even Jessica does what Bill says when he actually issues a command. Bill's been pretty anti-authority so far ... I wonder what she'll want?

Also, did anyone notice that the "minotaur" silhouette when Sookie was attacked looked exactly like the silhouette of Maryanne when she wandered off from the party to do her ecstasy-inducing ... whatever it is?

Boblobla
07-22-2009, 07:52 AM
I really don't like the Jason storyline. They seemed to throw together the marriage trouble for the last episode. I know they have been building to a sexual confrontation but last week seemed to be the only week there was trouble with their marriage. I mean, he has been there for dinner a bunch and he has been living there for a while, you would have thought we would have seen trouble earlier.

I was a huge fan of seeing Godrick.

I HATE the Tara story line, I find myself very frustrated with her all the time.

I just finished the first book and she isn't even in it. It was awesome.

DuffMan
07-23-2009, 12:45 PM
ha ha, Godboy getting the Happy Ending from the preachers extremely hot wife was funnay.

BlackArcher101
07-27-2009, 02:33 AM
Another good one... things are starting to fall in place, make more sense... and yet I have even more questions. Great show.

Boblobla
07-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Am I the only one who is disappointed we haven't really got a good view of Tara boobs? They look quite nice I want to to see them.

DuffMan
07-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Am I the only one who is disappointed we haven't really got a good view of Tara boobs? They look quite nice I want to to see them.

agreed, more boobs, please.

BlackArcher101
07-27-2009, 09:28 AM
agreed, more boobs, please.

The orgy wasn't enough?

burn_baby_burn
07-27-2009, 10:55 AM
My wife figures that it was the other Telepahic who allerted Sarah and Steve about Sookie coming to infiltrate the Fellowship of the Sun Church. Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't it seem like bad writing to have the Fellowship of the Sun try to abduct Sookie and Bill at the airport. Then to try to have Sookie infiltrate the same church that already knows she exists? Unless the abduction attempt at the airport was just to capture vampires and they had no idea who Sookie was.

BlackArcher101
07-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't it seem like bad writing to have the Fellowship of the Sun try to abduct Sookie and Bill at the airport. Then to try to have Sookie infiltrate the same church that already knows she exists? Unless the abduction attempt at the airport was just to capture vampires and they had no idea who Sookie was.

Yep, Leon was sent to abduct the human (Sookie) and the two vampires on the flight. He said though that he didn't even know that the human was to be a woman and didn't know the name. Still possible that the Fellowship of The Sun knew who she was though.

Some possibilities:
- Hugo is part of the Fellowship and has had enough of waiting around for Isabelle to turn him. Not a clear motive though.
- Isabelle doesn't intend on turning Hugo and feels he is dispensable, so sends him on a suicide mission to inflitrate the Fellowship. No clear motive though.

Frankly, I have no idea... that's why I love the show.

jammies
07-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't it seem like bad writing to have the Fellowship of the Sun try to abduct Sookie and Bill at the airport. Then to try to have Sookie infiltrate the same church that already knows she exists?

Yah I wondered about that as well - once the attack happened, if it was me running things, I'd assume Sookie was compromised and was no longer useful as part of any covert operations against the Church. The first thing they should be doing is finding the traitor who is giving the enemy such detailed information, a task which Sookie should be able to help them much more effectively with.

I rather sympathize with the aims of the Church anyway, if not their motivations or methods. If there actually were vampires, and if they acted as portrayed in the series, I would want to bring them completely under human control and exterminate those who resisted as well. The vampires clearly consider themselves above human law, and that can't be reconciled with peacefully co-existing, especially as the vampires also make humans subject to their laws, an asymmetric power relationship that the humans should (and in reality, definitely would) be resisting and attempting to overturn.

VANFLAMESFAN
08-03-2009, 11:24 AM
True Blood fails to disappoint again last night. What a great episode. The show does nothing but make me wanna tune in next Sunday. Another great ending, and what happened to Jason?? Was that for real?? It seemed like it might have been a dream in the way it was filmed, but who knows.

BlackArcher101
08-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Some possibilities:
- Hugo is part of the Fellowship and has had enough of waiting around for Isabelle to turn him. Not a clear motive though.

Called it :D

Good show last night. I wait on baited breath for the next one.

iggypop
08-03-2009, 05:44 PM
That was a wicked episode. Man, Godric looks like a badass.

Matata
08-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Finally got caught up from the start. To criticize, I thought the mind-reading was a little too much at first. Episodes 3-8 got consecutively worse and I nearly gave up. The first Season ended on an up-swing and season 2 has been much better, more like the R-rated, southern-fried Buffy I was hoping this show would be. Buffy also didn't get good until the second season, it takes a lot of work for these shows to introduce characters and develop the mythology, then the fun begins.

Glad I stuck with it, any show with an unholy orgy gets my stamp of approval.

Wookie
08-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Just plowed through them after seeing this thread awhile back. Entertaining show. Thanks OP and others.

Minotaur creeps me out a lot.

burn_baby_burn
08-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Pretty good episode last night. Jason getting shot with a paint ball gun was kind of lame. I thought the pistol looked bizarre at the end of the previous episode, I just figured it was a tranquilizer gun so he could be brought back to serve some sort of punishment.

Personally, I am finding Sookie more and more annoying. She keeps bitching and whining to Bill like he is a regular guy, which he obviously is not. She also seems to get pretty cocky with the other vampires which to me is pretty much like playing Russian roulette with 3 bullets.

VANFLAMESFAN
08-10-2009, 11:14 AM
"I reckon I've been to heaven......it was inside your wife!!"

That line just made the season for me.

Great episode last night and I was so mad at the cliffhanger ending. It's gonna be a long 7 days to find out what happens next.

GreenTeaFrapp
08-10-2009, 11:17 AM
There were some really great lines last night. The guy getting arrested for sodomizing a pine tree cracked me up. But that hunter souffle was revolting.

BlackArcher101
08-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Damn this show, why is it so good?

chid
08-10-2009, 07:38 PM
omg LUKE!! I can't believe the ending of this week's episode!

jammies
08-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Personally, I am finding Sookie more and more annoying. She keeps bitching and whining to Bill like he is a regular guy, which he obviously is not.

She is getting pretty annoying, but Bill is probably enough to drive any woman crazy - why can't he just SAY what he has been doing and what is happening without all the drama and misdirection? Would it have been so hard to tell her, "My maker prevented me from coming to you at the behest of Eric; I think he wants you for his own and I intend to fight him as best I can so that never happens." No, he has to hem and haw and let her imagine scenarios far worse than anything that he is theoretically trying to "spare" her.

They are both getting dumber by the episode: Sookie the whiny witch, and Bill the 150 year old emo kid.

JerzeeGirl
08-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Who watched last night????? The whole Sookie & Erik thing was just awesome....as was the Godric bit - I'm getting more impressed as the season moves along...such good writing so far!

burn_baby_burn
08-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I want to know how old the Vampire is that is always on the news. From watching the show, there is a pecking order based on age and who made who. She seems to get a lot of respect or has a lot of authority. If Godric is over 2000 years old, how old is this chick?

BlackArcher101
08-17-2009, 03:19 PM
I want to know how old the Vampire is that is always on the news. From watching the show, there is a pecking order based on age and who made who. She seems to get a lot of respect or has a lot of authority. If Godric is over 2000 years old, how old is this chick?

I don't think she's that old, but yet has a sense of authority since she's the "face" of the vampires on TV. She played that card when told that she couldn't remove Eric from his position as Sheriff. Eric said "You don't have that kind of power" and the Cold-hearted vampire bitch replied "Hey I'm on TV, try me".

It seems she holds the PR/HR department role.

Five-hole
08-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Sad ending. :(

chid
08-17-2009, 04:19 PM
definitely a more emotion-filled episode, this Maryanne plot is getting so messed up !

Daradon
08-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Well I've only watched the first season so I'm trying to keep my eyes off the spoilers, but I do have to say watching this show sure makes me jones. I wanna drink blood, do drugs, and call up half my exs...lol Coincedently it was one of them who told me to start watching it.

Clever_Iggy
08-17-2009, 06:26 PM
I don't think she's that old, but yet has a sense of authority since she's the "face" of the vampires on TV. She played that card when told that she couldn't remove Eric from his position as Sheriff. Eric said "You don't have that kind of power" and the Cold-hearted vampire bitch replied "Hey I'm on TV, try me".

It seems she holds the PR/HR department role.

That's what I thought too. The hierarchy seems to be based both on age and appointment/election status. I'm sure that will be the source of several tangents/storylines. Is the guy that sentenced Bill to "make" Jessica the supreme leader/large area leader (like a sheriff) because of age or some other reason?

Another question I have that was referenced to with the Godric storyline: is the effect of time on vampires. Godric said that (paraphrasing) "at my age, I don't require much blood to sustain myself" in an episode 2 weeks ago. Then last week (yesterday's) episode when he was about to face the sun, he said (paraphrasing) "at my age it [the sun] won't take long [to kill him]." Any ideas? Are vampires immortal or do they just have an extended life cycle (2000+ years)?

The Maryanne storyline is okay. I like the fact that it's ongoing (not just an episode or two), but it's definitely not as exciting as the vampire stories, IMO.

Five-hole
08-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Another question I have that was referenced to with the Godric storyline: is the effect of time on vampires. Godric said that (paraphrasing) "at my age, I don't require much blood to sustain myself" in an episode 2 weeks ago. Then last week (yesterday's) episode when he was about to face the sun, he said (paraphrasing) "at my age it [the sun] won't take long [to kill him]." Any ideas? Are vampires immortal or do they just have an extended life cycle (2000+ years)?

Probably immortal. In the Anne Rice novels, the reeeally old vampires barely fed at all which is kind of like True Blood. Another parallel is when Eric healed Lafayette he mentioned the strength of his thousand-year-old blood. Unlike the Anne Rice novels though, old vampires in True Blood light on fire real quick-like (and remember Bill spent quite a bit of time in the sun) whereas Anne Rice's were almost resistant. Her old vamps could also fly.

jammies
08-17-2009, 06:54 PM

I'd assume that the idea is that they become more and more "supernatural" as they get older; they don't need as much mundane nourishment in the form of blood, they become more powerful, but also are more vulnerable to the sun as their physical form is almost completely subsumed.

The Maryanne storyline is okay. I like the fact that it's ongoing (not just an episode or two), but it's definitely not as exciting as the vampire stories, IMO.

Sam is my favorite character so I keep hoping he'll get more screen time; I'd like to see him defeat Marianne on his own but I have a feeling Sookie and Bill will return before the end of the season and help destroy her.

-edit- I think Lafayette needs more screen too, his scenes are almost always either hilarious or kick-ass.

Machiavelli
08-23-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm almost done the first season and while it is pretty interesting, I find a lot of it very slow-moving, which gets frustrating.

DuffMan
08-24-2009, 09:26 AM
This show is kind of reminding me of Buffy, with a good mix of humor and serious moments.

GreenTeaFrapp
08-24-2009, 09:31 AM
This show is kind of reminding me of Buffy, with a good mix of humor and serious moments.

Other then the vampire storyline, I don't find it is much like Buffy at all. The tone is far darker, the characters are far more complex and flawed, and there are next to no fight scenes.

Pastiche
08-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Just finished the first season of this show.

Started strong, ended terribly. The last episode of the first season was comically bad.

Someone mentioned in this thread what the problem is and that's using different writers with varying degrees of skill. Lots of inconsistencies with the plot and the characters which ended up boiling the show down to melodramatic female porno. I also am left wondering if they had a contest between writers or designers to see how cheesy they could make vampire settings be? The Fangtasia bar is just laughably cheesy as was the location of the tribunal (of which there was no tribunal just one guy).

I hope the second season looks up but this show has been decidedly tossed onto the pop-culture junk heap for mass consumption. That's there prerogative to ensure it makes tonnes of money. Oh well, a good opportunity wasted.

DuffMan
08-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Other then the vampire storyline, I don't find it is much like Buffy at all. The tone is far darker, the characters are far more complex and flawed, and there are next to no fight scenes.

and no Sarah either. plus this has a continuing storyline whereas, with Buffy it was a new dilemma every week.
I just mean, scenes like where Stackhouse, is preparing his weapons to go into the diner, and, actually, all of the scenes with Stackhouse at the diner. Especially when he was pretending to be the God and the cop had to hold a branch behind him to pretend he had horns. that kind of humor reminds me of the humor in Buffy.

BlackArcher101
08-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Someone mentioned in this thread what the problem is and that's using different writers with varying degrees of skill. Lots of inconsistencies with the plot and the characters which ended up boiling the show down to melodramatic female porno.

You actually think there are lots of inconsistencies with this show?

DuffMan
08-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Something else, last night I kind of watched through the credits, because i liked the song, but then after that was an advert for Hung, and then there was this 15 minute program on called the vampire News. It was pretty funny. Not sure if anyone else has seen it, or if it on every week?

VANFLAMESFAN
08-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Something else, last night I kind of watched through the credits, because i liked the song, but then after that was an advert for Hung, and then there was this 15 minute program on called the vampire News. It was pretty funny. Not sure if anyone else has seen it, or if it on every week?

They usually show it when there's plenty of space in between shows either before or after True Blood. They're usually different and sometimes funny, but for me the schtick has kind of worn off. Those little adverts kinda bore me now. There's a bunch of them on Season 1 on the dvds.

JerzeeGirl
08-24-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm just p!ssed that they ended the show so early last night that they needed to run another "Vampire Report".....and there are only 2 or 3 more shows left in the season....*argh*

Machiavelli
08-24-2009, 04:34 PM
I don't find any of the main characters likable, which bothers me.

Matata
08-24-2009, 04:39 PM
and no Sarah either. plus this has a continuing storyline whereas, with Buffy it was a new dilemma every week.
I just mean, scenes like where Stackhouse, is preparing his weapons to go into the diner, and, actually, all of the scenes with Stackhouse at the diner. Especially when he was pretending to be the God and the cop had to hold a branch behind him to pretend he had horns. that kind of humor reminds me of the humor in Buffy.

After season 2, buffy was all about the season long arcs: evil angel, adam, evil willow, the first evil. Both shows also have mythologies based on vampires, but branch out to include were-wolves, gods, demons, shape-shifters, etc.

I think this show is directly pandering to old buffy fans, who have grown older and maintain a 'tits or gtfo' attitude.

Just finished the first season of this show.

Started strong, ended terribly. The last episode of the first season was comically bad.

Someone mentioned in this thread what the problem is and that's using different writers with varying degrees of skill. Lots of inconsistencies with the plot and the characters which ended up boiling the show down to melodramatic female porno. I also am left wondering if they had a contest between writers or designers to see how cheesy they could make vampire settings be? The Fangtasia bar is just laughably cheesy as was the location of the tribunal (of which there was no tribunal just one guy).

I hope the second season looks up but this show has been decidedly tossed onto the pop-culture junk heap for mass consumption. That's there prerogative to ensure it makes tonnes of money. Oh well, a good opportunity wasted.

All good points. However, this show offers a mix of vampire fantasy, southern US and unholy orgies that you just can't get anywhere else. I almost quit on the first season, but I'm finding the second to be outstanding, I recommend sticking it out since you've come this far.

GreenTeaFrapp
08-24-2009, 04:42 PM
I don't find any of the main characters likable, which bothers me.

Even Jason or Sam? I find them the most likable on the show.

DuffMan
08-24-2009, 04:43 PM
I skipped the first season. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Machiavelli
08-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Even Jason or Sam? I find them the most likable on the show.

Jason, not really. Too stupid.

But yeah, I guess Sam is alright.

I just don't get why the chicks have to yell and scream at the slightest provocation. I guess that's part of the whole character development thing but I still find it grating, especially in those accents.

Clever_Iggy
08-24-2009, 04:58 PM
You actually think there are lots of inconsistencies with this show?

I think the show is pretty consistent week-to-week... or at least Sookie's character is consistently horrible and unbelievable and Anna Paquin is consistently a terrible actress.

Machiavelli
08-24-2009, 05:01 PM
See, that's it --- I want to like the show, but if I can't stand the main character, how can I truly enjoy it?

I don't know if I'll watch the second season.

Edit: Oh, and another thing - the characters barely react to those close to them getting killed. Jason's at work one day and just goes "I can't believe Rene (sp?) killed so many innocent people," all nonchalant. Wasn't one of those people his grandmother?

Clever_Iggy
08-24-2009, 06:03 PM
I don't know if I'll watch the second season.

I will say that the second season absolutely blows the doors off the first season. After watching both, I can say I'm happy the writers took time to develop the characters so much in the first season because in the second season some of the characters really take off.

However, in the second season, you'll continue to scream at Sookie's character, hope that Bill sinks his teeth in a little too long and be amazed that an actress can actually devolve as she grows older (from Piano to present).

Machiavelli
08-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Okay, I will give it a chance then. Watching the first eppy now.

jammies
08-24-2009, 09:05 PM
I think the show is pretty consistent week-to-week... or at least Sookie's character is consistently horrible and unbelievable and Anna Paquin is consistently a terrible actress.

But, on the other hand, she lets us see her naked. And I have to say given the choice between a great actress who would not be naked, and a poor actress who is, I'd have to go with option B, 'cause this isn't the kind of show where great acting is going to take it to the next level - it's a gory soap opera with vampires, witches, and crazy people.

chid
08-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Are women in real life any more consistent than Sookie? The weird mood changes and sudden outburts seem pretty normal to me..

Clever_Iggy
08-25-2009, 09:26 AM
But, on the other hand, she lets us see her naked. And I have to say given the choice between a great actress who would not be naked, and a poor actress who is, I'd have to go with option B, 'cause this isn't the kind of show where great acting is going to take it to the next level - it's a gory soap opera with vampires, witches, and crazy people.

I had this conversation with my fiancee on Sunday... she was complaining about how bad Anna Paquin is and I told her that at least she's showing some skin... not exactly a warm response to that comment.

VANFLAMESFAN
08-25-2009, 11:26 AM
I don't get the hate for Paquin. I think she is great and deserved the Golden Globe last year for Best Actress. The character calls for a really campy accent, people from Louisiana are generally not the sharpest tools in the shed. Or they they at least come off that way. I think she has absolutely nailed the character. If you hate Sookie, that's fine, but to rip on Anna Paquin is just ignorant. She's been fantastic.

Machiavelli
08-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Just finished getting entirely caught up.

I know they're engaged, but Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer have terrible on-screen chemistry, and 'Bill' is acted in the worst possible way. But Alexander Skarsgard (Eric)....he's hot, and he and Paquin work really well together.

GreenTeaFrapp
08-28-2009, 08:27 PM

I know they're engaged, but Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer have terrible on-screen chemistry, and 'Bill' is acted in the worst possible way.

Bill might be my least favourite tv character around right now. He either bores or annoys the hell out of me whenever he is in a scene.

DuffMan
08-28-2009, 09:35 PM

I know they're engaged, but Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer have terrible on-screen chemistry, and 'Bill' is acted in the worst possible way. But Alexander Skarsgard (Eric)....he's hot, and he and Paquin work really well together.

That Eric guy is pretty serious business in this show, but I could totally see him doing a Jim Carey goof role too. And I have no comment on if he is hot or not. I only like Paquin's boobs, those are hot.

chid
08-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Alexander Skarsgard was in Zoolander, hilarious in the gasoline fight!

2xXaYj33F0A

jammies
08-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Bill is supposed to come across as some kind of antebellum gentleman lost in the wrong century. That's why he has those deliberately annoying speech patterns and tendency to declare things instead of just fataing saying them. As far as I'm concerned, it's not the acting - it's the character that's the problem.

*spoilers*

Eric was better when he was more evil. I don't want to see him smiling or cuddling up with Sookie, even if it is only her dreams. He should be banging Sookie doggy-style in a vat of gore with her pony-tail in one hand and a riding crop in the other, not playing lovey-dovey pattycakes with snookums. He is supposed to the ultimate bad-ass, so he better start acting like one again!

Clever_Iggy
08-30-2009, 10:50 PM
The most recent episode has some of the worst acting I've ever seen on HBO. Whoever plays "the Queen" is simply the worst actress I've ever seen.

And this whole Jason is a paramilitary badass thing is just awful.

Come on True Blood, your start to this season was so good... now... ugh.

BlackArcher101
08-30-2009, 11:27 PM
The most recent episode has some of the worst acting I've ever seen on HBO. Whoever plays "the Queen" is simply the worst actress I've ever seen.

Haven't seen it yet... but I'm guessing it's Evan Rachel Wood. Damnit... Been waiting to see her debut.

Maybe it's not really the actresses acting poorly, but moreso the horrible roles they are being put into? I mean, an actress/actor can only do so much with what's given them. Maybe it's casting errors instead of acting.

I'll chime in again once I actually get to download it though, still waiting for a torrent.

chid
08-31-2009, 06:16 AM
didn't get to see the episode last night bc couldn't find a torrent.
I heard Evan Rachel Wood is in this season so she must be the Queen?
I don't think she is the greatest actress but I guess I'll decide once I see it.

DuffMan
08-31-2009, 07:34 AM
I didn't see last nights, but have it on pvr and will watch tomorrow. I didn't know who Evan Rachel Wood, so after I looked at her pics i read this...
"Thirteen" starlet Evan Rachel Wood, 21, (http://www.examiner.com/x-3366-Bisexuality-Examiner~topic163710-Youth?selstate=topcat) outed her 1,100-year-old vampire queen role as bisexual when she joins the sizzling hot cast (http://www.examiner.com/x-3366-Bisexuality-Examiner~y2009m7d23-Calvin-Klein-ad-criticized-for-promoting-bisexuality-and-its-replaced)of HBO's "True Blood (http://www.examiner.com/x-3366-Bisexuality-Examiner~y2009m8d13-True-Bloods-Ryan-Kwanten-bad-boy-hunk-plays-bi-in-play)" this Sunday (Aug. 30).
I can ignore the bad acting if she is playing a hot bisexual vampire woman.

Clever_Iggy
08-31-2009, 08:33 AM
Maybe it's not really the actresses acting poorly, but moreso the horrible roles they are being put into? I mean, an actress/actor can only do so much with what's given them. Maybe it's casting errors instead of acting.

Yes. It's Evan Rachel Wood. Perhaps it's bad casting over bad acting but the way she portrayed the Queen just made me groan. Every scene was the same. She tried to act elitist and refined and it came off as a high school play where the actor doesn't know what to do with her body after a line or when she's not speaking. White text (not really a spoiler but for courtesy): there's a sequence where after nearly every line Wood looks at her fingernails like she's preoccupied with them and they are more important than the conversation with Bill... it's the cheapest form of trying to look elitist and she kept doing it over and over... /rant.

And the whole Jason thing is driving me nuts. He used to be the cool, dumb, good ol' boy. Even the Christian angle was better than this. His character seems totally lost.

I don't know what happened. The season had about 10 great episodes... it's like the overall arch of the season was only written for 11 episodes but the contract required 13 so the writers just watered down everything.

I can ignore the bad acting if she is playing a hot bisexual vampire woman.

Trust me. You'll be disappointed. Bi-sexual is cool and all, but not when the majority of her bi-sexualness is trying to convince other characters to be bisexual. Bill... gross. Not even boob shots, orgies and bi-sexual vampires can save it.

JerzeeGirl
08-31-2009, 08:47 AM
Definitely the worst episode of the season, by a mile.

Felt the whole Evan Rachel Wood thing was boring - esp with the lead-in from the week prior (hello bloody dripping leg!). I've seen her interviewed since she filmed her role and she talked about how good it was and the only good thing I saw was her Day Room.

Jason is driving me nuts being as stupid as he is, and don't even begin to get me started on Tara!!!!

After last night I'm about ready for The God Who Comes to wipe them all out....

GreenTeaFrapp
08-31-2009, 09:05 AM
The best part of last night's episode was the insinuation that Sookie might have been manipulated by Bill from the start. I implore you writers of True Blood to make Bill Compton a villain so that I can rightfully detest his character.

VANFLAMESFAN
08-31-2009, 09:21 AM
Just so you know, the next episode of True Blood is the Season 2 finale and it's in 2 weeks. I guess HBO doesn't want their Sunday night lineup of True Blood, Hung and Entourage on while there's people away for the long weekend. Makes sense but it bloody annoying.

I agree with most. Pretty average episode and Evan Rachel Wood was terribly mis cast. Still.....can't wait for the finale and to see what happens with that damn egg.

Clever_Iggy
08-31-2009, 09:44 AM
The best part of last night's episode was the insinuation that Sookie might have been manipulated by Bill from the start. I implore you writers of True Blood to make Bill Compton a villain so that I can rightfully detest his character.

That would totally and completely redeem the entire series.

DuffMan
08-31-2009, 12:05 PM
That would totally and completely redeem the entire series.

Or if Sookie and the new queen hooked up.

Clever_Iggy
08-31-2009, 12:13 PM
Or if Sookie and the new queen hooked up.

So long as there was no dialogue.

DuffMan
08-31-2009, 12:26 PM
So long as there was no dialogue.

perfect.

jammies
08-31-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm just going to try to forget that episode ever happened. Brutal. Too many storylines already and then the writers try to put more in with that moronic Queen coming into the frame. I hope there's a bloodbath in the finale and some of the extraneous characters get axed in a definitive fashion.

GGG
08-31-2009, 08:52 PM
The whole Bonton plot this season has been pretty weak. I could have lived with this whole season being focused on Godric and the Christians having the season ender be when Godric died and Eric tricking Sookie into drinking his blood. Possibly throwing in the conversation between Eric and Bill that makes Bill possibly not be as noble as he seems.

The endless orgies and retarted people have gotten boring and the whole maynok's exist becuase they believe they are imortal is really stupid world development.

Matata
09-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Since Godric confirmed Jesus being alive, wouldn't Jesus best be described as a Maynok in this world? A preacher who brings people to him, performing miracles with faith.

The first time the term "Maynok' is heard is between Bill and the queen, cut to the detective calling it a Maynok next scene, followed by pretty much everyone else on the show. How did this happen? Did I bill take the time to text everyone? Nasty plot hole.

BlackArcher101
09-01-2009, 12:43 AM
I think Sam also figured out she was a Maynok.

Pastiche
09-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Who were the Maynok's followers when she first sacrificed the witch doctor? Another plot hole. Why did the Maynok wait so long to sacrifice Daphne and why did she prioritize Sam over Daphne for sacrifice?

Shoddy writing.

Clever_Iggy
09-01-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm glad people are on the same page as me re the shotty writing and plot holes/weak plot continuity. And it's all happened in the past couple episodes.

The last good episode was the one the finished with Godric holding up the Christian camp security dude after he attacked Sookie. Maybe the episode after.

GGG is right: if the writers would have finished with some combination of those things above or Godric dying, and Bill alluding to perhaps trying to control Sookie, the season would have been awesome. The Bonton side plot that became the larger plot sucks.

Wookie
09-01-2009, 09:17 AM
and the whole maynok's exist becuase they believe they are imortal is really stupid world development.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=78560

chid
09-01-2009, 09:21 AM
I agree that the Bon Temps sub plot is getting annoying, its just the same crap each week, people are crazy/big eyed and sexual. We get it.
The only redeeming character is Lafayette in that realm of the show.

jammies
09-01-2009, 09:35 AM
BTW I think it's "maenad" not Maynok. Which were somewhat as they are portrayed on the show, minus the trembling and the immortality and such.

Maenad. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maenad)

jeremywilhelm
09-01-2009, 09:40 AM
The other Shifter told Sam that it was a Maenad like 5 episodes ago. I found this last episode nearly impossible to watch. It was like it was written by terrible fanfic writers as opposed to the writers that did the first 10 episodes of the season. I can pin point the exact moment the show seemed to go awry. When Sookie is stupidly sucking the bullets out of Erics chest and he is smiling like a moron and she has no idea what is going on. At this point the show went from darkly humorous to weak-ass Sam Raimi wannabe.

Color me dissapointed at this point in the series.

Clever_Iggy
09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
The other Shifter told Sam that it was a Maenad like 5 episodes ago.

I thought Dafne only said that Maryann was a "god" or something along those lines. I don't recall her saying she was a Maenad. But I could be wrong.

jeremywilhelm
09-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I thought Dafne only said that Maryann was a "god" or something along those lines. I don't recall her saying she was a Maenad. But I could be wrong.

She said she was god, right before a commercial break. Probably to add suspense. Then she jumped into the water and started talking about handmaidens of Dionysis or Maenads, and that is what Maryann really is.

I just watched it again yesterday.

jeremywilhelm
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM

Spoiler:

well... if it follows the book at all, you are probably in for some fun!

Pastiche
09-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Also, Andy Bellefleur is a terrible character and the actor playing him is also terrible.

BlackArcher101
09-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Enough with the this and that actor/actress is bad talk, where did that start anyways?. This ain't a multi-million dollar movie here. At this rate, all the actors/actresses on this show won't meet anyone standards. And I thought Andy does a hell of a job... you sure it's not the character making you think that?

VANFLAMESFAN
09-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Also, Andy Bellefleur is a terrible character and the actor playing him is also terrible.

Chris Bauer is awesome. He was amazing in The Wire and once again, just because an actor is acting like an stupid idiot, doesn't make him a bad actor. His character is undoubtedly a stupid person, but Chris Bauer can act, there is zero doubt about that.

Pastiche
09-01-2009, 01:21 PM
I have seen him as Sobotka in the Wire and he was great.

That doesn't change the fact that he's awful as Andy Bellefleur, the most single-dimensioned character and acting I have ever seen on HBO.

jeremywilhelm
09-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Belleflour/Jason little tandem is beyond annoying at this point. Jason used to be stupid/funny he is now stupid/lame. And Andy's drunkeness is so weakly acted Im wondering where Chris Bauers' skills went.

DuffMan
09-01-2009, 01:40 PM
I can't wait to watch this latest epsiode I have pvr'd still, after all the rave reviews it has been getting.

Boblobla
09-01-2009, 01:55 PM
I can't wait to watch this latest epsiode I have pvr'd still, after all the rave reviews it has been getting.

Don't listen to these bandwagon jumpers. I enjoyed the episode. I love this show.

chid
09-01-2009, 02:11 PM
If you think there are so many terrible things about it, why are you still watching? I for one, love the show!

jeremywilhelm
09-01-2009, 03:25 PM
If you think there are so many terrible things about it, why are you still watching? I for one, love the show!

Because it was so fantastic before the last 3 shows that my hatred has not overwhelmed my dislike. Unlike for shows like 6 feet under.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Because it was so fantastic before the last 3 shows that my hatred has not overwhelmed my dislike. Unlike for shows like 6 feet under.

Are you insinuating Six Feet under got so bad as it went on that you stopped watching?? Are you kidding me?? Six Feet Under was amazing from Season 1 right thru to the finale which was maybe the finest finale in tv history.

I'm just curious, why did you stop watching?? SFU is my all time fav show.

GreenTeaFrapp
09-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Are you insinuating Six Feet under got so bad as it went on that you stopped watching?? Are you kidding me?? Six Feet Under was amazing from Season 1 right thru to the finale which was maybe the finest finale in tv history.

There were some lulls in SFU, no doubt. So many characters doing so many stupid things in the later seasons that it wasn't believable.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-01-2009, 03:55 PM
There were some lulls in SFU, no doubt. So many characters doing so many stupid things in the later seasons that it wasn't believable.

I can only really agree with the secret behind Lisa's disappearance as being being relatively unbelievable. To me, it seemed kind of forced and I was totally fine not knowing the whole truth about what happened to her. I don't need everything wrapped in a fine bow. I found Nate coping with that mystery and raising his daughter a lot more interesting.

jeremywilhelm
09-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Nate became such a whining ######bag that I couldnt stand seeing him onscreen anymore. The whole show was so insanely pretentious that I would get annoyed watching it.

Pastiche
09-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Six Feet Under was only good (not only good but downright amazing) in season 1. It crashed hard in season 2 and onward.

It went from a highly interesting character driven narrative to an evening soap overnight that was almost unwatchably bad when you accounted for how good season 1 was.

jeremywilhelm
09-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Six Feet Under was only good (not only good but downright amazing) in season 1. It crashed hard in season 2 and onward.

It went from a highly interesting character driven narrative to an evening soap overnight that was almost unwatchably bad when you accounted for how good season 1 was.

The show was great in the first season, beginnings of melodrama in the second and then third on was soooooo intensely horrible that I could barely struggle through an episode. I'll never understand how this show got 5 seasons and Dead like me was cancelled after 2 seasons.

Machiavelli
09-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Dexter is my all-time favorite show. Blows True Blood out of the water.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-02-2009, 02:15 PM

I'm going to go in the Dexter thread and say the exact opposite.

I love Dexter as well. Can be a bit campy at times, but it's pretty damn solid and Michael C Hall is amazing.

GreenTeaFrapp
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM

Dexter is up there with my favourite shows but I really miss Doakes.

Machiavelli
09-02-2009, 02:26 PM
By the way, I meant current favorite show. There's too many older ones that I absolutely loved to claim Dexter as my all-time fave.

Doakes was an interesting character; think they killed him off too early.

I'm not really a fan of the recent developments between Laguerta and Batista. But anyways, wrong thread really.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Dexter is up there with my favourite shows but I really miss Doakes.

I loved how he said the F-Word....he put so much mmmmphh into it.

GreenTeaFrapp
09-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Doakes was an interesting character; think they killed him off too early.

The problem was that they put themselves into a corner with him. How could he have lived if he knew Dexter's secret? Either he'd put Dexter in jail or he'd have to condone it which would eliminate the conflict he had with Dexter which is what made his character so great. But his storyline in season two was what made the season great.

chid
09-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I think I'm a tie between True Blood and Dexter

GreenTeaFrapp
09-02-2009, 02:50 PM

I'd take Dexter over True Blood because there are some actual intelligent characters on Dexter while everyone on True Blood seems to be the stereotypical dumb southerner.

chid
09-02-2009, 02:56 PM
I think I'm sort of fascinated by the dumb characters and that Southern drawl but I also really liked Doakes and the intelligence of Dexter, I like them both for very different reasons.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I'd take Dexter over True Blood because there are some actual intelligent characters on Dexter while everyone on True Blood seems to be the stereotypical dumb southerner.

You're clearly out to lunch if you don't think Sookie, Bill, Lafayette, Sam, Eric and Tara aren't interesting characters. I'll give you that they play on the stereotype of a dumb southener maybe a bit too much, but Christ, in a small town like Bon Temps, I'm sure there are the fair share of idiots.

VANFLAMESFAN
09-02-2009, 03:54 PM

I'll take Mad Men but those aren't far behind along with Entourage, Hung and Nurse Jackie.

GGG
09-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Don't listen to these bandwagon jumpers. I enjoyed the episode. I love this show.

Its not bandwagon jumping. Its having a show that had an amazing first season, an excellent political background built up to tell a long term epic story with fantastic allusions to racism issues in the south.

They bring in a fantastic Godric charactor. And you think the show is about to jump to a new level of awsome and in 3 episodes you go to that plot ending and a bisexual vampire saying that the 2 male vampires should **** eachother and blatent ###### nudity that has gotten so boring I am sick of it.

They have even screwed up the Bill's daughter plot which would have been good if the virgin guys mom hadn't been all black eyed.

Not only that the whole logic and mythology of their world is getting stupid from what the whole first season built up.

Alas, I will keep watching the show because the Eric, Sookie, Bill Dynamic and the Lafayette / Eric dynamics have great potential. I have hope for next year because all that is going to happen next week is sookie's powers are going to be explained a little bit better and Eric rather then Bill will save sookie because the Queen will have given Eric better information.

Metro Gnome
09-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Completely agree, above. True Blood is already coming close to jumping the Shark. The first season was excellent, but the second one is rapidly going down the drain. Some central characters are getting stupider or more manic. There is rapid cycling of periphery characters. The plot has gone from intriguing to downright ridiculous. And Bill Compton has been rendered completely impotent (how much time has he spent waiting around for other, "more powerful" vampires to let him do something or other?).

Then there's the writing. Plot devices are no longer symbolic or satiric, but...convenient. I mean, Sookie conveniently running into another psychic on her first jaunt outside of Bon temps? The "explanation" (yikes) for the "monad" (Maenad?) was incredibly groan inducing. The "Queen" introduced in the most recent episode was embarrassing from minute one.

As an aside, I recently completed the third season from Dexter. It's still excellent. If True Blood continues it's descent, there's no comparison between the two.

DuffMan
09-02-2009, 10:17 PM
I just finished this last episode and it was way better than what I was expecting. I'm going to keep watching.
I thought the queen was OK, I guess she still likes partying after 1000's of years.
I thought Jason was OK, and him explaiining his life was funny, re picking up girls... I have to work out like a mf'r everyday, and I watch a lot of porn to learn sh1t.
The thing that stood out to me as stupid was, handcuffing Tara to a leg of a coffee table she could've easily lifted up to free herself.
Sookie having her purse slung over her shoulder when she goes back to her old house, to find Tara.

GreenTeaFrapp
09-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Lame season finale. Whole lot of stupid stuff. The whole scene that ended with Andy covering for Jason was ######ed.

jammies
09-14-2009, 03:06 AM
I agree that this finale was underwhelming. Not nearly as bad as the last episode, but not good either. I did like the scene of the bull killing Marianne, but they wrote themselves into a corner with the whole town destroying itself, and then magically the next day people are just acting like it never happened and everything is back to more or less normal?

Next season there needs to be a focus on 2 or maybe 3 storylines, and that's all. Else it is likely to just putter off into nowhere.

Boblobla
09-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Lame season finale. Whole lot of stupid stuff. The whole scene that ended with Andy covering for Jason was ######ed.

Why exactly? It shows the emergence of a new friendship between two people who couldn't stand each other. I thought the interactions between Andy and Jason in the last few episode was great. Jason is soooo stupid and I love how he get all of his colloquialisms wrong.

I do hope next season they focus more on story lines from the books, rather than writing completely new stuff.

GreenTeaFrapp
09-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Why exactly? It shows the emergence of a new friendship between two people who couldn't stand each other. I thought the interactions between Andy and Jason in the last few episode was great. Jason is soooo stupid and I love how he get all of his colloquialisms wrong.

I thought it was stupid that they needed to cover it up. Eggs was standing over Andy with a big old dagger and Jason shot him. Why wouldn't that be justified? Especially when it's a police officer's word against a guy with a list of priors.

And why was Eggs advancing towards Andy like that? That made no sense either? His body language was that he was looking to attack him but his words were saying that he was looking for help.

I do hope next season they focus more on story lines from the books, rather than writing completely new stuff.

Next season I suspect will be about the Vampire Queen being the season's big villian that will be tied in with how she's selling her blood to humans. Hopefully, Bill won't be found until late in the season. Is it too logical that Eric was behind Bill's kidnapping?

VANFLAMESFAN
09-14-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm glad Maryanne is gone and we can now move on. I actually thought the last 20 minutes after Maryanne was gone and the people weren't in their brainwash was really strong.

The ending keeps me wanting more. When the guy came from behind Bill, I actually gasped. I guess I just didn't see it coming at all. Who is it?? Jessica was the only one who knew they were at a French restaurant, but it could really be anyone. I'll be watching next June for sure.

GreenTeaFrapp
09-14-2009, 10:25 AM
The ending keeps me wanting more. When the guy came from behind Bill, I actually gasped. I guess I just didn't see it coming at all. Who is it?? Jessica was the only one who knew they were at a French restaurant, but it could really be anyone. I'll be watching next June for sure.

Wouldn't Eric have known where Sookie, and therefore Bill, was?

VANFLAMESFAN
09-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Wouldn't Eric have known where Sookie, and therefore Bill, was?

Yep, that went right over my head. I never thought about that. But if last season's finale was any indication, it's not gonna be who you think. Everything about the Season 1 finale lead you to believe it was Lafayette in that car. But we all know what happened there.

Boblobla
09-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Yep, that went right over my head. I never thought about that. But if last season's finale was any indication, it's not gonna be who you think. Everything about the Season 1 finale lead you to believe it was Lafayette in that car. But we all know what happened there.

I am not sure the writers knew where they were taking that tbqh. In the books Layfayette is the one that is killed.

GreenTeaFrapp
09-14-2009, 10:39 AM
I am not sure the writers knew where they were taking that tbqh. In the books Layfayette is the one that is killed.

Oh, I bet they knew. They also knew that Lafayette was too popular to kill off but it's a great swerve since it goes against the story in the book.

Boblobla
09-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am glad he is alive. I was relieve when it wasn't him in the car. He is one of my favorite chars on the show.

Matata
09-14-2009, 11:20 AM
I was kind of hoping sookie would be walking back into a restaurant covered in Bill goo.

cyclone3483
09-14-2009, 11:30 AM
I'd love to watch the show, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.
:D

Machiavelli
09-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Bill is so lame. I hate....HATE his character. He's so weak he drips with weaksauce. Now Eric, him I like. Although I wish he was back to his evil arrogant self rather than the wuss he's becoming.

d_phaneuf
09-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Only thing I noticed that might be a hint as to who took Bill was that I think it was another Vampire.

The person who put the silver around his neck was wearing gloves so the silver didn't touch his/her skin

And I agree I think Eric is too obvious

chid
09-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Everyone seems to think it was Eric and yes the gloves totally gives me the impression it was another vampire, but I agree its way too obvious to be Eric after his conversation with the Queen.

Does this mean next season we won't see much of Bill Compton?

Clever_Iggy
09-14-2009, 06:00 PM
What a terrible finale and terrible final 5-7 episodes. The finale didn't sink to the levels that the previous episode did, but overall it was just horrible.

Jason's character is so terrible. I know he's supposed to play the dumb red neck, but screwing up phrases like that over and over is just such weak dialogue.

Thankfully Maryanne has been eliminated and won't have to be on the show anymore. If the writers bring in another lame super-natural character that creates 14 lame storylines, I'll be done with the show. Concentrate on developing the better characters - ie. Lafayette, Eric, Jessica, etc... Sookie, Bill, Tara, Sam, etc... have taken their terrible characters to their limits. Relegate them to supporting roles for awhile. In fact, go ahead and eliminate Sookie - the most lame, unbelieveable character in the series. Considering that the series involves shape-shifters, vampires and other mystical creatures, that's saying something.

/end rant

re Eric as the gloved kidnapper of Bill. I think the fact that Bill did not hear/react to someone else in the room would suggest that the person was a vampire and able to move quickly, or whatever. Perhaps it's not Eric, but it is as simple as another vampire doing Eric's bidding? Eric is the sheriff after all.

GreenTeaFrapp
09-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Only thing I noticed that might be a hint as to who took Bill was that I think it was another Vampire.

The person who put the silver around his neck was wearing gloves so the silver didn't touch his/her skin

The face that someone was strong enough to take Bill, means it wasn't a human that took him.

And I agree I think Eric is too obviousCould it be his maker? The Vampire Queen herself?

Clever_Iggy
09-14-2009, 06:06 PM
The face that someone was strong enough to take Bill, means it wasn't a human that took him.

Could it be his maker? The Vampire Queen herself?

Remember when Jason and that chick kidnapped that other vampire to steal his blood in season 1? It would suggest that the use of silver would allow a human to control a vampire... ?

The maker angle is interesting. Maybe she's in bed with Eric to get him back (she won't kill him, but will take him as a prisoner away from Sookie allowing Eric to save face with the Queen and have Sookie to himself).

d_phaneuf
09-14-2009, 07:36 PM
ya the maker would make sense, but she wouldn't need silver would she?

she overpowered him easily in the hotel earlier this season

But I think its more likely her than Eric

Five-hole
09-15-2009, 01:42 AM
I'm just glad the Maryanne storyline is over. God did that drag on too long. It felt like nothing happened for at least 3 episodes.

I'm hoping it's out of its slump and will be back with a force to start next season.

DuffMan
09-15-2009, 08:10 AM
I hope the preachers wife is back next season somehow. She's hot.

burn_baby_burn
09-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Anyone could have taken Bill. The gloves indicate that it could be a vampire. Allthough a vampire such as Eric wouldn't need silver to over power Bill. Could be fang bangers working on behalf of Eric or the Queen.

Boblobla
11-19-2009, 07:53 AM
I just finished the 9th book (most recent) in the series True Blood is based on and I highly recommend them. Pretty easy reading but I could not put them down. I am really excited to see how they convert to TV.

Some writers teasers for the next season:

http://truebloodnet.com/true-blood-season-3-spoilers-alan-ball-writers-reveal/comment-page-2/#comment-9645

Books:

http://www.amazon.ca/Sookie-Stackhouse-Copy-Boxed-Set/dp/0441018238/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258642262&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.ca/Dead-Gone-Charlaine-Harris/dp/0441017150/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

d_phaneuf
05-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Trailer for Season 3, 20 days away

liH_guI14l8

CRXguy
05-24-2010, 11:01 PM
oh snap!!!

3 Justin 3
05-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Damn. This season looks good!

Bring in the werewolves baby! w00t w00t!

VANFLAMESFAN
05-25-2010, 12:19 AM
NO SPOILERS

Just finished watching the first 3 episodes of Season 3. Working in media has its benefits. You get to be put on mailing lists for different tv stations and plenty of other stuff. I'm on HBO Canada's list and they sent me a 3 episode screener.

So far, so good. I really enjoyed it.

To those who liked Season 1 but were turned off by Season 2 like myself, don't give up on the show. There's no more weird Maryanne storyline dominating the show. There's no more long drawn out orgies going on. I really disliked Season 2. It was just too messed up. I know that's a hard thing to say seeing as how its a show about vampires, but in the world of True Blood, the crap in Season 2 was a bit much.

The first episode of Season 3 is great and kinda sets the tone for what we will see throughout. Werewolves look pretty cool so far but I fear people are going to start comparing Twilight to True Blood and that would just drive me nuts. There's a cool storyline involving Bill early in the season. Look out for a few laughs when he's dining with some uber rich and important vampires. Eric still kicks ass and Jason is being back to his stupid self, which is all good in my books.

So like I said, if you didn't like Season 2 and were going to stop watching, do yourself a favor and tune into the premiere on June 13th, you won't be disappointed. Now I'm just upset that I have to wait more than a month to see a new episode.

Also, if you haven't seen the finale of Season 2 recently and don't really remember, try to find a way to watch it. Be it on DVD(comes out tomorrow) or On Demand. There were a couple things I totally forgot about.

True Blood kicks ass again!!

d_phaneuf
05-25-2010, 01:02 AM
Glad to hear that, I really liked season 2 outside of the Maryanne stuff which just went on too long

Sookie, Bill and Eric in Texas was great
Jason with the fellowship was really good as well

VANFLAMESFAN
06-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Just a reminder True Blood fans, Season 3 gets going this Sunday. And to re-iterate my above post, if you liked Season 1, but didn't like Season 2, don't give up on the show. Season 3 starts off great!

Traditional_Ale
06-09-2010, 03:34 PM
True Blood is the only mainstream TV show I have liked in about 10 years. Un-freaking-believable.

Actually it pisses me off. I wanted to be the one to make that show...

Machiavelli
06-09-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm so excited! Werewolves!!

Boblobla
06-09-2010, 03:57 PM
The first episode of Season 3 is great and kinda sets the tone for what we will see throughout. Werewolves look pretty cool so far but I fear people are going to start comparing Twilight to True Blood and that would just drive me nuts. There's a cool storyline involving Bill early in the season. Look out for a few laughs when he's dining with some uber rich and important vampires. Eric still kicks ass and Jason is being back to his stupid self, which is all good in my books.

Especially since the book True Blood is based on (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Dead) was written in May 2003 and Twilight was published in 2005. When I first saw the trailer for Twilight I was so pissed because that is exactly how the True Blood author portrays Werewolves.

jammies
06-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Just watched episode 1 - no spoilers here, just felt like saying although it was certainly better than anything in Season 2, it was still rather blah. As I said before, they need to FOCUS instead of trying to tell 5 different stories at the same time. Maybe some characters need to be killed off...

Boblobla
06-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Spoilers in white

I am really not a fan of the blood selling story line. I don't like how they have portrayed the queens character so far in the series. All of the Tara story lines are annoying.

d_phaneuf
06-14-2010, 12:10 AM
I liked it, season premieres are always used to set up the storyline for the season and this one set up a couple that I think will be really interesting

Machiavelli
06-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Just watched episode 1 - no spoilers here, just felt like saying although it was certainly better than anything in Season 2, it was still rather blah. As I said before, they need to FOCUS instead of trying to tell 5 different stories at the same time. Maybe some characters need to be killed off...

They could start with Tara's mother and three quarters of the losers that work at the bar.

jeremywilhelm
06-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Kill Tara, Tara's mother, the bar people, Bill Compton, the Queen, and make Eric go back to being badass.

Seriously I was expecting an awesome season premier and what I got was something that kept putting me to sleep.

3 Justin 3
06-20-2010, 07:59 PM
I agree with the Tara comments. All her story lines are terrible and boring.

Machiavelli
06-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Ew.....new vampire guy is ugly.

DrJ
06-21-2010, 07:46 PM
"I keep expecting Bill to come through the door and say 'SOOKIE'". Definitely my favourite line of the night.

Ditto to all Tara comments. Lafayette's script when helping Tara are the only saving graces to that story line in all the seasons. Has anyone read the books? Does Tara serve a purpose in the story line that greatly affects the outcome of the series?

Actually, does anyone remember when Tara's Mom buys Tara a gift and Maryann Forrester chucks it in the bush? Did we ever find out what the gift was? I'm not even sure that actually happened come to think of it...

3 Justin 3
06-21-2010, 09:07 PM
"I keep expecting Bill to come through the door and say 'SOOKIE'". Definitely my favourite line of the night.

Ditto to all Tara comments. Lafayette's script when helping Tara are the only saving graces to that story line in all the seasons. Has anyone read the books? Does Tara serve a purpose in the story line that greatly affects the outcome of the series?

Actually, does anyone remember when Tara's Mom buys Tara a gift and Maryann Forrester chucks it in the bush? Did we ever find out what the gift was? I'm not even sure that actually happened come to think of it...

That "Sookie" line had me laughing for minutes. It is so true. :D

Doctordestiny
06-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Maybe stupid question" I've never watched one episode of this show. It's on all the time and I'm wondering if a person can watch random episodes or does this follow some kind of story line and that would spoil it? Do you have to watch them in order?

3 Justin 3
06-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Maybe stupid question" I've never watched one episode of this show. It's on all the time and I'm wondering if a person can watch random episodes or does this follow some kind of story line and that would spoil it? Do you have to watch them in order?

For the most part I would say yes. I watched a random episode from season 2 before watching it from the beginning, and it made little sense with what was going on.

d_phaneuf
06-24-2010, 11:49 AM
J8tODhvb47s

Machiavelli
06-24-2010, 08:55 PM
LOL....what the hell?

Young-Sneezy
06-24-2010, 10:57 PM
a few weeks ago a girl said i looked like taylor lautner. eat your hearts out.

JerzeeGirl
06-25-2010, 02:27 AM

I've read all the books thru #9 and Tara is a minimal character in them - barely there for the most part and when she is involved, it's not to the degree that we see in the show at all.

But then, Lafayette is killed by Renee in the 1st book so they've definitely gone off topic in places when it comes to characters and their storylines.

As for the gift, no they never did reveal what it was and I'm pretty sure it's either still in that bush or someone else picked it up.

T@T
06-25-2010, 02:44 AM
Due to this thread I watch 2 episodes of this show, I seriously would love to have those 2 hours back. :bag:

jeremywilhelm
06-25-2010, 06:58 AM
This season is weak ass so far. I've never been more bored watching tv since 6 feet under

Machiavelli
06-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Eric telling Sookie not to cry because it made him feel human was pretty weak.

Needs to be more evil.

jeremywilhelm
06-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Eric telling Sookie not to cry because it made him feel human was pretty weak.

Needs to be more evil.

Erics character took a really lame turn right about the time he was getting Sookie to suck the bullets out of his chest.

This show is getting laaaaaame.

DuffMan
06-25-2010, 09:29 AM
That whole scene of Eric banging that chick in the basement of the bar, offsets the lameness of the human feelings comments.

Matata
06-25-2010, 09:45 AM
With Buffy being on TV again and True Blood, it's now impossible for me to hate on Twilight. Too much good has come out of it and it's not like I'm obligated to read the books or watch the movies.

Now I'm wondering if watching Buffy will make me miss all the vampire boning of True Blood, or if True Blood will make me miss the dialogue of Buffy.

VANFLAMESFAN
06-25-2010, 11:15 AM
That Snoop Dogg vid is freakin hilarious.

DuffMan
06-28-2010, 11:10 AM
pretty groovy ending to last's nights episode.

Vampires don't need paper bags.

VANFLAMESFAN
06-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Just a heads up, True Blood, Hung or Entourage will not be on this coming weekend due to the July 4 long weekend in the States.

Sucks for me because I have been waiting for Eipsode 4 for well over a month now.

Bill snapping her head backwards was fantastic!

jammies
06-28-2010, 03:57 PM
That head thing was twisted.

3 Justin 3
06-28-2010, 08:45 PM
When he twisted her head like that, was he trying to kill her, or did she manipulate (like the staring thing) him into banging her and she is just a kinky chick?

DuffMan
06-29-2010, 07:01 AM
When he twisted her head like that, was he trying to kill her, or did she manipulate (like the staring thing) him into banging her and she is just a kinky chick?

it's the vampire way of putting a paper bag over her head

Machiavelli
06-29-2010, 05:54 PM
What on earth......

Machiavelli
07-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Haha..."shut the **** up"

killer_carlson
07-15-2010, 10:22 PM
this season has sucked so far to be honest. The Sam storyline is boring. The tara storyline is boring, each of which is wrecking good characters.

I hope it picks up soon...

DuffMan
07-15-2010, 10:40 PM
the red headed chick and Sookie, keep me tuning in.