PDA

View Full Version : Blinds and Window Coverings

Nage Waza
02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Try Dave's Blinds! This guy deals with Hunter Douglas (high end) and sells for much cheaper than anyone else! It is worth it, and he says Calgary puck get's a discount!!!

Nage Waza
02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
I forgot the number!!!
It is 403-251-4635!

GoinAllTheWay
02-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Crazy, I'm currently trying to buy blinds. Was hoping the precut ones in the sears Catalogue would do the job but they are just a bit to wide, pretty sure I'm going to have to do custom on all windows in my house. Thanks for the tip man.

droopydrew19
02-27-2009, 11:42 AM
If anyone needs their blinds cleaned give me a shout on PM or check out www.thesonicsolution.com (http://www.thesonicsolution.com)

Also, Does Dave's Blinds have a website? I may have some referrals for him in the future.

Nage Waza
04-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Sorry, I kinda walked away from this thread. I don't see a website, but Dave actually goes to your house with his products and helps you figure out what you need. If you like what he has, he can do your measurements and a few days later the blinds arrive and he has them installed. He noticed I had CalgaryPuck open, and that is when we chatted about the Power Ring.

dubc80
08-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Wanted to bump this thread. We just moved into a new house a few weeks ago and we need blinds. Had one company come in do do an estimate and they wanted $9K. Yeah, we picked some nice Hunter Douglas stuff and our windows are bigger, but... Wow.

Anyone have any recent experience on which company in town had the best prices?

rururu
08-17-2010, 09:21 AM
I used Selectblindscanada, I believe they are from Montreal. I had about 6 windows and 2 doors and didn't want to spend a lot of money. Took the measurements, checked them again, ordered online and it was around $1800 including shipping. The only problem was the order took two weeks longer than one month that they ETA'd originally. Took me about 90 minutes to install all, very easy. I would recommend them for sure if you can wait and want to save.

Ducay
08-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Blinds.ca

Did our whole house in real wood slat blinds for a lot less than anywhere else. Coupon codes pop-up occasionally on the interwebs.

csnarpy
08-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Blinds.ca

Did our whole house in real wood slat blinds for a lot less than anywhere else. Coupon codes pop-up occasionally on the interwebs.

ya, we used Blinds.com and got them sent up here - still half the price as .ca (after delivery). Did our complete house with motorized 2" faux wood and cellular up/downs. Great, great company!

taffeyb
08-23-2010, 08:12 PM
selectblindscanada.ca as mentioned above is good. Did all our windows with those top down/bottom up cellular shades. easy to install. easy to order. you need to keep checking the website as they always have specials. you just need to buy when you are happy with the offering.

Sr. Mints
01-18-2011, 04:54 AM
ya, we used Blinds.com and got them sent up here - still half the price as .ca (after delivery). Did our complete house with motorized 2" faux wood and cellular up/downs. Great, great company!

Wow, are they ever cheaper than their Canadian counterpart. $600 vs $330 for my quotes for the exact same thing.

I see this is five month old, but are you in Canada and did they ship to you from the States?

sparky69
02-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Wow, are they ever cheaper than their Canadian counterpart. $600 vs $330 for my quotes for the exact same thing.

I see this is five month old, but are you in Canada and did they ship to you from the States?

I just called them, they do not ship to canada

stampsx2
02-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Sears, 9 windows, hunter douglas wood panels, custom cut and installed - 2200.