PDA

View Full Version : LOKI LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrMastodonFarm
08-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Nicely done fotze, must feel great!

Really glad all your hard work paid off man.

habernac
08-10-2004, 10:42 AM
You have no idea how big the smile on my face was when I read this! Great to hear, fotze!

:) :)

peter12
08-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by fotze@Aug 10 2004, 10:40 AM
I found my dog!!!!! A wicked guy (marvin) who works at the Strathmore stockyards called and said it showed up there Friday evening and had been hanging around for a few days and he was trying to get rid of her. The foremen saw our picture ad in the Herald today and he gave us a call. She's a little stinky and dirty, alot tired but seems alright. I'm the happiest guy in the world now.

Thanks you everyone for your concerns and uncalled for help.

We are gonna go back out and thank Marvin with something we are not sure yet.
Great news fotze! What kind of dog is it?

I jsut got me a new puppy yesterday.

kermitology
08-10-2004, 10:50 AM
That's so great fotze.. I heard about this on CJAY yesterday morning and hoped the whole city would be on the lookout for Loki.. You must be the happiest man in the city right now!

Bingo
08-10-2004, 10:51 AM
congrats man ... that's great. That was so sad, losing your dog on a break in.

Calgary Flames
08-10-2004, 10:52 AM
This news makes my day, probably not nearly as much as it made your day but i'm just really happy for you and your dog.

Good stuff!

photon
08-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Wow, that's awesome!

octothorp
08-10-2004, 11:08 AM
So glad to hear it Fotze! You live right down the street from my girlfriend and I, I think--we got your flyer in the mailbox and saw the police around on Friday, and I was feeling really sad for the owner even before I knew it was a fellow Calgary-puckster. Seems like such a safe neighbourhood, it's scary that something like that would happen. Anyway, it's fantastic that he was found!

Bill Bumface
08-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Awesome news Fotze!! Too often these things end up the other way.

Now the question is how the hell did she get all the way to Strathmore?

moon
08-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Thats awesome. I feel great for you.

I couldn't imagine losing either one of my dogs even when they are busy destroying the house.

Yellefan
08-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Awesome news-- glad to hear she's safe and sound!

snowdude
08-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Congrats man!

Thunderball
08-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Good to see these stories can have happy endings, congratulations.

the_only_turek_fan
08-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Wow, this is a feel good story if there ever was one.

I am glad you are back with your dog!!

Now someone just has to get you those 7 beers back as well ;)

Cowperson
08-10-2004, 11:59 AM
That is great news.

I congratulate you on being so pro-active and putting some effort into it. That all paid off.

Strathmore!! Wow. Loki is going to have an awful lot of stories to tell!!

Cowperson

Otto-matic
08-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Wow Thats great fotze!

Good job in keeping hope for Loki to come home

:) :)

:D

JiriHrdina
08-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Fantastic news dude! I've been hoping to see a thread like this pop up. Great stuff.

Otto-matic
08-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Geez Strathmore!!

My dog couldnt even run more then 3 blocks without making me stop and let him take a little 20 min break to cool down.

<he's a little over weight> :lol:

Pagal4321
08-10-2004, 12:29 PM
That's great news fotze. Congrats man....Now you gotta work on finding those Corona's and the Mach 3 :P

Reggie Dunlop
08-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Heart warming news.

I can only imagine living with the uncertainty of not knowing what happened to a family pet.

Of course now, Loki is a media star.

Have you pitched the networks on the idea for "Real Life Littlest Hobo" yet?

:lol:

KevanGuy
08-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Great to hear fotze. It made my days seeing this post this morning.

RougeUnderoos
08-10-2004, 12:38 PM
I missed the whole thing -- cans someone give a quick synopsis of what happened?

Jiggy_12
08-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Wicked news Fotze, I'm glad you didnt give up. This is absolutley great to hear, made my afternoon thats for sure!

calculoso
08-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by RougeUnderoos@Aug 10 2004, 12:38 PM
I missed the whole thing -- cans someone give a quick synopsis of what happened?
Try this:

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/index.php?showtopic=570

P.S. Great news Fotze! Very happy for you!

Ro
08-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Somehow I missed that too. Great story, good to hear you found him/her. And for someone not in Calgary, how far away is Strathmore from where fotze lives?

Prototype
08-10-2004, 01:02 PM
As a new owner of a puppy, I kept thinking about you Fotze. Everytime I would drive past the Ceceil <sp?> I would keep my eye out for your dog. I don't know what I would do if I saw him. Probably snatch him and risk getting fired at work for having a dog there, but I know how important a dog can be to someone.

Once again, congrats. You were in my thoughts, and I'm glad you are back together with your fine looking dog.

Bertuzzied
08-10-2004, 01:11 PM
YAY. that is fantastic! I even called my wife and told her. hehehe She even knows what Calgary Puck is now!

Are you going to be putting in an alarm system now? I think Loki would like it.

RougeUnderoos
08-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Wow that's quite the story. Great happy ending though. I'm sure Loki will have some stories for the other dogs.

As for ADT -- get a tonne of stickers and put them on every window and door. And see about getting the volume cranked up on the keypad cuz that noise will tell everyone in earshot that it's not just a bunch of stickers. Don't stall about changing the generic pin number they give you. Everyone I know has the same number they got when they had it installed and it's not exactly hard to remember (not that these dudes were likely all that sophisticated but...)

I've never understood the motion detectors in parent's house because the alarm is supposed to go off on entry so they seem a little redundant to me. So think about that before paying for a bunch of those.

Bring_Back_Shantz
08-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Interesting how this gets around. ther is an ad on my companies internal classified ads about your dog. I can only assume it's your wife who posted it as it says "our dog". Or, I guess I could assume that you are a chick, though after finding out what Fotze means I kinda doubt it.

Holy small world. I hear about this on the radio. Then I find out it a fellow CPer who owns the dog. THen I find out his wife (or her) works at the same company as me.

Odd day....

Tron_fdc
08-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by fotze+Aug 10 2004, 07:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fotze @ Aug 10 2004, 07:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Bertuzzied@Aug 10 2004, 01:11 PM
YAY. that is fantastic! I even called my wife and told her. hehehe She even knows what Calgary Puck is now!

ADT is coming tomorrow to do their sales pitch, is there any of the inevitable extras they will try to sell that I really don't need?[/b][/quote]
You mean like everything?

When I picked mine up the dude had about $1000 in upgrades he wanted to sell me. It's pretty easy to bring that down quite a bit, though.

You should be able to get at least a free smoke detector for signing up. Mention all the freebies being tossed around at alarm force and stealth if you sign up with them, and try to get the shortest contract length for the least amount of money possible.

http://www.stealthalarms.com/promo.asp is one place to check out (free TV and VCR right now!!) If you give the guy the impression you're going to take it right away he'll fear monger you into spending way over budget (one of the reasons I punted the Stealth salesman).

I went with the smoke detector in the basement and upstairs, motion detector on the main floor and the upstairs, shatter detector on my walk out basement windows, and a few extra contacts on the main floor windows and patio door (anything that was accesible off my deck). Mine was a little overboard, but my old man was just coming off a home invasion robbery at gunpoint so it was justified.

Stickers and alarm signs usually work well, and so do "beware of dog signs". Even though your pooch may be friendly, a house that has an alarm that is watched by a dog is IMO less of a target than your neighbour with nothing at all.

So was Loki clean shaven and hung over when you picked him up? Maybe he had a date and just wanted to take a few days off?? :D

Congrats man, I would hate to lose my dog.

spydermal
08-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Yeah stealth alarms is being investigated, i cant remember what for though? Glad to see u got your dog back. To me your dog has very unique looking eyes.

sbailey924
08-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Glad to hear your happy ending.

I bet the dog had the Coronas and woke up in the auto shop. :)

greerb
08-10-2004, 08:03 PM
I'm glad the you got Loki back, that is the best news I have heard all day. It is one beautiful dog.

Deelow
08-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by fotze+Aug 10 2004, 07:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fotze @ Aug 10 2004, 07:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bertuzzied@Aug 10 2004, 01:11 PM

ADT is coming tomorrow to do their sales pitch, is there any of the inevitable extras they will try to sell that I really don't need? [/b][/quote]
A Watch Dog <_<
Maybe you could use one of those?

Good news man, I am happy for you.
I can only imagine the stress.

Papa Gino
08-10-2004, 09:59 PM
man that sure made me feel good. Get an alarm system! I sleep in my room with my door closed and my dog beside me. Where does your dog sleep?

KootenayFlamesFan
08-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Great to hear, fotze!

On a side note, just wanted to say after reading all these posts how impressed I am at all the CP'ers here from the Calgary area who were truly concerned for the dog and offered to help out by looking around town, etc. for fotze's dog.

I'm very impressed. Great to see so many decent people posting here. Give yourselves a small pat on the back if you helped out.....however small that help might have seemed.

Now fotze.....go out and buy yourself a few new Coronas, hang out with the wife and dog, and relax a bit. You deserve it.

Congrats again on finding your dog!! :)

Lanny_MacDonald
08-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Great to see you got your dog back. I can imagine what you were going through. Our dogs are our kids. Man, we would lose it if they were ever dog-napped.

BTW... I hope the guy that did this gets caught and catches a serious beating.

:ph34r:

browna
08-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Great stuff.

Zildicky now steals dogs

...and, thanks to my trips to the seedy parts of DT after dark hoping to help, I now know where I can get almost any intoxicant/downer/speed/narcotic/crack whore/cardboard box to sleep in.

But seriously..congrats..

Yellefan
08-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by browna@Aug 11 2004, 12:05 AM
Great stuff.

Zildicky now steals dogs

...and, thanks to my trips to the seedy parts of DT after dark hoping to help, I now know where I can get almost any intoxicant/downer/speed/narcotic/crack whore/cardboard box to sleep in.

But seriously..congrats..
Indeed-- If I am ever down on my luck I now have a few ideas of some good places to sleep at night. The couple of outings I took sure opened my eyes a bit... there's a lot of nice homeless people out there, they aren't all like the ones who harass me for money every day on my way to and from the office.

I'll be booing Zidlicky extra hard next year for this!!!

Wolfwood
08-11-2004, 11:33 AM
That's awesome news. Glad to hear that. I can't imagine what the experience would be like to lose a pet like that.

Good to know you got your dog back.