PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens/Jeff Garcia

Deelow
08-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Owens has long been critical of his former teammate's abilities as a quarterback, but in the September issue of Playboy obtained by the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Eagles' newest receiver offered some incendiary answers to questions about Garcia's off-field life.

The Inquirer reported on Tuesday that in the Playboy interview, when asked about Garcia's denials of media rumors that he is homosexual, Owens replied: "Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat.".

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1856715

I thought Owens had gone too far months ago. Now this? I know there is some sort of fascination with uncovering america's fisrt gay pro athlete but that is the job of the press not Terrell Owens. I never could stand the guy, totally crossed the line in this case...what does he care anyway?

Inferno
08-10-2004, 11:42 PM
Garcia's suppose to be going out with the Playmate of the Year Carmella Decesare.

JiriHrdina
08-11-2004, 12:02 AM
Owens may just be the biggest jerk in all of sports. I really hope Jeff takes the high road and this and doesn't even respond to Owen's comments.

Calgary Flames
08-11-2004, 12:33 AM
Jeff Garcia has that fruity vibe most definetely, but he isn't gay... He was with a jaw droppingly gorgeous woman about a year ago at a Stamps game.

I think he can be a Pro Bowl calliber QB aswell... T.O. is a chump.

dirk diggler
08-11-2004, 08:02 AM
losing a player like owens is never a great loss, talented but a cancer in the room, he is a fool. i hope philly tanks with him. garcia has more character and plays harder than Owens ever does

JohnnyO
08-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Owens is the best in the NFL after he catches the ball. However he is the worst in the NFL when he opens his mouth. And I agree with Dirk that he would be a cancer in the dressing room. I want to see what he says to McNabb when he doesn't get the rock all the time.

However that pom pom celebration was classic.

calgaryred
08-11-2004, 10:08 AM
If Jeff was gay who cares? If Jeff wants to tell which is nobody's business it's Jeff's choice. Owens has too big of a mouth I give his career 3 years. Once he doesn't perform at the level he's suppose too. His mouth and attitude will see him sitting on the curb wondering what happenend. He will never led a team to a championship. I just don't see it.

dirk diggler
08-11-2004, 12:12 PM
SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT JEFF GARCIA, THIS GUY IS AS TOUGH AS ANY QB OUT THERE INCLUDING BRETT FAVRE... HE PLAYS HARD, UNLIKE OWENS.. I DONT SEE OWENS LEADING A TEAM TO THE SUPER BOWL EITHER

troutman
08-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Garcia refutes the allegation:

habernac
08-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Owens is a chump. Used to complain he didn't get the ball enough. Problem was, he couldn't catch the damn thing when it was thrown his way. STFU and play, TO. Garcia has proven himself in the top league in the NFL.

As for Garcia's response....