PDA

View Full Version : No longer available

photon
02-26-2008, 03:58 PM
EDIT: No longer available, sorry.

Tron_fdc
02-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Know anyone that can hang a garage door? I might need one of those down in the next few days.

photon
02-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Ugh, I hate those things, they're so picky. Last time I got one done I checked with Home Depot and found out the contractor they used and they came out to do it. Can't recall the name of them though, that was a couple of years ago.

Flames_Gimp
03-01-2008, 07:34 PM
sent him an email. perhaps he would like to work with us

McG
03-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Is he based in Calgary?

photon
03-02-2008, 11:03 AM
sent him an email. perhaps he would like to work with us

Sure, I know he's started one project now but he's worked on a few with us and others where he's had an investment in the project as well, so he's definitely open to that kind of thing. I'd be looking to do a flip or something right now with him if I wasn't tied up in some places for now :)

Is he based in Calgary?

Yeah he's in Calgary though he will look at going outside if it's worth it, though not sure if he'd go that far. When I did a flip in Red Deer with him I got the impression that that might be as far as he wanted to go.

Flames_Gimp
03-02-2008, 03:10 PM
well I hope I hear back from him, could use an experienced worker

FLAMESRULE
04-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Photon we're looking at having our entire basement done. We just bought a wicked shack in Hillhurst with an undeveloped basement. Would that be "big" enough for him?? We'd like to get started as soon as possible (get possesion in mid May), so early June would be ideal. New place is about 1966 square ft (top floors).

Any chance you could send some pictures of his work??

photon
04-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Yup, that's great, sent you a PM!

Crazy Flamer
06-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey Photon,

Is your dad still free do to reno work?

Teh_Bandwagoner
07-06-2008, 10:31 AM
I'd like to know too.

The contractor I'm currently dealing with is starting to piss me off. I had a bathroom leak that ruined my lino about 3 weeks back. So far getting this company to get the work done is like pulling teeth. All they've done int he last 3 weeks is get the dehumidifier in to dry the place, pulled up the old lino, and replace the old leaky toilet flange.

He was supposed to go in yesterday to start placing tile, and he never showed up! And all the previous times he's showed up, he's always been at least an hour late.

I could really really use a reliable contractor at this point.

photon
07-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Sorry, just found out this weekend that he's starting a full time desk job, which is great for him I think!

Teh_Bandwagoner
07-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Just for the fun of it, I'd figure I'd update you on what's going on:

So Sunday morning, I get a hold of the guy so I could tear him a new hole regarding the no-show on Saturday. He initially answers the phone and tells me he'll call me back in a couple mins... .... ...

One hour later, I call him back and get his voice mail.... .... ....
Next hour, call him back. Voice mail.
And so it goes on until about 4:30.

4:30, I call him and tell him I'm terminating the contract and hiring someone else and to refund me the difference for the work not complete, and if I don't get the money back within a week, I'm calling the BBB.

4:45 he calls me back and apologizes, stating there was a family emergency. I ream on him for not at least calling me back and letting me know what's going on. Then he tells me he was just on the phone with his worker and that he was at my rental waiting for me, and figured he could just show up because I had told him the key was in the mail box. Two problems with that.

1. I took the key back that afternoon.
2. I had new tenants moved in on Saturday and they weren't home so I didn't have permission to get in anyway.

He tells me well the guy is outside the house. Okay fine I'll go and give him the key, but told him he'd better damn well be done fixing this by the end of the week.

So literally as I'm pulling in the car to park in front of the house, the tenant calls me back and they give the guy permission to get in.

So the guy gets in and gets the tiling completed tonight. Puts on the toilet and flushes it...

The drain leaks and spills a bunch of water into the kitchen below!!! It messes up a bunch of the drywall behind the cupboards in the kitchen! The friggin' plumber who initially replaced my leaky flange didn't install it properly! So I get a call from the tenant tonight to let me know. Then the contractor calls me and tells me that this is the plumber's fault and that he'll be liable for the damage and that they'll fix it for me without additional cost. Damn right you will!

On a plus side, by not firing those guys, it makes it much easier for me to get these guys back in to fix the mess free of charge. But now how many more weeks before EVERYTHING is fixed??? Ugh...

Next time remind me to hire someone from CP right off the bat.