PDA

View Full Version : A radio adventure

snowdude
08-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Well I didn’t know where to put this thread so its going to go here.

Well it seems that in the short period I’ve been on this board I’ve managed to carve out some what of a reputation…or gained some infamy as I like to think ok if. :D I have managed the same with the sports radio station up here in Edmonton (TEAM 1260) calling in to defend the Flames, put down the Oil as often as possible and trade city barbs

Thos has led to an invite to Co-host their morning show as part of their “teammate” week where every day for a week they have a different regular in to help host the show while one of the hosts is on vacation. I will be hitting the airwaves from 7-9am on Friday the 13th (this Friday) under the name of “Ross in Edmonton, from Calgary” and am looking to give as many shots as I take.

So if you live in the Edm area turn it on and enjoy a nice change from all greasers all the time.

PS> No revelations guaranteed :P

EDIT: me no spell gooder :lol:

Deelow
08-08-2004, 05:16 PM
will you be in studio?...or phone?

snowdude
08-08-2004, 05:19 PM
In studio.

I was away a fair bit of last week but it seems that they were asking people to save up their "Stupid Calgary" stuff until friday......should make things plenty intresting

calf
08-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Sweet man. I'll be in the chuk friday morning, so I'll be sure to listen (and call in to help you out). Good luck!!

pope04
08-08-2004, 05:43 PM
I was in the Edmonton area for a week in early April just prior to the Flames' series with the Can'tucks, so I tuned into 1260's morning show quite regularly. Lots of "Calgary sucks," "Calgary's gay" and "Calgary's gonna get swept." Really immature stuff that proves Edmonton has an inferiority complex. It seems that they've gotta take their shots up there, while we just think of Edmonton as irrelevant. Give 'em hell, snowdude.

metallicat
08-08-2004, 06:32 PM
That is awesome. I work on the roads, and we have a radio hanging off of our truck so that we can listen to music, Jim Rome...whatever. I might have to tune in on Friday! Have fun!

snowdude
08-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by pope04@Aug 8 2004, 05:43 PM
Give 'em hell, snowdude.
Thats the plan ;)

Pagal4321
08-08-2004, 09:36 PM
No streaming audio, I would listen from work then for sure, if not, tear em a new hole snowdude.

snowdude
08-12-2004, 04:06 PM
this is tommorow and i hit the air waves about 6ish.......depends on what time i get my coffee.

Also i have a rather nice rant...should be good times B)

troutman
08-12-2004, 04:50 PM
No Streaming: :angry:

http://www.cfrn.com/

You can e-mail the Morning Show here:

team1260@cfrn.com.