PDA

View Full Version : Football Game Breaks Out At Wrestling Scrimmage

Prototype
08-07-2004, 04:55 PM
Brock Lesnar, who seems to have a problem avoiding confrontation lately, started a fight in his first scrimmage as a Viking today, as Minnesota took on the Kansas City Chiefs.

The rules for the game were to avoid major contact and violent tackles, yet Lesnar blatantly broke the rules by sacking the backup quarterback, Damon Huard. "That's just me, and I don't care what [the Chiefs] think about it," Lesnar said in what was a succinct summary of how most Vikings players and coaches felt. "I'm here to play football and make the team. I'm going 110 percent. I'm not going to dial it down. That's the game. We've got full pads on. If that's the tempo they want to play, maybe my tempo is a little different."

After Lesnar's play, the game got significantly more aggressive and the Vikings were tacking Chief ball carriers.

Later on in the game, Lesnar tackled Jonathan Smith, prompting Jonathan Ingram to sprint into the pile and shove Lesnar. Lesnar responded by jumping on Ingram's back. The two quickly ripped each other's helmets off and caused players from both sidelines to get involved in the scuffle.

"I've got to prove myself," a defiant Lesnar said. "If it's fighting and clawing and whatever, then that's what I'm going to do. I haven't had this much fun since ... I can't remember. I have only one speed. Sometimes I got too far past the line and had to come back. I've got to find that happy medium, and I don't know if I've got it. But at least I'm getting up there and causing some chaos."

Credit Wrestling Headlines (http://www.wrestlingheadlines.com) and Pro Wrestling Torch (http://www.pwtorch.com) for the info.

Seems like Brock has a little temper issue to deal with, which could be exploited in game situations if he cracks the roster. Did anyone expect him to sack anyone tho? That's a surprise. And who jumps on people's backs? Hell, break out the F5 and walk away.

the_only_turek_fan
08-07-2004, 05:02 PM
yet Lesnar blatantly broke the rules

He was probably looking for a chair, just could not find it.

This is going to be an interesting situation. If he makes the team, I guess it opens the door for others in the WWF to try it out.

Prototype
08-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by the_only_turek_fan@Aug 7 2004, 11:02 PM
If he makes the team, I guess it opens the door for others in the WWF to try it out.
I don't quite agree. Lesnar was insane to leave the WWE, over the travel sched of all things. I don't know about you, but if I got paid to travel and be adored by millions of people, and make millions of dollars, I would try my hardest to like it. Granted he did have a family at home that he wouldn't see for 3/4 of the year, but that's what he got into. You don't apply at McDonalds and not expect to throw down the fries.

The only other guy I could see jump to the NFL now is The Rock, I mean, it's not like he is doing anything else right now anyways. ;)

the_only_turek_fan
08-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by VilleFan+Aug 7 2004, 11:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VilleFan @ Aug 7 2004, 11:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-the_only_turek_fan@Aug 7 2004, 11:02 PM
If he makes the team, I guess it opens the door for others in the WWF to try it out.
I don't quite agree. Lesnar was insane to leave the WWE, over the travel sched of all things. I don't know about you, but if I got paid to travel and be adored by millions of people, and make millions of dollars, I would try my hardest to like it. Granted he did have a family at home that he wouldn't see for 3/4 of the year, but that's what he got into. You don't apply at McDonalds and not expect to throw down the fries.

The only other guy I could see jump to the NFL now is The Rock, I mean, it's not like he is doing anything else right now anyways. ;) [/b][/quote]
Travelling the world all year is not as fun as it may seem.
I for one, would not like living out of a suitcase all my life.

I guess we are just two different people! :)

calgaryred
08-11-2004, 10:14 AM
It's a smart move leaving wrestling for football. A he can forfill his dream B he is part of a union not Vince C if he gets injured he's not shown the door and having it slammed behind him

greerb
08-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Speaking of Brock. His girlfriend, Sable, was just fired from the WWE this week.