PDA

View Full Version : Autographed Sports Memorabilia

Seabass
05-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi Guys:

Just wanted to let you know we have changed our name to Legacy Sports, and have launched a new website. Lots has changed, we still have a Calgary office, and we are opening up a retail store in Niagara Falls, ON this summer.

We have sold items to a few members here, but if anyone doesn't know us, we specialize in framed autographed sports memorabilia. We offer 20% offer for all Calgarypuck members.

Please visit our new website when you have a chance. Thanks!

http://www.legacysports.ca

Seabass
05-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Also, just an FYI. We work with a lot of charities supplying products for their auctions. If you have or know of a charity that would need items for a fundraiser coming up. Please contact us.

Seabass
05-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Question for you guys. We are thinking of bringing in a player to our Calgary office for an autograph signing.

Usually you see the same Flames signatures at a memorabilia shop like ours, Kipper, Iginla, Phaneuf and some Lanny McDonald. What player would you like to see more of from the past? Fleury? Lemelin? Loob?

SportsJunky
05-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Reggie Lemelin would be great. What about a guy like Plett?

burn_baby_burn
05-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Fleury, Vernon, Al MacInnis (would be awsome), Neuwiendyk (you know who I mean), Gary Roberts, Joey Mullen, Gary Sutter.

Seabass
05-15-2008, 04:45 PM
What about a guy like Jim Peplinski? or Joel Otto?

gordo67
05-16-2008, 05:02 PM
What about a guy like Jim Peplinski? or Joel Otto?

They are here in Calgary, so it would be easier. If you got guys like Loob that haven't been in these parts since they left that would be awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing Lemelin back in these parts, I have a a pair of his pads I wouldn't mind signed (in person)

Seabass
05-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Okay, keep an eye on our website in the next few months. We are going to do something celebrating the 1989 Stanley Cup Champion Calgary team. Hopefully that will include public signings with some of the players over a course of a month. If you haven't already, please sign up for our mailing list to get information on upcoming signings, exclusive discounts etc. Thanks guys!

flamesrule14
05-20-2008, 05:03 AM
Do you take requests? I'd be interested in getting anything Dustin Boyd.

Seabass
05-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Boyd might be a little harder to get. I will check around and see whats available, and get back to you.

flamesrule14
05-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Boyd might be a little harder to get. I will check around and see whats available, and get back to you.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Seabass
05-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Sorry I cant really find anything for Dustin Boyd yet. There are a couple of signed 8x10's on Ebay of him, but you are taking a chance with authenticity.

Seabass
05-26-2008, 07:27 PM
One other question for you guys. If we were to get an NFL player to come to Calgary for a signing in the offseason which player would you like to see? And which player do you think would draw a big crowd. I am talking either past or present players. The one that comes to mind for me is Joe Montana. Interested in seeing the responses. Thanks.

Bobblehead
05-27-2008, 12:04 PM
I'd personally be interested in any former 49er (with the exception of TO)

Seabass
06-05-2008, 12:31 PM
even Jeff Garcia?

burn_baby_burn
06-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Jared Allen! Current players could be tough. Personally I would be interested in almost any HOF player. If you want somebody to draw a big crowd in Calgary, Doug Flutie or Jeff Garcia would probably be your best bet.

Seabass
06-09-2008, 02:18 PM
There are a lot of Seahawks fans in Calgary. Maybe a guy like Steve Largent might go over well here. I would bet though he would do well in Vancouver.

Bobblehead
06-09-2008, 02:24 PM
I would think Broncos stuff would do well since Pat Bowlen has Alberta ties.

Seabass
06-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Oddly though, you dont see too many Broncos fans walking around. I see a lot of Seattle, Dallas, Green Bay, San Fran and Pittsburgh though.

Boblobla
06-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Oddly though, you dont see too many Broncos fans walking around. I see a lot of Seattle, Dallas, Green Bay, San Fran and Pittsburgh though.

That is because we are the home of the Bandwagon.

Prototype
06-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I'd say Peyton if you could get him... that would be awesome. Emmitt might be easy now that he's pimping himself out to men's hair dye.

Bobblehead
06-24-2008, 12:57 PM

That is because we are the home of the Bandwagon.

After the last few seasons you won't see many on the SF bandwagon. A guy down road from me used to have a 49ers spare tire cover. the he switched it to a Steelers cover. No idea what it would be now (moved away).

Seabass
06-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Its amazing how people can switch teams so quickly. Couldn't do it myself. I would rather suffer through decades of losing seasons. I'm a Seahawks fan by the way.

Seabass
06-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi guys:

One more thing I wanted to post about our framed sports memorabilia company. We offer several different corporate wholesale programs that can be used by your company for incentive programs, gifts for employees and corporate event prizes.

If you would like more information on these programs, or would like to set up a corporate account to view our wholesale prices, please PM me or visit our website.

Thanks.

SportsJunky
06-30-2008, 09:43 AM
pm sent

Seabass
07-02-2008, 04:47 PM
pm replied to.

Seabass
07-02-2008, 09:12 PM
This time of year can really suck in our business. When a player changes team either through free agency or a trade, we are left with overstock. For instance, Daniel Briere was a hot seller with Buffalo two years ago. When he signed with the Flyers, our Buffalo stock was pretty much worthless. Especially to Sabres fans. There are exceptions though, as Edmonton fans are still buying Ryan Smyth photos.

Seabass
07-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi guys:

Just wanted to let you know we now have Joe Nieuwendyk and Jim Peplinski autographed framed memorabilia. Please check the website, as we will be adding these soon.

Thanks.
Jeff

Seabass
08-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Joe Mullen has now been added as well.

Seabass
09-04-2008, 11:15 PM
We are having a private signing with Doug Flutie in January 2009. If you ever wanted a jersey/8x10/helmet signed by Doug, here is your opportunity.

We will have several items available that can be signed by Doug and personalized to you. Stampeders, BC Lions, Argonauts, New England Patriots, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills and Boston College items will all be available. You can also send us your own items and we will get them signed for you.

Details will follow shortly. They will posted on our website soon.

Thanks!

tvp2003
09-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Is this being held in Calgary or Toronto?

Seabass
09-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Its a private signing with him. Its being held in Boston.

Seabass
09-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Basically, we will have items available for pre order on the website. Mini helmets, photos and jerseys mostly. You can get anything personally inscribed by Doug if you wish. You will also be able to send us your items, we will take them with us, get them signed, and then ship back to you. We will also supply photos of the event, and every item, including your own items, will be shipped with our Certificate of Authenticity.

tvp2003
09-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Basically, we will have items available for pre order on the website. Mini helmets, photos and jerseys mostly. You can get anything personally inscribed by Doug if you wish. You will also be able to send us your items, we will take them with us, get them signed, and then ship back to you. We will also supply photos of the event, and every item, including your own items, will be shipped with our Certificate of Authenticity.

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I've still got a couple of boxes of "Flutie Flakes" from back in the day :D

Seabass
10-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi guys:

Just wanted to let you know we have a few autographed old style Flames jerseys now, including Doug Gilmour, Theoren Fleury, Lanny McDonald and Joe Mullen. Each comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and an unconditional lifetime guarantee.

http://www.legacysports.ca/calgary_nhl.asp

Draug
10-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Are they newly made vintage jerseys, or the real jerseys from the late 80's?

Seabass
10-04-2008, 09:33 AM
The jerseys are new jerseys with stitched letters and numbers on the back. They have the Stanley Cup 89 patch on them as well.

troutman
11-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Do have any pictures of any Doug Gilmour jerseys?

Seabass
11-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Here is the one from our website. If you would like to look at more photos, please let me know. I can take a few more pictures.

http://www.legacysports.ca/Jerseys/Gilmour.jpg

Sample00
11-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey there, dont mean to hijack your thread but we had a silent auction for a fundraiser this past weekend.
One of the items was a signed and framed Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers jersey. it was sold at $4,700.00. The lady who bought it approached me and asked me what its value was. I have no clue. Any ideas?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=964787&l=b2609&id=514533049

Mango
11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Hey Seabass - I'm actually in search of something signed by Sakic. I don't like taking chances on autographs on eBay.

I noticed a few things here:
http://www.legacysports.ca/player.asp?id=325

Do you happen to have anything with him on Team Canada? Thanks :)

Seabass
11-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi Mango:

There isn't much available right now for Joe Sakic - Team Canada. Are you looking for a jersey or a framed autographed photo? Here is the one item I do have available:

http://www.legacysports.ca/Sakic_GM.jpg

Seabass
11-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Hey there, dont mean to hijack your thread but we had a silent auction for a fundraiser this past weekend.
One of the items was a signed and framed Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers jersey. it was sold at $4,700.00. The lady who bought it approached me and asked me what its value was. I have no clue. Any ideas?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=964787&l=b2609&id=514533049

A framed Gretzky jersey like that usually sells retail for between $2500 to $3000. Hope that helps!

FLAMESRULE
11-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Just going through your site, do you guys also do signed stickes / pucks / helmets / gloves etc. or is it primarily framed pics + jersey's?? I'm renovating our basement and want lots of Stamps / Flames / Jays memorabilia to go with all the trinkets I've gotten at the various NFL/NHL/CFL games I've been too.

Seabass
11-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi Flamesrule:

We mostly just do framed photos and jerseys, we can also get autographed pucks, mini helmets and baseball bats though.

Seabass
12-28-2008, 10:22 AM
We are having a boxing week sale in the store trying to get of some older inventory. If any CPers want anything, I will offer 25% the listed price. Please check the website out, and PM me if you are interested in anything.

Thanks.
Jeff

Bobblehead
12-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Is that autographed Steve Young jersey mounted?
And what type of a jersey is it (replica, stitched letters, etc.)?

Seabass
12-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Hi Bobblehead:

Its a replica jersey with stitched letters. It is not mounted. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.