PDA

View Full Version : LF: Travel Agent - Mexico/Somewhere warm vacation

Garbs
02-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi All,

Did a quick search and didnt see anything come up for travel agent related to mexico... (well one thing for recomendations for a family vacation).

BUT! A group of me and my friends (about 8 people as it stands likely more will want to come as time goes on) are looking to go to mexico at the end of april / early may (just after Uni gets out) and head to mexico for an all inclusive stay.

Any recomendations or if there is a travel agent kicking around to help that would be awesome.

Thanks!

tvp2003
02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Sorry to piggyback your thread, but I also had a related question: what are the benefits to having a travel agent? Can they get you a better/best deal on flights/hotel/etc? I suppose they can also suggest or recommend certain places to go/see, but how does that compare with the "packages" that are put together (i.e. westjet vacations, etc.)? What if you're travelling to Europe or Asia -- better to use a travel agent? Or just book online?

Garbs
02-04-2009, 04:10 PM
The only time i used a travel agent was we had a big trip to switzerland through the university and she found us a 4 star hotel in bern for 40$ a night or something ridiculous.

Really, if no one responds anyone have advice on what the best website to use is? Expedia? West Jet Vacations? ect. ect.?

i have used expedia before and it always works well enough

sparky69
02-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi there. I know from experience that having a travel agent is I must. I recently went to Europe for three weeks. the package we got from the agent was the same price if not cheaper then if we book it online. didnt have to worry at all about the details, we just told her what we wanted to do and go.

Also I know that with travel agents they get payed from the air lines/travel tour, not the customer. most of the time they can find a lower price then online. plus it saves you time as they are researching the information, and will let you know what resorts are great and which ones to not even look at.

anyways the agent that I used her name is Ashley her number is 403 835-9792 or you can reach her at awalker.ptn@hotmail.com she works for pro travel network.

jus_sum_guy
02-05-2009, 12:25 PM
I am a travel agent. PM me

As for advantages to using an agent versus online... there isn't any if you are booking all-inclusives or air only. Our prices may be better than online or vice versa. These types of bookings are standard and can be made by any means.
Having said that, if something goes wrong with your trip, good luck trying to get through to an online agent!
When it comes to big overseas trips, it's always better to go with an agent as they SHOULD be knowledgeble about the area you want to travel to.

troutman
02-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Do you save much going last minute? Would this be wise for the week after March 20th (Spring Break in Calgary) or is everything going to be booked? We don't care where we go - somewhere warm.

brownie
02-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Do you save much going last minute? Would this be wise for the week after March 20th (Spring Break in Calgary) or is everything going to be booked? We don't care where we go - somewhere warm.

We booked an all inclusive to Mexico about 2 weeks ago. Leaving on the 22nd of this month through Sellofvacations. I checked it yesterday and it was up about 500 bucks per person from when we booked. So I guess they dont get cheaper the closer you get to the date.

renny
02-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I would recommend trying www.westjetvactions.com to see if there are any deals. Their prices are generally quite reasonable.

jus_sum_guy
02-17-2009, 10:20 AM

Not everything will be booked, but the more desirable resorts will be booked.

If you are not picky about where you go and which kind of resort you are going to stay at, then booking last minute will save you hundreds!

Boblobla
03-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Are there any other agents on the site? I haven't heard back from my PMs

Sample00
03-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Are there any other agents on the site? I haven't heard back from my PMs

I owned a travel agency up until last february. The lady that bought it from me is doing a good job. feel free to contact her at 1-888-723-4478 or email, dawn@yellowheadtravel.com

as a side note, I was speaking to her yesterday about last minute stuff and there's more available out of calgary than edmonton.

tell her you are a Calgarypucker, she might be able to work out a wee bit of a discount for you.

tell her Axel sent ya.

Boblobla
03-24-2009, 06:13 PM
I owned a travel agency up until last february. The lady that bought it from me is doing a good job. feel free to contact her at 1-888-723-4478 or email, dawn@yellowheadtravel.com

as a side note, I was speaking to her yesterday about last minute stuff and there's more available out of calgary than edmonton.

tell her you are a Calgarypucker, she might be able to work out a wee bit of a discount for you.

tell her Axel sent ya.

I am looking for someone to book my honeymoon for me in August. I really don't care if it saves me money over doing it myself. I am just so sick of any sort of planning of anything with all the wedding crap that I want to just pay someone to do it for me.

Scrambler
03-31-2009, 10:08 AM
I am looking for someone to book my honeymoon for me in August. I really don't care if it saves me money over doing it myself. I am just so sick of any sort of planning of anything with all the wedding crap that I want to just pay someone to do it for me.

PM me if you are interested in a honeymoon in the South Pacific (Fiji/Tahiti/Cook Islands/etc). Or maybe even Bali, one of my friends did their honeymoon there and were very pleased with the destination.