PDA

View Full Version : CP Baby Pool Workshop Thread

Guest1
06-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Because Peanut and I are due to have our babies pretty close, we decided to have a Baby Pool.

So what I figured (and anyone is free to give input, it would be appreciated!) is we would bet on delivery date and weight. Seeing as both Peanut and I know what we are having, no sense on betting on the sex.

We're due the last week of July and the first week of August. If there are other CP users or users wives that are due around this time, the more the merrier!

When I did the spreadsheet, because there are so many squares, I think it would be cool to have one entry per "baby-maker". So right now, because there are 2 of us, every person can pick 2 squares. If more women enter (or are entered by their partners) then people get more squares.

So how about people can PM me any "baby-maker" entries by Monday (June 8) and then we can do 3 weeks of picks. I wanted it to be an on going thing to get as many people getting to pick squares, so the only way I thought of doing picks was a "first-come-first-served" first post on the contest board gets those squares and if someone beats you to your pick, too bad. Try again.

Am I missing something here, or not explaining this well enough? Input and suggestions and "Baby-Maker" entries due by June 8 @ midnight and then the contest will start on Tuesday when I open the thread (at whatever time I want :p ) will start the baby pool. Cutoff for picks will be June 30th midnight.

Here's the pool board I came up with (let me know if I missed a date or a weight... remember: I sell luggage, I'm not a computer programmer!)
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rk2DehoCiELGhpufyp9sDNA&output=html

Cheers!

PS: and no, the winner does not get to name the baby! EDIT: as GTF suggested: no, you don't get to keep the baby either.

Peanut
06-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks Puxlut!! :cool:

Guest1
06-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Peanut pointed out my link made people have to log in... I think I fixed it?
She also said that if her baby isn't out by Aug 16 she may have to take it out herself, so I just changed the last date to include everything after the 17th.

Anything else?

Peanut
06-02-2009, 08:11 PM
I reeeeeally hope no picks end up in the "over 9 lbs" category. :eek:

prarieboy
06-02-2009, 08:45 PM
WHoooaa!! Hold on a minute.

We need some Mommy stats. First baby? ..... Is mom 6'-3" or 4'-11"...:D

Guest1
06-02-2009, 09:22 PM
I reeeeeally hope no picks end up in the "over 9 lbs" category. :eek:
With the amount of weight I've gained, that might be mine :eek:

Guest1
06-02-2009, 09:28 PM
WHoooaa!! Hold on a minute.

We need some Mommy stats. First baby? ..... Is mom 6'-3" or 4'-11"...:D
I'll share mine, it's up to Peanut if she wants to share her stats.

My first (and probably only!)
I'm 5'11 (if I stand up straight)
I was 7lbs 11ozs when I was born.
You're not getting weight out of me, but before I got knocked up I had an slim/athletic build.
During the pregnancy you're "supposed" to gain 25-40 lbs overall and I think I'm up to 50 lbs.
I'll even throw in an "estimated" due date and sex: July 25/girl.

I don't think my husband will let me divulge his stats ;)

Peanut
06-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Okay, here are mine...

My first (and probably not only!)
I'm 5'9
I was 7lbs 5ozs when I was born.
You're not getting weight out of me either, but before I got knocked up I had an athletic build that probably could've lost 20 lbs. ;)
During the pregnancy you're "supposed" to gain 25-40 lbs overall and I've gained 25 lbs so far. Sigh.
"Estimated" due date and sex: Aug 1/girl.

SeeGeeWhy (baby daddy) throws in that he's 6'0 and weighed 7lbs 10oz when he was born.

Guest1
06-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Input and suggestions and "Baby-Maker" entries due by June 8 @ midnight and then the contest will start on Tuesday when I open the thread (at whatever time I want :p ) will start the baby pool. Cutoff for picks will be June 30th midnight.

Becasue I will be starting the pool, it's only fair that I wait a week before choosing my picks (same goes for my husband, if he chooses to play)

It seems there are no more "baby maker" entries, so keep your eyes peeled on Tuesday for the official opening of the pool.

And remember: to make your picks, post them in the thread, don't PM me with picks! Picks do not have to be "baby maker" specific seeing as we are so close in due dates.