PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Sirius?

bigalspratty
05-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey everyone.
Im creating this thread wondering if anyone on here is looking for a sirius unit or add on to their aftermarket head unit...
I have a bunch of overstocked product that I need to get rid of.
My name is Dave, and I am the car audio manager for the Visions in Crowfoot Village, and I can be reached at 4032082487.
If you have any questions about what I carry, or what I can get my hands on, please feel free to reply on the thread, PM me, or call me.

Thanks! Hope I can be of some help to everyone!

Cowboy89
05-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Do you have any Stillettos or boomboxes? If so what prices can you get them at?

SportsJunky
05-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Hey everyone.
Im creating this thread wondering if anyone on here is looking for a sirius unit or add on to their aftermarket head unit...
I have a bunch of overstocked product that I need to get rid of.
My name is Dave, and I am the car audio managerfor the Visions in Crowfoot Village, and I can be reached at 4032082487.
If you have any questions about what I carry, or what I can get my hands on, please feel free to reply on the thread, PM me, or call me.

Thanks! Hope I can be of some help to everyone!
Any Sirius car audio units?

bigalspratty
05-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Any Sirius car audio units?
Im a little confused what your looking for....
Do you want Sirius in the car? Or a deck that has sirius built in? Either way, we can add sirius into your car.

cKy
05-13-2009, 03:44 PM
If anyone is wondering - I got the Sirius Car Addon for my Kenwood deck, and the quality is 10x better then from the devices that stick to your window. They are a little pricey though (I think it was $180 for the 2 peices I needed to do it) depending on your deck.

Boblobla
05-14-2009, 11:03 AM
If anyone is wondering - I got the Sirius Car Addon for my Kenwood deck, and the quality is 10x better then from the devices that stick to your window. They are a little pricey though (I think it was $180 for the 2 peices I needed to do it) depending on your deck.

The problem with that is then you can only use your sirius in your car correct? I listen to it at work as well so I think I am stuck with my window attachement :(

bigalspratty
05-14-2009, 12:56 PM
^ Dont worry man, I have a solution for you.

cKy
05-14-2009, 01:01 PM
The problem with that is then you can only use your sirius in your car correct? I listen to it at work as well so I think I am stuck with my window attachement :(

That is correct, it is only for my car. You can stream Sirius from the website though with your account information.. ofcourse, work rules may not allow it.. I have seen people at my old job use Sirius (the units) at work and hook some speakers up to it..

I'm curious what you would recommend for a unit to that big al,

bigalspratty
05-14-2009, 01:06 PM
That is correct, it is only for my car. You can stream Sirius from the website though with your account information.. ofcourse, work rules may not allow it.. I have seen people at my old job use Sirius (the units) at work and hook some speakers up to it..

I'm curious what you would recommend for a unit to that big al,
For in the vehicle, which I think Boblobla is looking for, I carry vehicle connect kits, which are similiar to your direct connect in that you control it on the unit, and get the high sound quality, but it also allows you to take the unit into the house, and use it there too.
For in the house, we also have the sirius conductor, which plugs into an AUX in on a home stereo, and gives you a screen right on the remote, and is a pretty good sound quality. Pretty neat looking item too.

Boblobla
05-14-2009, 01:17 PM
For in the vehicle, which I think Boblobla is looking for, I carry vehicle connect kits, which are similiar to your direct connect in that you control it on the unit, and get the high sound quality, but it also allows you to take the unit into the house, and use it there too.
For in the house, we also have the sirius conductor, which plugs into an AUX in on a home stereo, and gives you a screen right on the remote, and is a pretty good sound quality. Pretty neat looking item too.

Sweet. All I have right now (and I haven't bothered setting it up in my new truck) is the window mounting thingy and it transmits the FM signal. It sucks. At least it was expensive though right? :confused:

GoinAllTheWay
05-14-2009, 01:21 PM
I think Boblobla is in the same boat as me. I have an 05 Mazda 3 that doesn't have that jack into my stereo so I have to do the wireless FM thing as well, sounds kinda crappy. What is the cost associated with the setup you suggest?

bigalspratty
05-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I think Boblobla is in the same boat as me. I have an 05 Mazda 3 that doesn't have that jack into my stereo so I have to do the wireless FM thing as well, sounds kinda crappy. What is the cost associated with the setup you suggest?
We have an FM modulator, which still operates on an FM frequency, but is a direct connect, so you get a much higher sound quality. It would be like $70 installed for you, if you have the factory head unit.
Boblobla replaced the deck in his truck, so his connect is a little different, but gives alot of the same functions.
Its hard to explain on a message board like this...

If you want to see the FM adapter, here is a link to it.

http://shop.siriuscanada.ca/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=3560&siId=3356111&catParentID=43150&scId=43150&oldParentID=16689&userLangISO=en_US

BlackArcher101
05-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Any XM stuff? I've been thinking of using my xm-ready capable function of my JVC headunit.

bigalspratty
05-14-2009, 04:11 PM
We can get it...
For some reason, the stores dont keep the XM direct stuff in stock.
But yes, it can be done.
PM me if your looking for install pricing and unit pricing.